+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC LIcence Fee Hike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC LIcence Fee Hike

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You still have to pay, covers all media, from tv to radio to streaming on your computer.
    The licence fee is to watch (or record) "live" broadcast tv and for access to the BBC i-player. It is not required for any use of radio or using a TV or computer to watch any other service that is not "live".

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    The licence fee is to watch (or record) "live" broadcast tv and for access to the BBC i-player. It is not required for any use of radio or using a TV or computer to watch any other service that is not "live".
    Think you should check it out, who do you think pays for BBC Radio channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Think you should check it out, who do you think pays for BBC Radio channels?
    JPG my apologies you don’t need a licence for radio now,.

Easy fix:

1 - Scrap the license fee

2 - Take the money out of general taxation - last year license fee raised £3.8 billion this is 0.3% of government expenditure annually.

3 - Ring-fence this funding (e.g. 25 years) fix it to inflation, cross-partisan agreement with an independent financial regulator. Now the BBC can reap the benefits of long term certainty and budget planning, outside of party politics.

4 - BBC also benefits from saving a fair bit of its budget in enforcing, administrating and processing the license fee every year for millions of people.

5 - Continue making exceptional world class content in peace.