Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Tomlin probably wouldn't have been the player he was if he had been the model professional, Although that's not to say that he wouldn't have played for longer and maybe at a higher level for a while. The bloke was flawed, that's without doubt, but for what he gave me in terms of enjoyment under Harris, who lets be honest produced some of the most basic and rigid football i've seen without it being completely offensive (If Russell Slade had a younger more adventurous Brother -See Harris) Then i forgive his misgivings. Sometimes i think that we can over analyse players, especially those who are gifted, we've all said (insert name) is wasting his talent etc, but maybe that's as good as it was ever going to be with Tomlin, and maybe we should just look back with fond memories and some fantastic moments watching a player who wasn't an athlete, but a fantastic footballer who could do things that other players couldn't dream of doing. And who arguably possessed (Along with Whitts) incredible vision, even better than Whitts in tight situatiions.

Embrace the brilliance, Don't be angry, we witnessed some incredible moments of skill from Tomlin.
Well said Tuerto!