+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Moore is signing in January....

If Moore is signing in January....

...any chance he can sign on the 1st ?

Re: If Moore is signing in January....

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...any chance he can sign on the 1st ?
    No, it’s a bank holiday

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No, it’s a bank holiday
    Does football stop for a bank holiday? There’s a full fixture list, it’s a massive football day.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Does football stop for a bank holiday? There’s a full fixture list, it’s a massive football day.
    I don't know too much about this kind of thing. However, I seem to recall that whenever a player is signed, in order for the player to be available for a Saturday game (for example), he would have had to sign before a deadline on the Thursday.

So there doesn't seem any way he could sign and play on the same day?

Moore's going to be seriously short of match fitness if he comes here and so I'd assume he'll be on the bench for a game or two (one of which will be in the FA Cup) before we use him from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I don't know too much about this kind of thing. However, I seem to recall that whenever a player is signed, in order for the player to be available for a Saturday game (for example), he would have had to sign before a deadline on the Thursday.

So there doesn't seem any way he could sign and play on the same day?
    The post didn’t mention playing on the 1st though, it asked could sign on the 1st.

The FA don't work bank Holidays so he will not be signing on the 1st of January
    FA check contract all paperwork etc

I think he could sign on the 1st, but his paperwork wouldn't go through until the FA returns to work.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Moore's going to be seriously short of match fitness if he comes here and so I'd assume he'll be on the bench for a game or two (one of which will be in the FA Cup) before we use him from the start.

Not sure about that. I think he starts and plays for as long as he can then gets subbed.I seem to remember the same thing as regards Ramsey and Grant earlier in the season.

International

Pretty sure he'll be year first week and it won't take him too long to get back up to speed.

We need him he will make a big difference especially with the new midfielder, and Rambo and O'Dowda!

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Not sure about that. I think he starts and plays for as long as he can then gets subbed.I seem to remember the same thing as regards Ramsey and Grant earlier in the season.
    They had at least part of a pre season to get themselves fit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They had at least part of a pre season to get themselves fit.
    I think he’s fit enough to come on as an impact player in the last quarter of game

doesnt matter, we'd still play meite

Football itself may not stop for a bank holiday but I’m pretty sure administrative workers, legal people at the clubs, fa, efl etc wont be giving up their bank holiday to process the paperwork and register players when it can be done on the Tuesday 2nd in plenty of time for the following weekends games.

You can’t sign and register a player on the 1st and play him that day anyway

Football itself may not stop for a bank holiday but I’m pretty sure administrative workers, legal people at the clubs, fa, efl etc wont be giving up their bank holiday to process the paperwork and register players when it can be done on the Tuesday 2nd in plenty of time for the following weekends games.

You can’t sign and register a player on the 1st and play him that day anyway

It wasn’t suggested that he’d be able to play on the 1st

It wasn’t suggested that he’d be able to play on the 1st
    So what is being suggested exactly then? If it’s not with the purpose of playing on the 1st who cares wether he signs on the 1st or 2nd or 3rd for that matter?

You are Tony Jeffries and I claim my 5 pounds.

Talk about being pedantic

So what is being suggested exactly then? If it’s not with the purpose of playing on the 1st who cares wether he signs on the 1st or 2nd or 3rd for that matter?

You are Tony Jeffries and I claim my 5 pounds.

Talk about being pedantic
    It was obviously a post hoping that we do our business early in the month rather than later therefore getting the maximum amount of games out of new signings. It’s you who are splitting hairs about actual dates. Who really cares about FA workers bank holiday rotas, the whole crux of the post was ‘sign early as possible’. You’re being a bit daft suggesting we don’t care what day of the first week of January anyone signs, we want them in training with the squad as many days as possible before the next game.

It was obviously a post hoping that we do our business early in the month rather than later therefore getting the maximum amount of games out of new signings. It’s you who are splitting hairs about actual dates. Who really cares about FA workers bank holiday rotas, the whole crux of the post was ‘sign early as possible’. You’re being a bit daft suggesting we don’t care what day of the first week of January anyone signs, we want them in training with the squad as many days as possible before the next game.
    In your opinion that’s the crux of the post. Others including myself read it as Ken wants him to sign and play on the 1st.

If you want to carry on being pedantic the answer is no anyway. He won’t be registered on 1st because as I said originally it’s a bank holiday as the FA won’t be working.

After a match on the 1st and a busy Xmas and new year schedule the players will have the 2nd and possibly the 3rd off anyway so yeah who cares if he signs on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Have the last word if you want.

Aren't there deals that are signed pre-window that become valid immediately the window opens?

I'm sure I've seen contracts signed ahead of the date they are due to begin.

In your opinion that’s the crux of the post. Others including myself read it as Ken wants him to sign and play on the 1st.

If you want to carry on being pedantic the answer is no anyway. He won’t be registered on 1st because as I said originally it’s a bank holiday as the FA won’t be working.

After a match on the 1st and a busy Xmas and new year schedule the players will have the 2nd and possibly the 3rd off anyway so yeah who cares if he signs on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Have the last word if you want.
    I will, re-read the opening post.

Have th

e last word if you want.
    SP wins this one...I was just saying get him signed as early as possible

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    SP wins this one...I was just saying get him signed as early as possible
    It was obvious that was what your post was alluding to, don’t understand why J R was making a mountain out of a molehill