+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runnarson to continue in goal.

Runnarson to continue in goal.

Re: Runnarson to continue in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure how much of a guide this is but Arsenal fans on Twtter/X were glad to see him gone

As normal, won’t load !!!!!

Never want to see a player injured, be he doesn’t fill me with confidence

I was told by a reliable source weeks ago that the loan deal was based on a certain number of appearances, if we don't play him the deal cost a lot more. Additionally, Bulut really wanted him, so perhaps has to play him to save face. Huge mistake, Alnwick is SO much better all-round...

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I was told by a reliable source weeks ago that the loan deal was based on a certain number of appearances, if we don't play him the deal cost a lot more. Additionally, Bulut really wanted him, so perhaps has to play him to save face. Huge mistake, Alnwick is SO much better all-round...
    Bulut explicitly denied that in the press conference - at least according to the Wales Online live blog (not watched it yet).

Q: Not under pressure from Arsenal to play him?

Bulut: "For sure not."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-28246010

It would have been easy to dodge the question, but a straight out denial looks convincing to me.

And you seem to be suggesting there was a loan fee involved (that would be higher if he didn't play a certain number of matches) - when we couldn't pay a loan fee.

Ffs!

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As normal, won’t load !!!!!

Never want to see a player injured, be he doesn’t fill me with confidence
    Bulut: I didn't like Kieffer goal!
    Erol Bulut joked that he didn't like seeing Kieffer Moore scoring for Bournemouth last night – presumably because it might harm City's chances of signing him in January.

The Bluebirds boss has made no secret of his desire to sign the former Cardiff striker, who headed home for the Cherries in their win over Crystal Palace last night. It was his first Premier League goal of the season. Sign up to our Cardiff City newsletter here.

He has been largely surplus to requirement on the south coast, but a few goal contributions leading into January might change Andoni Iraola's mind when it comes to letting him leave in the new year.

When asked if he liked the sight of seeing the Wales striker netting against Palace, Bulut laughed and said: "I didn’t like it!

"I was following the game. He is a good striker. We will try everything possible for January."

Why Runarsson will continue in goal
    Alex Runarsson will continue to start in goal for Cardiff City and has the manager's full backing.

The Icelandic goalkeeper has come in for criticism following an unconvincing three games between the sticks, having replaced Jak Alnwick. But Bulut insists he will persist with the Arsenal loanee and he will start against Millwall this weekend.

"I have heard about it (the criticism from the fans). I am not of that opinion," the Bluebirds boss said.

"Because the last game against Southampton, the two goals we conceded he cannot do anything about. If you want to speak about mistakes, individual things, we can speak about many different things but not Alex Runarsson. He has played the last three games. Against Preston, the goal he conceded, it was a difficult situation. Where the mistake starts and where it ends. We have to see the whole picture. If you focus just on one person I can find you many things to speak about. You have to look at the whole picture.

"I will never say to the press that certain players have made mistakes so we lost. You will never hear this from me. Inside, maybe. I will never say that because of one player we won or lost. We lose together and win together. We are a team and we work together.

"Everyone makes mistakes. Until now, we conceded many goals, so who do I have to blame for this? And then every week I have to speak about different players - so then I don’t have a team!"

When asked how the criticism had affected Runarsson, Bulut added: "Football players, they look at social media. When I get it (criticism), he gets it too. We support him, like I support all my players. Even Jak, I supported him. He has played great games for us, but he lost a bit of confidence after Watford. He is a great guy. We have two good goalkeepers. I will continue with Alex, there will come a day where we continue with Jak. We need to support our team-mates."

Bulut insisted he was under no pressure from Arsenal to play the goalkeeper.

WHATSAPP: For the latest Bluebirds stories delivered straight to your phone, join the Cardiff City WhatsApp here

Harris appointed Cambridge boss

Cambridge have appointed former Cardiff boss Neil Harris as their new first team head coach.

The 46-year-old ex-striker, who started his career at Cambridge City, has signed an 18-month contract to replace the sacked Mark Bonner. Cambridge are 18th in League One, four points above the relegation zone, after only one win in 13 matches.

Harris told Cambridge's official website: "I am super excited and really pleased to be here. It's a brilliant project in motion here and I just want to come and add some value to that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bulut explicitly denied that in the press conference - at least according to the Wales Online live blog (not watched it yet).

It would have been easy to dodge the question, but a straight out denial looks convincing to me.

And you seem to be suggesting there was a loan fee involved (that would be higher if he didn't play a certain number of matches) - when we couldn't pay a loan fee.
    Of course that's made up nonsense because some people don't like him. It looks like he is the new scape goat, so every goal people are trying to say Alnwick would have saved that, so he's coming under much more intense scrutiny.

