+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It was Football or Nothing

It was Football or Nothing

says Ollie Tanner during his interview with the central club pod cast

to be fully aired tomorrow at 12

Re: It was Football or Nothing

seems to be saying the right things !

After a good start, he seems to be going backwards a bit. Perhaps this is Bulut's emphasis on him getting back to defend, but he doesn't seem to be as much of a shining light as he was. When Colwill comes on, they seem to 'click', but that doesn't happen enough, and certainly it's always too late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    After a good start, he seems to be going backwards a bit. Perhaps this is Bulut's emphasis on him getting back to defend, but he doesn't seem to be as much of a shining light as he was. When Colwill comes on, they seem to 'click', but that doesn't happen enough, and certainly it's always too late in the game.
    Sides know what to expect from him now, but I agree - apart from the Norwich match, I think he’s stuck well to his defensive duties and he’s not hurting opposing defences as much as he was doing at the start of the season.

He is still plying his trade.

Certainly wasn't very effective when he started the other week but I have faith he'll come good.

He still has plenty of brownie points left after "that" goal.

He is a player who gets the ball and attacks players, thats what the fans want to see, who wants to see him tracking back and supporters the RB, going forward is what we want to see

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    He is a player who gets the ball and attacks players, thats what the fans want to see, who wants to see him tracking back and supporters the RB, going forward is what we want to see
    Not sure it’s what his manager wants to see though - as I mentioned ,last week, it was Tanner’s goals and attacking play in pre season which influenced our manager’s decision to make a York reject into a first team squad member, but they’ve almost been shelved now as he becomes an extra defender.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure it’s what his manager wants to see though - as I mentioned ,last week, it was Tanner’s goals and attacking play in pre season which influenced our manager’s decision to make a York reject into a first team squad member, but they’ve almost been shelved now as he becomes an extra defender.
    At least our ultra defensive tactics of late have seen us give rip-roaring performances with lots of goals to send us flying up the table.....

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sides know what to expect from him now, but I agree - apart from the Norwich match, I think he’s stuck well to his defensive duties and he’s not hurting opposing defences as much as he was doing at the start of the season.
    The better teams have sussed us out and learned how to stop us. Bowler is the same, we are stronger down the right so they are doubling up, we need Keiffer, Rambo, and O'Dowda back they can't double up on all four.

Playing without a main striker means that oppostion defenders are free to move out and double up on our wingers. If they had to worry about the likes of Moore (or even Etete), they'd think twice about it.

I think Meite has been playing as a target man type centre forward, it’s just he’s not been much good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    says Ollie Tanner during his interview with the central club pod cast

to be fully aired tomorrow at 12

This guy is such a likeable person and player. Lovely skills. I love the way he is listening, learning and applying himself, to grow as a player. A joy to watch when he comes off the bench, and I loved the way he roasted the Swansea defenders. Plays with a smile on is face and has a personality that reminds a little of Gazza - that little cheek in him. Superb kid.