+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Repertoire Needed

New Repertoire Needed

It has been said many times on here before but we’re desperate for a few new chants/songs. Bit ironic yesterday goading the Southampton fans with ‘You’ve only got one song’ before launching into the shite ‘Oh England etc etc’ for the umpteenth time. One fan was trying something new behind me though, bellowing out ‘Play up Pompey’, Pompey play up repeatedly throughout the second half ‘Just like Cardiff, your city is blue’ did have an airing but a bit weird in a one club city.

I know we had bugger all to crow about yesterday but I do miss the clever gallows humour that seemed to be about in the dark, dungeon days.

Poor day all around really, roll on Saturday for another airing of ‘England run from Russia’

Re: New Repertoire Needed

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just like Cardiff, your city is blue’ did have an airing but a bit weird in a one club city.
    Ffs

Bring back Kay-Orr-Diff

I know it's probably cheesy, but I liked their chant where the right side of the stadium said something then the left side repeated

Is there anything worse than the 'city till I die' chant? Only ever gets sung when we're losing, like some sort of weird flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Bring back Kay-Orr-Diff
    It’s too orangey for crows.

A few of us tried to get the old ‘Oh when the blues go steaming in’ going in but of course most of our fans prefer to knock England or Swansea rather than support the City

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

We’re the grange end, we’re the grange end, we’re the grange end over here.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    The home atmosphere was how it should be yesterday, helped by the proximity to us. Also helped by two early goals as well

We’re hospitality, we’re hospitality, we’re hospitality up by yer

I guess regular chants alleging that their manager was a paedophile could be considered novel if they weren't so distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I guess regular chants alleging that their manager was a paedophile could be considered novel if they weren't so distasteful.
    We do seem to have fans who seem to be fixated with child abuse…..should we be concerned?

We're the bob bank, We're the bob bank, We're the bob bank over 'ere...

I agree with all of this. The singing at Southampton was poor, though to be fair we were two-down and playing shite football. But the chanting at home matches is dire. The game v West Brom recently was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A few of us tried to get the old ‘Oh when the blues go steaming in’ going in but of course most of our fans prefer to knock England or Swansea rather than support the City
    Did Russell Martin get any stick from us?
    (it wouldn't surprise me)

I ask because someone I know was incensed that after the game saying he was goading our fans.

If our boys were dishing it out then one might think fair enough but he seemed to think it could easily have got ugly.
    Did you see anything or get that feeling?

Martin did make a couple of small gestures, as he walked across the pitch to salute his own fans. He seemed to showing his four fingers, and laughing - no doubt a reference to the double-double, or whatever it is they call it. But this was after the game. City fans had been singing about him for most of the match, mainly the old 'sex offender' chant. So I guess you can understand his merriment.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Did Russell Martin get any stick from us?
    (it wouldn't surprise me)

I ask because someone I know was incensed that after the game saying he was goading our fans.

If our boys were dishing it out then one might think fair enough but he seemed to think it could easily have got ugly.
    Did you see anything or get that feeling?
    A couple of songs sang at him. Usual silly stuff. He had the last laugh though.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Martin did make a couple of small gestures, as he walked across the pitch to salute his own fans. He seemed to showing his four fingers, and laughing - no doubt a reference to the double-double, or whatever it is they call it. But this was after the game. City fans had been singing about him for most of the match, mainly the old 'sex offender' chant. So I guess you can understand his merriment.
    He gave four fingers to our lot for the four wins he had, and did the 'swim away' for old times sake. He reckoned he got 90 minutes of abuse and was due his ten seconds of giving it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Dislikeable sort of chap isn't he

I agree with all of this. The singing at Southampton was poor, though to be fair we were two-down and playing shite football. But the chanting at home matches is dire. The game v West Brom recently was embarrassing.
    Normally the atmosphere at away games is very good.

Yesterday it was unusually poor and for the entire game, for the exact reasons that you mention above - the team didn’t provided one reason for anyone to get excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Normally the atmosphere at away games is very good.

Yesterday it was unusually poor and for the entire game, for the exact reasons that you mention above - the team didn’t provided one reason for anyone to get excited.
    I think we're fine. We make noise when we want to make noise. Not like the contrived nursery school nonsense in German football (starting to be imitated at Palace/Arsenal etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I love it when players or managers give some back.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I think we're fine. We make noise when we want to make noise. Not like the contrived nursery school nonsense in German football (starting to be imitated at Palace/Arsenal etc.).
    Yes good point.

I find those Holmesdale ‘Ultras’ rather embarrassing and the less said about Arsenal ‘fans’ the better!

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Dislikeable sort of chap isn't he
    Wants to join the knob list with Trundle and Tate, I guess?

I see McBurnie let his team down on Saturday too, what an idiot.