Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Lee Tomlin

Good interview in WOL:
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...truth-28237913

Not fond of Warnock
    Liked it with Harris
    REALLY not impressed with McCarthy.....

Good to know he's with Leicester learning his coaching.

Re: Lee Tomlin

Forget his off the field troubles and weight issues

A naturally gifted footballer

An enigma like Stan Bowles or Frank Worthington

Shame he never hit the heights

International

He had a lot in common with Trundle!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He had a lot in common with Trundle!
    My God with his well documented demons you’ve cruelly saddłed him with this

I was always disappointed when he wasn’t playing, because he was one of the few players who could open opposition defences. MM comes over as a really w….r, but there’s always two sides to a story.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My God with his well documented demons you’ve cruelly saddłed him with this
    true that was harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Good interview in WOL:
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...truth-28237913

Not fond of Warnock
    Liked it with Harris
    REALLY not impressed with McCarthy.....

Good to know he's with Leicester learning his coaching.
    Would be interesting what Warnock and McCarthy thought of Tomlin retrospectively.

Pathetic if he had anything about him he'd had delivered more for us on the field not moan about managers who basically wanted more effort and better fitness.

He's no Bluebird in my book , just a man with his own selfish indulgences and no backbone.

At least the managers have the decency to keep thier council on the lazy individual.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Pathetic if he had anything about him he'd had delivered more for us on the field not moan about managers who basically wanted more effort and better fitness.

He's no Bluebird in my book , just a man with his own selfish indulgences and no backbone.

At least the managers have the decency to keep thier council on the lazy individual.
    Agree with this in the main.

He had that spell where he was outstanding and virtually dragged us into the playoffs on his own.
    He had a lot of quality in a workmanlike team and as soon as he got injured in the playoff game we all knew what the outcome would be.

His problem was his inconsistency which seemed to be down to his fitness and alleged unwillingness to get himself in shape.

He was too much of a luxury player and could get away with it in the side if others were willing to put his work in for him.

I can't argue with that.

lol typical on this forum. This guy showed up in pretty much every game he was picked and gave us something to be excited for. Yet typical small forum vibes of "OMG HE FAT HE MUST DO MORE". Who gives a shit about his fitness if he is performing better than your typical marathon runners who contribute next to nothing that most on here seem to go weak at the knees for

Have you read the article ? Accepts his own short comings at various points

One of the best players I’ve watched for the city when he was on it for that six month spell. A shame we didn’t get longer, partly down to him as he admits.

McCarthy comes across a right pr!ck which is no surprise

Tomlin probably wouldn't have been the player he was if he had been the model professional, Although that's not to say that he wouldn't have played for longer and maybe at a higher level for a while. The bloke was flawed, that's without doubt, but for what he gave me in terms of enjoyment under Harris, who lets be honest produced some of the most basic and rigid football i've seen without it being completely offensive (If Russell Slade had a younger more adventurous Brother -See Harris) Then i forgive his misgivings. Sometimes i think that we can over analyse players, especially those who are gifted, we've all said (insert name) is wasting his talent etc, but maybe that's as good as it was ever going to be with Tomlin, and maybe we should just look back with fond memories and some fantastic moments watching a player who wasn't an athlete, but a fantastic footballer who could do things that other players couldn't dream of doing. And who arguably possessed (Along with Whitts) incredible vision, even better than Whitts in tight situatiions.

Embrace the brilliance, Don't be angry, we witnessed some incredible moments of skill from Tomlin.

Great player great talent but not much use when you are 3 stone over weight and puffing after 5 minutes.
    He could have been so much better than he was, hope he doesnt F up his next career as much as he did his last

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    lol typical on this forum. This guy showed up in pretty much every game he was picked and gave us something to be excited for. Yet typical small forum vibes of "OMG HE FAT HE MUST DO MORE". Who gives a shit about his fitness if he is performing better than your typical marathon runners who contribute next to nothing that most on here seem to go weak at the knees for
    He played 51 games in 4 years for us.

There has to be a reason for that…….

That back heel flick on

Tremendous and unplayable on his day

Possibly the most creatively gifted footballer I’ve seen at city. But his talent is all he had.

The things which make the greats truly great; Discipline, win at all costs, cover every blade of grass until your legs give out, never give up - he had none of these traits.

But if he did he would be an international footballer for a top 4 team I guess and. It playing for the likes of us.

https://youtu.be/9XhIk6bsFww?si=fFtxb4995LoRL1oy

Sublime skills

If Maradona did that people would have kittens

Won’t see footballers like him in 10 years

It is robotic fitness freaks that do not give the ball away that managers want now, look at Grealish under Pep. Gone from one of the most exciting players to watch at villa to a robot told not to lose the ball at any time, draw fouls and keep it moving. The game is on its arse !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    https://youtu.be/9XhIk6bsFww?si=fFtxb4995LoRL1oy

Sublime skills

If Maradona did that people would have kittens
    couldnt agree more - what an outrageous backheel!

With his ability, Tomlin would never have come close to being a City player without his flaws. Two of the three managers he had at Cardiff clearly didn't fancy him, that would, surely, have something to do with why he played so few games for us - still not sure why Warnock signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With his ability, Tomlin would never have come close to being a City player without his flaws. Two of the three managers he had at Cardiff clearly didn't fancy him, that would, surely, have something to do with why he played so few games for us - still not sure why Warnock signed him.
    You could say the same about a number of Warnock signings, Bobby Reid was another strange signing, as he was never going to fit into a Warnock system

That's never a pelanty outrageous

Backheel was sublime and his goal none too shabby either

Football would be bloody boring without a few Tomlin's here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tomlin probably wouldn't have been the player he was if he had been the model professional, Although that's not to say that he wouldn't have played for longer and maybe at a higher level for a while. The bloke was flawed, that's without doubt, but for what he gave me in terms of enjoyment under Harris, who lets be honest produced some of the most basic and rigid football i've seen without it being completely offensive (If Russell Slade had a younger more adventurous Brother -See Harris) Then i forgive his misgivings. Sometimes i think that we can over analyse players, especially those who are gifted, we've all said (insert name) is wasting his talent etc, but maybe that's as good as it was ever going to be with Tomlin, and maybe we should just look back with fond memories and some fantastic moments watching a player who wasn't an athlete, but a fantastic footballer who could do things that other players couldn't dream of doing. And who arguably possessed (Along with Whitts) incredible vision, even better than Whitts in tight situatiions.

Embrace the brilliance, Don't be angry, we witnessed some incredible moments of skill from Tomlin.
    Well said Tuerto!