+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hall doesn't want his Oates anymore.

Hall doesn't want his Oates anymore.

Hall & Oates’ Restraining Order Mystery Solved: Daryl Hall Wants to Block John Oates From Selling His Share of Their Joint Venture to Primary Wave.
    I thought for a long time they were way past their sell by date.

Re: Hall doesn't want his Oates anymore.

Great moustaches

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Hall & Oates’ Restraining Order Mystery Solved: Daryl Hall Wants to Block John Oates From Selling His Share of Their Joint Venture to Primary Wave.
    I thought for a long time they were way past their sell by date.
    Darryl's House in an enjoyable musical series whereby he plays with musical guests in the eponymous dwelling. Worth a watch (or even a small clock).

I can’t go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I can’t go for that.
    No can do

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Darryl's House in an enjoyable musical series whereby he plays with musical guests in the eponymous dwelling. Worth a watch (or even a small clock).
    To mention a comment from an earlier post ... Daryl Hall is certainly NOT past his sell-by date. His musical meeting, on, 'Daryl's House,' with Robert Fripp is excellent. The music starts one minute in.

https://youtu.be/kkb783rNjO0?si=A1fr4aAKHhfTuoyW

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    To mention a comment from an earlier post ... Daryl Hall is certainly NOT past his sell-by date. His musical meeting, on, 'Daryl's House,' with Robert Fripp is excellent. The music starts one minute in.

StT.
    <><
    Live at Daryls House is a must watch for anyone, regardless of what type of music you like. The current one I watched is Blackberry Smoke (a new one on me) and Lisa Loeb.

if Oates wants to sell out - I dont blame Hall for telling where to stick it. They were a 50/50 partnership - I dont think you can sell 50% of a business - without the consent of the other - or is that not the case ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Live at Daryls House is a must watch for anyone, regardless of what type of music you like. The current one I watched is Blackberry Smoke (a new one on me) and Lisa Loeb.

if Oates wants to sell out - I dont blame Hall for telling where to stick it. They were a 50/50 partnership - I dont think you can sell 50% of a business - without the consent of the other - or is that not the case ?
    Were they actually a 50/50 business partnership regarding publishing rights? Hall was credited for writing more of their songs than Oates.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    It was a joke.Oats sell by date.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Were they actually a 50/50 business partnership regarding publishing rights? Hall was credited for writing more of their songs than Oates.
    Not sure - but they have been / were mates from College days. So presumed the final recording is usually with the 2 of them on the record - so 50/50. Oates has also been on live at Daryl's House. Shame it's come to this though.
    The Hall and Oates songs on his show sound better than the synth pop type arrangements they need in the 80s/90s

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Not sure - but they have been / were mates from College days. So presumed the final recording is usually with the 2 of them on the record - so 50/50. Oates has also been on live at Daryl's House. Shame it's come to this though.
    The Hall and Oates songs on his show sound better than the synth pop type arrangements they need in the 80s/90s
    A 50/50 split cannot be assumed. Master royalties and publisher royalties are different beasts and the latter especially may not necessarily shared equally where one individual is the main writer. Some bands (including Queen and Coldplay, I believe) ignore that aspect but it cant be assumed that the sum total is an automatic equal split where a band is concerned. I also believe that in the case of the Eagles that some members of the band became more like hired hands as time went on - and which would probably affected both types of royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    It was a joke.Oats sell by date.
    Ah, 'Oates!' (oats). I got it after the prompt. You are one sharp fella, dandy.

https://youtu.be/0nJKLFt9pPo?feature=shared

StT.
    <><

https://youtu.be/si03zdG6Twk?si=BsBekF2dHWEj4oN_

At their best, they were half decent. Great lyrics in this one.