+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City Former Player's Association

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City Former Player's Association

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ian Walsh has Prostate Cancer at the moment, but it's been caught early. Good luck to him. I was a schoolboy when he at the club and i can recall his arduous injury problems which eventually finished him as a footballer. I was playing in some game with a mixed age group, it could have been trials or something similar. Walsh turned up with the physio, Jimmy 'The Ice Man' Goodfellow and came on for the last 20 minutes. He was recovering from Injury still, wan't yet fit. I remember Walsh receiving the ball and one of the trialists going straight through the back of him. He was taken off instantly. Even as a young kid i couldn't believe how crazy it was of the club to throw him on in a game like that or even stop the game and brief the opposition. The good old days.....
    That’s so unprofessional of City. Did you listen to Walsh on the Elis James podcast? He said that, in essence, he was finished at 22.

Re: Cardiff City Former Player's Association

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s so unprofessional of City. Did you listen to Walsh on the Elis James podcast? He said that, in essence, he was finished at 22.
    I didn't, but i will. He was a good player, great spring. Graham Moseley blamed City for finishing him off. He played on with a broken wrist after having it assessed at half time by the physio at the time, although i suppose that kind of thing went on loads before proper medical teams and qualified Physiotherapists.