+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BBC LIcence Fee Hike

Re: BBC LIcence Fee Hike

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am looking to fish the canal up through pontypool to brecon this spring for pike and perch on spinners

Like you I am not a fan of the commercial places where the fish are jumping out of the pond at you

I do a lot of sea fishing these days but a lot of sea anglers are tossers and leave loads of litter unlike coarse anglers who on the whole tend to keep places tidy

An element of cruelty , unintentional , in fishing is unavoidable sadly

Unlike fox hunting which I really can't abide
    I honestly don’t know how fox hunters can enjoy it.
    Love to see them set on by a pack of dogs.

I don’t get dear hunting either.
    Taking enjoyment of killing a beautiful animal just astounds me. At least they usually eat the animals and I understand the argument about culling…I just couldn’t do it!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am looking to fish the canal up through pontypool to brecon this spring for pike and perch on spinners

Like you I am not a fan of the commercial places where the fish are jumping out of the pond at you

I do a lot of sea fishing these days but a lot of sea anglers are tossers and leave loads of litter unlike coarse anglers who on the whole tend to keep places tidy

An element of cruelty , unintentional , in fishing is unavoidable sadly

Unlike fox hunting which I really can't abide
    Nothing in the sea thanks to trawlers

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I honestly don’t know how fox hunters can enjoy it.
    Love to see them set on by a pack of dogs.

I don’t get dear hunting either.
    Taking enjoyment of killing a beautiful animal just astounds me. At least they usually eat the animals and I understand the argument about culling…I just couldn’t do it!
    Most fishermen I know are not that bothered if they don't catch anything and if they do most return their catch to the water. In fact most clubs these days will kick you out if you don't.

The fox hunting crew are not interested in conservation , they just want to hunt and kill wild animals .

It's barbaric and if it's correct that fox numbers are up since the ban on hunting ...even though some hunts still actively kill .....then as far as I am concerned that's great

The Left wing nutter crew are all over the BBC and have infested it now for a few decades. It's like a viper's nest in there. Their news is not even that informing anymore. It is for children. The language is easy and child like. The news has as much as depth as Sludge Factory's brain - just a few lines here and there and that's it! It used to be educational but it is now for the morass of plebs in the country to gawp at. Throw in the daily dose of LBTBQ+A2S XYZRHFKTLKHT or whatever, anti-muslim victimization stories, anti-gay victimization stories, anti-immigrant victimization stories or the usual menu of favourite woke stories such as how Imran came from Syria and transformed the NHS in Bradford, how the Jews are the only evil ones in Gaza, and there you have it. it is hard to understand what is seriously going on in the world that is both important and relevant.

I pop in to read The Guardian or BBC stories on a Friday usually for a laugh, and it is like reading the news equivalent of "My First Colouring Book". I think Blue Peter circa 1988 used to be more educational and intellectually challenging. There you go, there seems to be a mass market demand for low-IQ news, so keep feeding the pork its much deserved pellets I say. Ignorance keeps them happy, and they're happy to pony up the cash for the licence to keep auto-filling their brains with muck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just watched Mortimer and Whitehouse’s Gone Fishing, Christmas Special from 2021.

It was beautiful and only a show that the BBC could make it as it was.

The BBC is something to be proud of and celebrated.
    I do get the criticism, but when it sticks to its remit…there is nothing better!
    Not forgetting Ted the dog of course! Sad that he is no longer around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Not forgetting Ted the dog of course! Sad that he is no longer around.
    He was awesome.
    That underbite :)