+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV Licence

TV Licence

is it value for money ?

seems to be a hot potato this morning going up £1.19 per week

slippery rishi trying to stop the increase .

no doubt trying to get on the publics side ahead of election next year

I notice lots pf people saying should be paid by prescriptions rather than a flat rate every year

Re: TV Licence

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    is it value for money ?

I notice lots pf people saying should be paid by prescriptions rather than a flat rate every year
    Thread on main board but I think it's OK

I can't stand all the sky nonsense apart from sky news

is it value for money ?

From Dr Who?

More like £1.19 a month I think, not per week.

is it value for money ?

Alexa play GB News, sorted 👍
    Currently a decent debate with a lefty and a righty on at the moment and with the lovely DEWBS playing moderator.

It's the only channel where even debate can be found.

No need to listen to fake nooooooooze

is it value for money ?

I think that it's great value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that it's great value for money.
    I would be happy to pay another £1 or so per month. Final figure to be announced as there is some debate about what rate of inflation should be applied. I believe it's to be an average figure for the year, so about 5.5% or so.

Like everything of value culturally, Tories want to trash it. They hate quality to the masses. They hate impartial news as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Like everything of value culturally, Tories want to trash it. They hate quality to the masses. They hate impartial news as well.
    The BBC hasn’t been impartial for at least the last two decades. In their defence neither has any other credible sources

The donors the BBC has had probably explains why this is the case and why it’s losing ~ 50,000 punters per month

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The BBC hasn’t been impartial for at least the last two decades. In their defence neither has any other credible sources

The donors the BBC has had probably explains why this is the case and why it’s losing ~ 50,000 punters per month
    This is the BBC who peddle climate change continually and build their headquarters in the middle of a city and all the see O two that went with it, and will follow daily with their staff smoozing into town every day, ample opportunity to keep out of the center and look for staff north of castle coch to keep commuting to a minimal, just continuous hypocrisy from them.

Talk TV

GB News

Fecking right wing trash

Absoloute rubbish with a right wing agenda

Look at the presenters , look at the studio guests , listen to the idiots that call

Angry daily mail types , 24 hrs a day

It's risible

The BBC is far from perfect but by God its better than all that nonsense

You realise that two of the recent political editors of the BBC were raving Tories?

You realise that the two big management chiefs , right at the top recently were conservatives ?

One was a tory local counsellor or if he wasn't he certainly stood for election

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Well the twats have privatised and sold everything else off so why not sink the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You realise that two of the recent political editors of the BBC were raving Tories?

You realise that the two big management chiefs , right at the top recently were conservatives ?

One was a tory local counsellor or if he wasn't he certainly stood for election
    So does Bill Gates convenient and who funds Bill Gates

So does Bill Gates convenient and who funds Bill Gates
    Never mind him

The BBC impartiality is the question you raised

Never mind him

The BBC impartiality is the question you raised
    Question time - pre scripted

The corporation lacks impartial and objective journalism are regularly made by observers on both the left and the right of the political spectrum.

Another key area of criticism is the mandatory licence fee, as commercial competitors argue that means of financing to be unfair and to result in limiting their ability to compete with the BBC.

Also, accusations of waste or over-staffing occasionally prompt comments from politicians and the other media.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic...nal%20capacity.

BBC news - pre scripted programmes

BBC did for Corbyn , hardly impartial

Also the public appear to mirror this losing ~ 75,000 customers per month
    https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/bbc-ho...ed-tv-licence/

Question time - pre scripted

The corporation lacks impartial and objective journalism are regularly made by observers on both the left and the right of the political spectrum.

Another key area of criticism is the mandatory licence fee, as commercial competitors argue that means of financing to be unfair and to result in limiting their ability to compete with the BBC.

Also, accusations of waste or over-staffing occasionally prompt comments from politicians and the other media.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic...nal%20capacity.

BBC news - pre scripted programmes

BBC did for Corbyn , hardly impartial

Also the public appear to mirror this losing ~ 75,000 customers per month
    https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/bbc-ho...ed-tv-licence/
    Question Time is utter crap but the pre rigged questions apply to all the panel

If those on the left and right complain the BBC is biased against them then there is your answer

Laura Kuenssberg.........is a conservative , from a conservative background and is the BBC political editor

If those on the left and right complain the BBC is biased against them then there is your answer

Laura Kuenssberg.........is a conservative , from a conservative background and is the BBC political editor
    So, you’re agreeing that it’s not fair and impartial.

She had to have security protection during the 2017 election due to online abuse from Corbyn supporters, she was also getting it in the neck from Conservative and UKIP supporters. I guess if that is the case - she is impartial and asking very awkward questions.

I don't watch QT very often as I find that the contributions from the panel tend to be predictable and disingenuous in many cases.
    However, having been in the audience on two occasions I have to say that the panel are not forewarned of all the questions. Certain questions submitted by the audience in advance are chosen (and which predominantly include germane issues of the day and which would be folly to omit) but the questions gleaned from people raising their hands are random. It's a brilliantly produced programme which is broadcast around the time when much of audience is just getting home and it's hardly edited. To be honest, I couldn't find any evidence of editing regarding the two episodes I attended.

Talk TV

GB News

Fecking right wing trash

Absoloute rubbish with a right wing agenda

Look at the presenters , look at the studio guests , listen to the idiots that call

Angry daily mail types , 24 hrs a day

It's risible

The BBC is far from perfect but by God its better than all that nonsense
    You do realise that the BBC should represent the views of all British and not just the left?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    More like £1.19 a month I think, not per week.
    The Beeb license is over £150 a year

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    You do realise that the BBC should represent the views of all British and not just the left?
    If I was in charge it wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't watch QT very often as I find that the contributions from the panel tend to be predictable and disingenuous in many cases.
    However, having been in the audience on two occasions I have to say that the panel are not forewarned of all the questions. Certain questions submitted by the audience in advance are chosen (and which predominantly include germane issues of the day and which would be folly to omit) but the questions gleaned from people raising their hands are random. It's a brilliantly produced programme which is broadcast around the time when much of audience is just getting home and it's hardly edited. To be honest, I couldn't find any evidence of editing regarding the two episodes I attended.
    I have stopped watching it full stop

Ester Mcvey was so bad I couldn't put myself through it

If I was in charge it wouldn't
    I bet you'd be a right dictator, re-open the gulags commerade Sludge is in charge.