+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Costello - New Theatre

Elvis Costello - New Theatre

Been an Elvis fan since the release of Armed Forces, and never had the opportunity to see him. There it was presented to me on a plate, a pre-sale code for his gig at the New Theatre. Entered the code and...............£87 per ticket, AT THE NEW THEATRE !!

Nah, youre alright thanks Declan.

Re: Elvis Costello - New Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Been an Elvis fan since the release of Armed Forces, and never had the opportunity to see him. There it was presented to me on a plate, a pre-sale code for his gig at the New Theatre. Entered the code and...............£87 per ticket, AT THE NEW THEATRE !!

Yep.

Ticket prices are a piss take these days

First Team

Was looking forward to going to see Squeeze.
    Then saw the prices and am thinking again.

New Order on the Cardiff Barrage should be good next August. Not sure how much it'll cost yet

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    New Order on the Cardiff Barrage should be good next August. Not sure how much it'll cost yet
    £60 which isn’t really that bad by todays standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Especially with The Charlatans as support. Just a shame I'm away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    By today's standards i agree

60 notes too see something you all could have seen for a fiver years ago ...Are you ok in the mental department?

Is he widow twanky or buttons ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    60 notes too see something you all could have seen for a fiver years ago ...Are you ok in the mental department?
    Inflation and artists don't earn much from music sales these days. If you think £60 is exspensive, you should see some other prices

Don't forget the booking fee, which will push it even closer to £100.

As it happens I saw Costello back in '77 and '78 in the Top Rank, then in '79 in Sophia Gardens. Never rated him live, and found him pretty mediocre. Only went coz a couple of my mates in those days were huge fans
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 07-12-23 at 22:23. Reason: sPelluNG

A few good songs and thats about it. Id rather go and see some kids in a pub band

87 quid….last time I went to Glastonbury in 2004 was not far off that….worlds gone mad glad I did a lot of band watching in my youth….

Talking tickets just checking out Bruce for next summer, middle row seats coming in at £450 each about half way back…..thanks Bruce think I’ll just go and sit by the stone circle with a few cans

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Talking tickets just checking out Bruce for next summer, middle row seats coming in at £450 each about half way back…..thanks Bruce think I’ll just go and sit by the stone circle with a few cans
    He's playing Glastonbury?

i notice Billy Joel has announced playing the principality stadium next year

I bet you won't get too much change out of 150 quid for standard seats ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i notice Billy Joel has announced playing the principality stadium next year

I bet you won't get too much change out of 150 quid for standard seats ?
    Christ that would be a chore

Is he still boffing Christie Brinkley ?

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    By today's standards i agree
    This place always reduces ticket prices close to the event, a load of people I know even got free tickets to the one last august down there…but like a prison they said…

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's playing Glastonbury?
    Probably although cardiff gig is May 5? 7 weeks before g

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    This place always reduces ticket prices close to the event, a load of people I know even got free tickets to the one last august down there…but like a prison they said…
    Thanks for the tip off, i really want to go. Where can i buy the late tickets?

I'll be at the Patriots Crumlin tomorrow night, cost ? Squat, cracking rock covers band playing great songs nice and loud, only downside, its my turn to drive so will be soda water all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I'll be at the Patriots Crumlin tomorrow night, cost ? Squat, cracking rock covers band playing great songs nice and loud, only downside, its my turn to drive so will be soda water all the way
    Great venue. it's only 20 mins from where I live, and no rip off "booking" fees. I frequent the place a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Great venue. it's only 20 mins from where I live, and no rip off "booking" fees. I frequent the place a fair bit.
    I saw Skinny Molly there. Mike Estes who spent a few years with Lynard Skynard band.
    Martin Turner is back down the Globe next year
    2 for one tickets on black Friday.
    I can't think of anyone I'd spend a small fortune to see.

Well after listening to nick cave trying to sing at that funeral today I certainly would pay to watch him

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I saw Skinny Molly there. Mike Estes who spent a few years with Lynard Skynard band.
    Martin Turner is back down the Globe next year
    2 for one tickets on black Friday.
    I can't think of anyone I'd spend a small fortune to see.
    I've seen Skinny Molly about half a dozen times, including the Patriot. Great band and I was a huge Skynyrd fan back in the day.

The Globe? Well, I won't be darkening their doors anytime soon. My mate is coming back from Portugal in May with his wife and wanted to go and see Ozric Tentacles/Gong at the Globe. I went online to get four tickets and it's an extra £12 'booking fee' for 4 tickets. Feck that! We saw the Ozrics quite a few times in the late 80s early 80s free festival scene and I've seen Gong and various offshoots a few times too back in the 80s so there is no real need to go. I really do detest paying a 'booking' fee. Its nothing more than a blatant rip-off.