+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manchester United

Manchester United

Are so ordinary this season, they’ve just gone a goal down after fifty five minutes - it’s fifty minutes overdue. Newcastle have had 18 goal attempts to Man United’s 2.

Re: Manchester United

Maguire,Shaw,Bissaca & Dalot are your back 4 and you want to play out like you are Brazil of the 70's.....Definition of madness, but its the done thing nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are so ordinary this season, they’ve just gone a goal down after fifty five minutes - it’s fifty minutes overdue. Newcastle have had 18 goal attempts to Man United’s 2.
    Wouldn't mind playing them in the FA Cup.

How bad are other Premiership teams? United ar 7th while being awful.

United seem to blow hot and cold - as a team and as individual players.
    When they played Everton recently, they were by far the better team, despite Everton having an incentive to win after just having points deducted and being a solid unit anyway.
    It's been suggested that United are lacking fitness - which may well explain their inconsistency, especially as they are competing (allegedly) in the Champions League this season.

It's great to see one of the plastico sides struggle along ...

In 7th

Poor things

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    When they played Everton recently, they were by far the better team, despite Everton having an incentive to win after just having points deducted and being a solid unit anyway.
    It's been suggested that United are lacking fitness - which may well explain their inconsistency, especially as they are competing (allegedly) in the Champions League this season.
    They won easily enough at Everton in the end, but I thought they were very lucky to get to half time without conceding at least once - the game was there to be won by Everton in the first half.

They really should have done all they could to get Bellingham, and built a team around him…..good knows how many100’s of millions they’ve blown on other players in the last 5 years.

I don't ****ing care.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They really should have done all they could to get Bellingham, and built a team around him…..good knows how many100’s of millions they’ve blown on other players in the last 5 years.
    Bellingham is a class act at Madrid. The Madridista love him. Doubt if he would have developed as a player so quickly at Manure

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I agree with this. Also I think that Howe’s influence is understated. When what was effectively his Bournemouth B team totally humiliated the just-relegated Bluebirds in the League Cup at the CCS in September 2014 it was apparent that he was a special talent. Last night reminded me of that humiliation. United could not get possession for the first hour and should have been at least 3 down by half time.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's great to see one of the plastico sides struggle along ...

In 7th

Poor things
    Yes, superb.

I've been listening to Alex Ferguson's autobiography on Audible though, which I'm enjoying.

The only other club I look out for is Forest Green Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They'd have ruined him.

Hard to see Ten Haag lasting much longer.
    Their problems go much deeper than him but he has gone round in circles with his team selections and alienated players, even though he might have had good cause to.

Players paid too much and holding the club to ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I don't ****ing care.
    Same here. Why are we discussing this?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    They'd have ruined him.

Hard to see Ten Haag lasting much longer.
    Their problems go much deeper than him but he has gone round in circles with his team selections and alienated players, even though he might have had good cause to.

Players paid too much and holding the club to ransom.
    I’ve just read a Alex Ferguson autobiography, it was an old one from a charity shop but it was just as he was retiring I think and what was very clear was as soon as a player got to big for his boots, didn’t matter who they were Keane, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy that they were gone. There was a reason Pogba was let go in the same way.

Since he left, they seem to have bought poorly, but also the wrong type of people, also even youth players seem to think they are above it all. They need a huge rebuild and a top manager, although not sure who could turn that mess around.

Ego's amd ex players hurt Utd .

Rashford is very overrated player as Fernandes, there is not a glimmer of talent in tehri midfield whcih should create for others two of the back four could well be winning the Euro for England , Maguire and Shaw are poor because others around then are dire .

They should fire sell the lot , and start again as they did after Munich and relegation .

Madrid played a blinder last year in selling a 30 year old Casemiro to Man Utd for £70m, in order to (partially) fund the purchase of Bellingham.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve just read a Alex Ferguson autobiography, it was an old one from a charity shop but it was just as he was retiring I think and what was very clear was as soon as a player got to big for his boots, didn’t matter who they were Keane, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy that they were gone. There was a reason Pogba was let go in the same way.

Since he left, they seem to have bought poorly, but also the wrong type of people, also even youth players seem to think they are above it all. They need a huge rebuild and a top manager, although not sure who could turn that mess around.
    I thought that Ferguson left a team already in decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought that Ferguson left a team already in decline.
    Yeah agreed, I’m not sure if he had left or not at the time of the book but he named the players to take them forward and none of them were up to it. But the book (his book) also highlighted how he could rebuild and was ruthless with those not up to it. I think they won the league when he retired so Moyes had plenty to build on.