+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: swansea manager sacked

Re: swansea manager sacked

A shrewd move by Oprah.

Duff to Swansea always looked a very odd move to me, but, given the jacks nearly always get their managerial appointments right, I assumed they knew something I didn’t. Turns out they didn’t and so Duff becomes the latest victim of the “Swansea Way” syndrome - albeit the results he was getting were as much of an issue as the style of football. You have to wonder what some Swansea fans, and maybe the current Board. want though - Steve Cooper wasn’t good enough for them and many of them were glad to see Russell Martin, who you’d have thought would have been their ideal choice, leave.

Graham Potter? Swansea or Sunderland?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Knowing me ( whoever owns you )

Sacking You Mickey Duff !
    God that's good

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Duff to Swansea always looked a very odd move to me, but, given the jacks nearly always get their managerial appointments right, I assumed they knew something I didn’t. Turns out they didn’t and so Duff becomes the latest victim of the “Swansea Way” syndrome - albeit the results he was getting were as much of an issue as the style of football. You have to wonder what some Swansea fans, and maybe the current Board. want though - Steve Cooper wasn’t good enough for them and many of them were glad to see Russell Martin, who you’d have thought would have been their ideal choice, leave.
    Lord only knows. Fact of the matter is we are still paying the price of Jenkins' foray into playing real life championship manager, so we would need an astute managerial appointment, of which Duff clearly wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Graham Potter? Swansea or Sunderland?
    There's more chance of Harry Potter becoming our manager

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nathan Jones next….

I thought he was doing a great job

International

Fingers crossed this one takes them down they really are on the slide and unlike our owner get no backing from their owners.

Mowbray may be a good fit for them

I hear Gareth Ainsworh is available

He was a dead man walking after his comments regarding the SWD

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Warnock waiting in the wings!
    They're his kind of people.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    The little purple patch from the Sheffield Wednesday game papered over the cracks; they hit the bar at 1 nil and had he not won that game he'd probably have had his marching orders thwny
    What is the “Swansea Way” anyway . Ok it was a style of football that brought them success but most teams play this way these days and total football was first coined with the Dutch in the 70’s.

You would almost think it was them who blueprinted it

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He was a dead man walking after his comments regarding the SWD
    Surprised he held on for so long after that

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What is the “Swansea Way” anyway . Ok it was a style of football that brought them success but most teams play this way these days and total football was first coined with the Dutch in the 70’s.

You would almost think it was them who blueprinted it
    Its a pejorative term really. You could argue that we only really played flowing football under Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and Potter. The rest has been a bit meh. The overarching points for me were no defined style of play, a complete inability to communicate properly, the alleged 1970s training (evidenced by a plethora of soft tissue injuries), the fact that he was commuting from Cheltenham and yes, his comment about the SWD were unacceptable, not just because of the magnitude of the derby but the fact that he was that deluded to talk about promotion, we have a squad nowhere near good enough for promotion!

Lose to Rotherham and it will get well twitchy out west, not sure why though if you look at their history league 1 is their rightful home

International

Its a pejorative term really. You could argue that we only really played flowing football under Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and Potter. The rest has been a bit meh. The overarching points for me were no defined style of play, a complete inability to communicate properly, the alleged 1970s training (evidenced by a plethora of soft tissue injuries), the fact that he was commuting from Cheltenham and yes, his comment about the SWD were unacceptable, not just because of the magnitude of the derby but the fact that he was that deluded to talk about promotion, we have a squad nowhere near good enough for promotion!
    Is your caravan Mountain Ash/Aberdare way?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Lose to Rotherham and it will get well twitchy out west, not sure why though if you look at their history league 1 is their rightful home
    You’re quite correct, I sometimes think that clubs have a few days in the sun but then eventually return to their place in the pecking order and vice versa.

Northampton, Swindon, Reading, Oxford (even the lower Football League is better than their natural home as Headington United), Yeovil (back in non league), Hereford the same, the list goes on. Swansea will level out in the third or fourth tier, their rightful place in the system.

Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Man City, Aston Villa etc have had falls from grace over the seasons but then seem to get back to their natural position.

That’s football, I s ‘pose.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Is your caravan Mountain Ash/Aberdare way?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

I doubt the 70’s training methods would have resulted in more players getting injured though otherwise Barnsley would have been suffering from the same kind of injuries, and from what I’ve heard they were fairly consistent with the playing squad and had the same issues with injuries as other clubs.

If it was a factor though, that’s the fault of the Swansea board.

The Swansea way ….. they are not 1970's St Etienne

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67640074

Tottenham Hotspur have rejected an approach from Swansea City for their senior assistant coach Chris Davies.

Davies is a leading candidate to succeed Michael Duff at the Championship club.

He joined Spurs in the summer as Ange Postecoglou's number two, having spent much of his career working alongside Brendan Rodgers.

Davies, 38, had been close to taking over at Swansea before Duff was appointed head coach in June.

Swansea chairman Andy Coleman is to begin meeting potential bosses this week having drawn up a shortlist of targets.

As disorganised as us then, no particular successor lined up. Sack Duff and then start looking at candidates. Nice to see them with no plan.

Bring back John Bond