+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis Costello - New Theatre

Re: Elvis Costello - New Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I've seen Skinny Molly about half a dozen times, including the Patriot. Great band and I was a huge Skynyrd fan back in the day.

The Globe? Well, I won't be darkening their doors anytime soon. My mate is coming back from Portugal in May with his wife and wanted to go and see Ozric Tentacles/Gong at the Globe. I went online to get four tickets and it's an extra £12 'booking fee' for 4 tickets. Feck that! We saw the Ozrics quite a few times in the late 80s early 80s free festival scene and I've seen Gong and various offshoots a few times too back in the 80s so there is no real need to go. I really do detest paying a 'booking' fee. Its nothing more than a blatant rip-off.
    What Gong as in Flying Teapot and Camembert Electrique? Surely they're not still around?!

A mate of mine went to a 65th birthday a few, years ago in Newport. The guy whose birthday it was booked Gong.
    Cost him a fortune. Not exactly a party band. They managed to empty the place out

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    A mate of mine went to a 65th birthday a few, years ago in Newport. The guy whose birthday it was booked Gong.
    Cost him a fortune. Not exactly a party band. They managed to empty the place out

Prog rock definitely has it's place! Anyone remember Ali playing Pink Floyd's Umma Gumma (I think it was) at HT at Ninian Park?. It took the whole half time period and people were looking at each other in bewilderment

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    What Gong as in Flying Teapot and Camembert Electrique? Surely they're not still around?!
    Steve Hillage Gong ?

While £87 is a lot of money. I think it would be worth it to see Elivis Constello in the New Theatre. Depending on the band and setlist of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    While £87 is a lot of money. I think it would be worth it to see Elivis Constello in the New Theatre. Depending on the band and setlist of course.
    Are they the most expensive seats?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Steve Hillage Gong ?
    Thats them without hilage

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Yes, they are still going. None of the early 70s greats in the band these days as most of them have sadly passed on. Infact, I think the only member from their classic line up still with us, is Steve Hillage. I could be wrong though. Thought I would go along see what they are like these days and if they still do classics like 'Squeezing Sponges Over Policemens Heads' lol. A greedy club owner (Mike Jones) means I won't be doing so. I am so glad I saw all the bands I wanted to see between '74 and 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I've seen Skinny Molly about half a dozen times, including the Patriot. Great band and I was a huge Skynyrd fan back in the day.

The Globe? Well, I won't be darkening their doors anytime soon. My mate is coming back from Portugal in May with his wife and wanted to go and see Ozric Tentacles/Gong at the Globe. I went online to get four tickets and it's an extra £12 'booking fee' for 4 tickets. Feck that! We saw the Ozrics quite a few times in the late 80s early 80s free festival scene and I've seen Gong and various offshoots a few times too back in the 80s so there is no real need to go. I really do detest paying a 'booking' fee. Its nothing more than a blatant rip-off.
    I agree 100% about booking fees although they're all at, it's by means just the Globe. It's not all unusual to have 10% added to the cost of a ticket by fees. Touting has rightly received a lot of attention. But these add ons are just as costly as they apply to every event so they add up.