+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV Licence

Re: TV Licence

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    So, you’re agreeing that it’s not fair and impartial.
    You are attacking the BBC, as are the rest on here , from a right wing tory point of view

So you lot clearly think the BBC is anti tory

FYI there are plenty of left wing voters who think the BBC is pro tory

So it's quits then , obviously

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    I bet you'd be a right dictator, re-open the gulags commerade Sludge is in charge.
    Absolutely

You would be in siberia

Anyone who claims the BBC is not impartial and then cites Newsnight as an example says it all really. Yet more confirmation bias in action.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Anyone who claims the BBC is not impartial and then cites Newsnight as an example says it all really. Yet more confirmation bias in action.
    The BBC completely lost the plot over Brexit, presenters like Victoria Derbyshire were platforming daily, anyone who pushed for a second referendum. Her reward? A job as anchor on Newsnight. Replacing Emily Maitlis who is as left as they come

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Erm , that’s was an example for the ease of debate, now , for reference if one listed every example of impartial reporting then we could be here a little longer that, a few days perhaps. For ease , a wiki link was added as a starting point.

It may be useful if you referenced it and then used the information as a starting point. Perhaps then you could comment and why you don’t agree with the statement and why the BBC is losing ~75,000 customers a month.

Erm , that’s was an example for the ease of debate, now , for reference if one listed every example of impartial reporting then we could be here a little longer that, a few days perhaps. For ease , a wiki link was added as a starting point.

It may be useful if you referenced it and then used the information as a starting point. Perhaps then you could comment and why you don’t agree with the statement and why the BBC is losing ~75,000 customers a month.
    What evidence is there regarding the loss of viewers being down to political bias as opposed to other factors such as diversity of choice etc?

If the Tories continue to make arses of themselves - Brexit, Boris, Partygate, Matt Hancock, Liz Truss & the mini budget, immigration policy and Rwanda, musical chairs in the cabinet and the deep divisions within the party (I could go on), then the BBC have no choice but to report on them and come across like they’re biased when they’re not. They’re just reporting on facts. When Labour win the next election it will be their turn to be in the spotlight and before long the lefties will start making the same claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What evidence is there regarding the loss of viewers being down to political bias as opposed to other factors such as diversity of choice etc?
    There is plenty of evidence, however, there are also other mitigations to consider as well, either way, any other business that has cancellations circa 75,000 customers per month suggests that the model is not sustainable in its current form.

There is plenty of evidence, however, there are also other mitigations to consider as well, either way, any other business that has cancellations circa 75,000 customers per month suggests that the model is not sustainable in its current form.
    What evidence? What evidence that 'political bias' is the reason for loss of BBC viewers?

FWIW I think the BBC is biased and is not neutral. It has always been that way. It favours the political and business establishment. It rarely reflects the views and priorities of trades unions, gig workers, people dependent on benefits, immigrants or sections of society that are not represented or championed by those in power. It takes its news agenda from the Tory print media.

That is why it tends towards the government of the day - with its hands on the corporation purse strings - unless that government has completely lost the plot (like this one!).

But I have seen no hard evidence that 'political bias' is the reason for reduced viewers. Anecdotal stuff, yes - with fans of Brexit, Trump and Rwanda spluttering over their Daily Telegraph - but nothing that stands up as evidence. If there is plenty - what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What evidence? What evidence that 'political bias' is the reason for loss of BBC viewers?

FWIW I think the BBC is biased and is not neutral. It has always been that way. It favours the political and business establishment. It rarely reflects the views and priorities of trades unions, gig workers, people dependent on benefits, immigrants or sections of society that are not represented or championed by those in power. It takes its news agenda from the Tory print media.

That is why it tends towards the government of the day - with its hands on the corporation purse strings - unless that government has completely lost the plot (like this one!).

But I have seen no hard evidence that 'political bias' is the reason for reduced viewers. Anecdotal stuff, yes - with fans of Brexit, Trump and Rwanda spluttering over their Daily Telegraph - but nothing that stands up as evidence. If there is plenty - what is it?

There is a wiki link that will signpost you to the evidence. Why do you think the corporation is losing 75,000 license fee payers per month? Cost

There is a wiki link that will signpost you to the evidence. Why do you think the corporation is losing 75,000 license fee payers per month? Cost
    Where is the link that signposts to evidence? I would be happy to read access that evidence direct.

Where is the link that signposts to evidence? I would be happy to read access that evidence direct.

I’m sure five minutes of research would clarify the position for you, although as I’ve said , there are other mitigations that would suggest that the current model is unsuitable.

