They get a lot of shite thrown their way but had experience of them this evening and I’ve nothing but the utmost praise.
My missus had a fall at about 7.30 this evening, unfortunately tripped over a kerb on the way to the car. Landed flat on her face, banging her head and nose on the pavement and also hurting her ankle. I got her up the Heath around 8ish, she was seen by a doctor almost immediately. He examined her and gave a quick diagnosis and arranged for x ray & CT scan.

The x ray showed soft tissue swelling on her ankle but he’s going to examine it further to see if there’s any fracture. CT scan showed no bleed on the brain, thank God, but she did have concussion. A bleed on the brain would have meant her being admitted. Her nose could be broken but the swelling needs to go down to make further checks.

The doctor called us in before we left and went through a few dos & dont’s, gave us literature relevant to each injury, explained it thoroughly. Provided her with crutches and us with direct phone numbers should any problems arise.

We were home just after 10pm after thinking we’d be at the hospital all night. We were so impressed by the standard of care and speed we experienced.

Thank you NHS, credit where credit’s due.