+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well Done NHS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well Done NHS

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    My experience was totally different. In August I was sent straight from my GP to the Heath with a suspected blood clot on the lung.
    My GP gave me a letter to give to reception and said that due to the letter I would be seen straight away.
    I arrived at the Heath at 5pm on a Wednesday in agony.
    I thought that as it was midweek, late afternoon and having a letter from my doctor I would be seen quickly.
    9 hours later at 2am I still hadn't been seen by anyone.
    The place was like a war zone full of drunks, druggies.
    At 2am I managed to speak to a nurse and asked when I was likely to be seen by somebody.
    She said she couldn't advise when I would be seen as she was the only nurse on duty and there were no doctors on duty due to staff shortages.
    I gave up and went home still in agony.
    I went back to my GP the following day still in agony, who did another letter, this time for Llandough and sent me straight there.
    After a 5 hour wait in Llandough I was admitted with a blood clot on my lung and spent 7 days on a ward.
    That’s a harrowing tale, a horrendous experience. Are you recovered now or still feeling after effects?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s a harrowing tale, a horrendous experience. Are you recovered now or still feeling after effects?
    I'm fine now blood clot wise.
    It wasn't a great experience, 14 hours in 2 A&E's before I got to see anyone and I already had a history of blood clots having had one in 2022 and 2 strokes in 2020.
    My GP said I could have had another big stroke or worse.
    My GP couldn't understand why upon production of her letter I wasn't seen immediately as apparently that is what should have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I'm fine now blood clot wise.
    It wasn't a great experience, 14 hours in 2 A&E's before I got to see anyone and I already had a history of blood clots having had one in 2022 and 2 strokes in 2020.
    My GP said I could have had another big stroke or worse.
    My GP couldn't understand why upon production of her letter I wasn't seen immediately as apparently that is what should have happened.
    Good to hear your blood clot situation seems to be sorted, let’s hope your next NHS experience is a lot better and many, many years in the future.