+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

Re: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What is your point?
    My point is that we need to prudently assign resources where needed. Prescribing paracetamol costing a small fortune is not money well spent.

they haven't introduced totally oppressive hate speech laws yet

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not an easy one to answer is it ??

We know of nothing else other than single rule by a single party .

Yes life has changed from the tough Welsh landscape /workplace of the steel / Iron industrial age , into the cosmopolitan better world ,where folk live longer have have more that our parents /grandparents , bugger to do with Labour in Wales though .. Probably served better by Westminster via Thatcher / Blair policy making and changes .. those two changed changed the UK
    So you’re expecting the Welsh Government to change the UK? All you’ve done there is prove how limited the powers given to the WAG are/were - give Wales total independence and then they become fully responsible for what happens in Wales, until then what we’ve got is a kind of half way house with the UK Government still making so many of the major decisions.

import loads of doctors

What good the Welsh Labour government has done is keep the tories out of power

I will vote for that

they have saved us from ourselves by increasing alcohol tax

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    My point is that we need to prudently assign resources where needed. Prescribing paracetamol costing a small fortune is not money well spent.
    Talking about doctors doing people's shopping was rather silly though wasn't it.

And don't forget, while one packet of 16 paracetamol is cheap someone on the maximum dose of 8 tablets in 24 hours would need 15 packets per month. They are around 40p a box in Tesco's which works out at £6.00 for the month,probably at least a pound more if there is no major supermarket nearby. And that can be a lot for a pensioner who just gets basic state pension or a disabled person relying on state benefits.

And of course they would need to go to the shop about 7 times in the month to get the tablets which can be difficult for someone with limited mobility which many who needed so many painkillers would often be.

A chemist would usually deliver to someone with such problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The care from the Welsh NHS and social services for my elderly folks during their final days was absolutely fantastic

Keep the Tories out
    My late wife and I have have seen some really good work from health and social services.

But in my wife's case I have also seen too much poot practice,some sadly during her last illness which has caused us much distress.

And that is not a party political point, just poor practice by doctors and the trust.

It is not all bloody politics Sludge.

they have slowed us down so we can enjoy the glorious vista of ely council estates for a 1/3 longer