Bulut knows more than our fans, I've always said he was brought in as number one, most of the recent goals have not been his fault, we have been playing better teams.

Lets see how he and the team do tomorrow.

reliable source

Perhaps we might reevaluate again at the end of the january transfer window,when it woud be too late for Arsenal to recall him

I was told exactly what I posted, maybe instead of a higher fee it was a higher proportion of his wages and I misunderstood. Do you think all managers tell the truth at all times? They will say (or be told what to say) what fits at the time

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Of course that's made up nonsense because some people don't like him. It looks like he is the new scape goat, so every goal people are trying to say Alnwick would have saved that, so he's coming under much more intense scrutiny.

Bulut knows more than our fans, I've always said he was brought in as number one, most of the recent goals have not been his fault, we have been playing better teams.

I don’t think anybody sets out to say oh yes let’s make him the new scapegoat but have you seen the games he’s played in, he’s looked very nervous and somewhat devoid of confidence, my Southampton mate said to me during the game your keeper looks like an accident waiting to happen and he has no agenda with our team!

Maybe it will come with a run of games but I’m not convinced and on the games I’ve seen this season Alnwick looks the better keeper

Bulut also said in his press conference about Runnarsson that he would never single out an individual player but isn’t that what he did with Tanner, Robinson and Colwill? I enjoy his press conferences but that struck me as a bit of a contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Bulut also said in his press conference about Runnarsson that he would never single out an individual player but isn’t that what he did with Tanner, Robinson and Colwill? I enjoy his press conferences but that struck me as a bit of a contradiction
    Didn’t he say for mistakes?

I don’t think his issue was Tanner Colwill was so much mistakes just what they weren’t doing during games.

I was told exactly what I posted, maybe instead of a higher fee it was a higher proportion of his wages and I misunderstood. Do you think all managers tell the truth at all times? They will say (or be told what to say) what fits at the time
    I don't doubt you posted what you were told. And a variable % of wages paid depending on number of games played was probably allowed in the summer. And all managers do not tell the truth at all times. But I thought Bulut's direct answer to the question was pretty convincing. He could have avoided a straight answer. However, none of us know the truth - and it leaves room for a lot of entertaining speculation.

The fact that Arsenal aren't pressuring the club doesn't mean that Bulut is obliged to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The fact that Arsenal aren't pressuring the club doesn't mean that Bulut is obliged to play him.
    Of course not.

The suggestion was that Bulut was only playing Runnarson because Arsenal were putting pressure on him - with speculation that there was something in the loan agreement that forced his hand, or he wanted to keep the Arsenal relationship sweet.

Either of those may be true - but from the last few pre match interviews I am inclined to take Bulut at his word. At this time he thinks Runnarson is the better option. He keeps citing Runnarson as better with the ball at his feet, and says Alnwick lost a bit of confidence after the Watford game. He also said that Alnwick could be back in the team at any time. I would prefer to see Alnwick back but don't see any reason not to believe what the manager is explicitly saying to the press.

Someone on my blog said that they’d been told we had another loan signing from Arsenal lined up for January and we were picking Runnarson to get them sweet about that deal - just passing on what was said.

International

Of course not.

The suggestion was that Bulut was only playing Runnarson because Arsenal were putting pressure on him - with speculation that there was something in the loan agreement that forced his hand, or he wanted to keep the Arsenal relationship sweet.

Either of those may be true - but from the last few pre match interviews I am inclined to take Bulut at his word. At this time he thinks Runnarson is the better option. He keeps citing Runnarson as better with the ball at his feet, and says Alnwick lost a bit of confidence after the Watford game. He also said that Alnwick could be back in the team at any time. I would prefer to see Alnwick back but don't see any reason not to believe what the manager is explicitly saying to the press.
    Agreed Bulut's press conferences are very good, he gives open honest answers and responses when he can, the only time is a bit cagey is with specific transfer information. Personally, I think Runnarson will come good and win the fans over by the end of the season, but he'll need a good few games now to cement his place, the pressure is on.

Someone on my blog said that they’d been told we had another loan signing from Arsenal lined up for January and we were picking Runnarson to get them sweet about that deal - just passing on what was said.

Is it Ramsdale

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    reliable source
    Wanker alert

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Fans didn’t choose the player so have no qualms in putting their honest point of view. They don’t have to tell untruths to hide a poor decision. Fans can tell who is good and who isn’t and this guy shouldn’t be anywhere near our first Xl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Fans didn’t choose the player so have no qualms in putting their honest point of view. They don’t have to tell untruths to hide a poor decision. Fans can tell who is good and who isn’t and this guy shouldn’t be anywhere near our first Xl.
    100% this ⬆️

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post

Runnarsson should be on strictly and no way near the CCS!