+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 MILLWALL. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 MILLWALL. Match thread

Awful game but one of those where whoever scores first wins.

Similar to WBA game but maybe worse depsite the 3 points Loved the Colwill & Etete minutes anyway.

A win is a win and an ugly win is a vital component to a top 6 finish!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_emu View Post
    Awful game but one of those where whoever scores first wins.

Similar to WBA game but maybe worse depsite the 3 points Loved the Colwill & Etete minutes anyway.

A win is a win and an ugly win is a vital component to a top 6 finish!
    I get the feeling that if we finish in the top 6 at the end of the season it'll be the ugliest way we've done it in the last 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I get the feeling that if we finish in the top 6 at the end of the season it'll be the ugliest way we've done it in the last 15 years.
    If we finish in the top six we should be giving bulut the freedom of Cardiff not worrying about what the football is like

We could be Sheffield Wednesday cut adrift

Unless we make some absolutely superb signings in January, there's no way we're going to be finishing in the top six if the Championship is really as strong as most claim it is this year.

With that in mind, you've got to say that Bulut is doing a fine job to get us into a position where we can talk about the possibility of us finishing in the Play Off positions. I still find it disappointing though that, having taken steps to address last season's lack of goals by recruiting Grant, Meite, Bowler and Ugbo and added Tanner to the squad, we can sill look as toothless and limited going forward as we did in the first half especially yesterday. Obviously, having Ramsey fit and available would help in this direction, but the truth is that our goalscoring record is an improvement on last year only because we've rediscovered how to score from set pieces - we may not be the lone ball outfit we were a few seasons back, but we're still as limited when it comes to attacking technique and creativity as we were back then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Unless we make some absolutely superb signings in January, there's no way we're going to be finishing in the top six if the Championship is really as strong as most claim it is this year.

With that in mind, you've got to say that Bulut is doing a fine job to get us into a position where we can talk about the possibility of us finishing in the Play Off positions. I still find it disappointing though that, having taken steps to address last season's lack of goals by recruiting Grant, Meite, Bowler and Ugbo and added Tanner to the squad, we can sill look as toothless and limited going forward as we did in the first half especially yesterday. Obviously, having Ramsey fit and available would help in this direction, but the truth is that our goalscoring record is an improvement on last year only because we've rediscovered how to score from set pieces - we may not be the lone ball outfit we were a few seasons back, but we're still as limited when it comes to attacking technique and creativity as we were back then.
    Having a settled back four has been our mainstay this season. Siopis added a spark to midfield but I've said before he's getting little help nowadays and seems to be running out of steam, and yes, we don't have a true, recognised goalscorer. We need signings that lift the game[s] of the players around them. Excluding goalkeeper, at any one time we probably have 6 average players on the pitch and 4 half-decent ones, which tend to negate the effect the better players can have on the game. Swing that to 4/6 or even 3/7, then the side as a whole performs with the 'weaker' players having decent players around them. It's not rocket science, but 3 or 4 signing of the same as we have now will be a wasted opportunity..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not sure on that Malkys promotion was pretty dire despite the spending spree.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not sure on that Malkys promotion was pretty dire despite the spending spree.
    We were top since November, won it by 8 pts and had a goal difference of +27. Hardly, 'ugly.' His net outlay was just £12m.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we finish in the top six we should be giving bulut the freedom of Cardiff not worrying about what the football is like

We could be Sheffield Wednesday cut adrift
    Wednesday are not cut off as they were. Last three games they are unbeaten after drawing with leaders Leicester and beating Blackburn and Stoke.

Worryingly they are getting better under the new manager ahead of two games against us in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    We were top since November, won it by 8 pts and had a goal difference of +27. Hardly, 'ugly.' His net outlay was just £12m.

StT.
    <><
    Yes I thought we were talking about the quality of football rather than points. The football was woeful.

Just 12m? It was a hell of a lot at the time, promotion was expected no doubt that. He still did the job asked and a brilliant promotion. But still stands for me, poor poor football. Cowie on the wing, long balls to Helguson.

Bite size highlights: (no one deserves to be punished by the extended highlights or the full 90)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Wednesday are not cut off as they were. Last three games they are unbeaten after drawing with leaders Leicester and beating Blackburn and Stoke.

Worryingly they are getting better under the new manager ahead of two games against us in the coming weeks.
    Whilst I want us to stuff them if I had a choice I would rather them in the Championship than not

QPR can naff off