Hope that helps

I’m sure five minutes of research would clarify the position for you, although as I’ve said , there are other mitigations that would suggest that the current model is unsuitable.

Hope that helps
    Laughable and predictable reply from you: You have evidence to back up an assertion you made and when asked to link to it you suggest others find it themselves.
    Same old, same old.

Laughable and predictable reply from you: You have evidence to back up an assertion you made and when asked to link to it you suggest others find it themselves.
    Same old, same old.
    Don’t you think I knew what you were trying to do, hence the reply

An even more laughable post from you in the first place. Do one bra, and while you’re at it there are about a dozen articles on line regarding your “question”

Go figure FFS

this might help genie . clearly a trend looking at that graph

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nel-in-the-uk/

Don’t you think I knew what you were trying to do, hence the reply

An even more laughable post from you in the first place. Do one bra, and while you’re at it there are about a dozen articles on line regarding your “question”

Go figure FFS
    No evidence then. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    this might help genie . clearly a trend looking at that graph

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nel-in-the-uk/
    I quickly accessed that link but didn't come across a statistical breakdown of the specific reasons why people are abandoning the licence fee. Apols if it's there but without my finding it (and my defence would be that I'm decorating at the mo ).
    Personally, I have no 'skin in the game' as it were and will happily accept any reliable source regarding the matter
    I just suspected that you-know-who may have been making things up.

The BBC regularly platforms hard left communists who self identify as communists. Ash Sarkar being a regular on Moral Maze amongst other programmes. They wouldn't dream of platforming the polar opposite of a communist, which would be a Fascist. That's the left wing bias in a nutshell. If the BBC are genuinely platforming genuine Fascists then point me to it. Btw Farage is not a Fascist, he's a free market capitalist.
    I have no evidence for this but i think the BEEB broke trust with the viewer over it's hysterical reaction to brexit and the subsequent, continious, platforming of second referendum advocates during the fall out from Brexit.

I quickly accessed that link but didn't come across a statistical breakdown of the specific reasons why people are abandoning the licence fee. Apols if it's there but without my finding it (and my defence would be that I'm decorating at the mo ).
    Personally, I have no 'skin in the game' as it were and will happily accept any reliable source regarding the matter
    I found this genie from 2021

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-annual-report

Can you read ? I’ve told you there are around ten articles referencing the issue I brought up , if you have time do a bit of research yourself. If you think I’m “making things up” why on earth are you taking the time to reply when you are already busy decorating ?

Why are you focusing on one issue only , when clearly there are many other factors- I think you know the reason and it’s hilarious.

It’s well know the challenges facing the BBC include:

Intense scrutiny for its coverage of Brexit, domestic politics, and more, with frequent allegations of bias. If you require links for the above you lack clear thought and understanding of its broader business model.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Still doesn't offer explanations as to why the numbers are dropping other than:

Mr Davie said the fall in numbers was due to the popularity of alternative methods of viewing programming.

"It's not surprising that when on-demand is burgeoning in the way it is and other services are there, you are going to get some
    marginal erosion of people who are not watching a live stream on television," he said.

Can you read ? I’ve told you there are around ten articles referencing the issue I brought up , if you have time do a bit of research yourself. If you think I’m “making things up” why on earth are you taking the time to reply when you are already busy decorating ?

Why are you focusing on one issue only , when clearly there are many other factors- I think you know the reason and it’s hilarious.

It’s well know the challenges facing the BBC include:

Intense scrutiny for its coverage of Brexit, domestic politics, and more, with frequent allegations of bias. If you require links for the above you lack clear thought and understanding of its broader business model.
    Poor effort at obfuscation. 0/10

Poor effort at obfuscation. 0/10
    Not evasive at all, I just don’t understand why you insist on links to something which is clearly obvious to everyone. Do you live in a cave or something?

The Beeb can't be losing that many fee payers a month. They're crazy figures

I doubt the BBC is losing "viewers", it's losing a lot of "licence fee payers" and the reason is ludicrously simple.

Since the days when the mere possession of a TV meant the licence fee was applicable there is no effective way for the BBC to enforce payment.

I know many people who regularly watch BBC programmes but don't pay the fee because they've self-declared that they don't watch live TV. The chances of them getting caught nowadays is miniscule while in previous times an Enforcement Officer would only have to see a TV through their window to bang them to rights.

Rightly or wrongly the TV licence is just seen by many as an unnecessary expense which can be evaded during tough economic times.

Personally I'd prefer for it to be funded through taxation.