+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

Re: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

The care from the Welsh NHS and social services for my elderly folks during their final days was absolutely fantastic

Keep the Tories out

Not a fexing thing has been good or worth it.

WAG has no idea how to make Wales an attractive country business would invest in.

All we have are Westminster supplied government type centres.

We need private investment to stop youngsters looking afar for job opportunities.

We have no aspirations.

We are a giant care home.

We do have Wugger, singing and yes the ground breaking 20mph scheme to slow us down even further , and we know how to lockdown and kill off private sector SME'S

What we need is 30 more AM's plus support to continue on the long drain away of taxpayers money.

Develoution is and has been a failure of tax payers money and time, we have gone backwards.

The WDA were far more progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The care from the Welsh NHS and social services for my elderly folks during their final days was absolutely fantastic

Keep the Tories out
    Your very lucky as its on record they do underperform in many areas and folk do die, even with better resourcing and overspend, not helped by Drakefords millions of pounds budget cuts as the health minister of Wales.

But hey we can't see or regonise the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your very lucky as its on record they do underperform in many areas and folk do die, even with better resourcing and overspend, not helped by Drakefords millions of pounds budget cuts as the health minister of Wales.

But hey we can't see or regonise the obvious.
    Underperforming when measured against just three other countries is not perfect but its not bottom of a 100 strong league table

The NHS , across the UK is always under sometimes justified criticism but it appears it was in a better state when labour were running the country nationally

The Tories on here are absolutely deluded if they think a conservative led government in Wales would improve things

They are a bunch of chancers and crooks

Re: What good has Welsh Labour done for us? - perhaps Education ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67616536
    Who will you blame this one on ?

By Bethan Lewis
    BBC Wales education and family correspondent
    Wales' performance has fallen to its lowest level ever in maths, reading and science tests taken by 15-year olds.

In the first international Pisa assessments since Covid, Welsh scores were the lowest of all UK nations and the results gap has widened.

The tests were taken in 81 countries in 2022 and are seen as an important measure of education systems.

Education Minister Jeremy Miles said the pandemic had derailed some improvement in literacy and numeracy.

He said plans had been launched to raise standards.

26 years in power and 100% a devolved power. The education budget has just been cut by Labour at the Senedd after the £900,000,000 overspend
    _131928134_pisamathschart1.jpg

How can anyone defend this?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I'll be surprised if anyone will?

Just watched Jeremy Miles on BBC. Talk about piissing in the wind.

As important as this thread is...and it is..I haven't read any of it, so apologies if I was copied into anything.

I posted it when I was pissed and a tad emotional for a couple of reasons that don't need going into and people shouldn't do that, and I always said I wouldn't. It's a sign that a break from all things social media is needed, so I'm taking a break until the new year.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones.

Bluebirds!

👍

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    As important as this thread is...and it is..I haven't read any of it, so apologies if I was copied into anything.

I posted it when I was pissed and a tad emotional for a couple of reasons that don't need going into and people shouldn't do that, and I always said I wouldn't. It's a sign that a break from all things social media is needed, so I'm taking a break until the new year.

Bluebirds!

��
    Merry Christmas James.

There is a brigade on here who will do their very best, one of them will blame Thatcher.

Underperforming when measured against just three other countries is not perfect but its not bottom of a 100 strong league table

The NHS , across the UK is always under sometimes justified criticism but it appears it was in a better state when labour were running the country nationally

The Tories on here are absolutely deluded if they think a conservative led government in Wales would improve things

They are a bunch of chancers and crooks
    Labour spent like crazy during a boomin economic cycle. When Gordon Brown sold British gold at the bottom of the market and the financial crisis happened. The British public voted Labour out. This happens all the time historically, Labour usually only get in power when the Conservatives sort the economy and there's money to be spent.

Bluebirds!

👍
    Happy Christmas to you!

Bluebirds!

👍
    Don't be daft you soppy tart

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Happy Christmas to you!
    Aye you lot stick together

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Labour spent like crazy during a boomin economic cycle. When Gordon Brown sold British gold at the bottom of the market and the financial crisis happened. The British public voted Labour out. This happens all the time historically, Labour usually only get in power when the Conservatives sort the economy and there's money to be spent.
    Who has been spoon feeding you blue porridge ?

OK

Wales is a poor country , has poor health and education outcomes despite investment

Scotland and Ireland and England also have poor education outcomes but better than Wales

Wales performs better than America

There you go

support for Drakeford /Welsh labour has fallen over the last 3 months according to this report

think the 20mph debacle will prove to be a major issue at the next election for the party

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...mmets-28262230

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    support for Drakeford /Welsh labour has fallen over the last 3 months according to this report

think the 20mph debacle will prove to be a major issue at the next election for the party

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...mmets-28262230
    Most people in Wales vote Labour - so they obviously want and like what they get from Labour. I had a mate of a similar view talking about Thatcher and the mines - he seemed somewhat shocked when it was pointed out to him that Harold Wilson shut twice has many mines than Thatcher did - he had no words after that revelation.
    It was also a shock to him that both Govts stopped the tax payer assistance that was given to the coal board.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Most people in Wales vote Labour - so they obviously want and like what they get from Labour. I had a mate of a similar view talking about Thatcher and the mines - he seemed somewhat shocked when it was pointed out to him that Harold Wilson shut twice has many mines than Thatcher did - he had no words after that revelation.
    It was also a shock to him that both Govts stopped the tax payer assistance that was given to the coal board.
    Granted the lad who wrote it wasn't exactly impartial.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...closed-1844712

Most people in Wales vote Labour - so they obviously want and like what they get from Labour.
    I doubt they do, but it’s better than the alternative. Unless that alternative is independence.

Labour (42%), Conservatives (20%), Plaid Cymru (15%), Lib Dem (7%) and Reform (12%). It's not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Tories.
    re the 20 mph.It's difficult to say the 20 mph has saved a life,because if the accident didn't happen we'll never know.
    I saw a squirrel cross the road ,the woman in front was observing the speed limit.Hence the squirrel lived.
    What if it was a kid crossing the road. if a driver hit your kid ,and was doing 30 in a 20 limit area you'd soon start shouting you've killed
    my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I doubt they do, but it’s better than the alternative. Unless that alternative is independence.
    They obviously do has Labour have been in power for 26 years... so people in Wales must like being thick as the education results tell us, they must like having to wait the longest for cancer treatment and ambulances, the the fact that Labour have somehow over spent 900 millions pounds of the annual budget and have now cut every single dept apart from climate change. We dont need any more roads and are happy about congestion charges, tourist taxes and general anti business policies.

Labour policy appears to be keep them thick so they wont question us - and fair play as a tactic that appears to be working

They obviously do has Labour have been in power for 26 years... so people in Wales must like being thick as the education results tell us, they must like having to wait the longest for cancer treatment and ambulances, the the fact that Labour have somehow over spent 900 millions pounds of the annual budget and have now cut every single dept apart from climate change. We dont need any more roads and are happy about congestion charges, tourist taxes and general anti business policies.

Labour policy appears to be keep them thick so they wont question us - and fair play as a tactic that appears to be working
    Whilst plenty of mistakes have been made by labour and drakeford should have resigned a long time ago I think it's great that it annoys you that they are in power

Whilst plenty of mistakes have been made by labour and drakeford should have resigned a long time ago I think it's great that it annoys you that they are in power
    Nan mate - it doesnt annoy me - that's democracy - something I accept. Pity you cant seem to do the same.

Nan mate - it doesnt annoy me - that's democracy - something I accept. Pity you cant seem to do the same.
    Of course it does

I think it's great