+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fan jailed for racially abusing Rio Ferdinand

Fan jailed for racially abusing Rio Ferdinand

BBC News - Rio Ferdinand abuser Jamie Arnold jailed for six months - BBC News
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9elzg3py13o

Absoloute crumpet

Re: Fan jailed for racially abusing Rio Ferdinand

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    BBC News - Rio Ferdinand abuser Jamie Arnold jailed for six months - BBC News
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9elzg3py13o

Absoloute crumpet
    Yeah, I agree Rio is an absolute crumpet. His abuser even more so

I can't believe that in 2023 we still witness this kind of behaviour. Who are these people?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I can't believe that in 2023 we still witness this kind of behaviour. Who are these people?!
    It's like that Sheffield Wednesday fan holding up the photo of the young Sunderland fan who passed away

I don't think they believe they are ever going to get caught or are too thick in the first place to care or realise what idiots they are

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's like that Sheffield Wednesday fan holding up the photo of the young Sunderland fan who passed away

I don't think they believe they are ever going to get caught or are too thick in the first place to care or realise what idiots they are
    Or the Leeds fan who mocked Emiliano Sala's death at the opening game of the season. Do they think they're clever, brave or funny with this shite? They must see themselves in a different way from everyone else looking at them.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...f-city-4439737

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Or the Leeds fan who mocked Emiliano Sala's death at the opening game of the season. Do they think they're clever, brave or funny with this shite? They must see themselves in a different way from everyone else looking at them.

Our clowns have done similar things to Leeds , Swansea have done it to us all of them are cretins

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Our clowns have done similar things to Leeds , Swansea have done it to us all of them are cretins

And well done to West Yorkshire Police

Maybe I’m not being fair here, but Wolves are one of those clubs that I’m not surprised to see stories like the one in the OP still coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yeah, I agree Rio is an absolute crumpet. His abuser even more so
    I don't know what Rio Ferdinand has done to be criticised in this thread. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't know what Rio Ferdinand has done to be criticised in this thread. Very odd.
    I never liked Rio's faux wanna be bad boi London gangsta pretend image when he was a Man Utd player. Just my opinion, that's all....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I never liked Rio's faux wanna be bad boi London gangsta pretend image when he was a Man Utd player. Just my opinion, that's all....
    Strange thing to throw in, it has nothing to do with this case. I've spent quite a lot of time in South London, best part of three years with work. Plenty of the Black folk sound like Rio, talk like Rio, express themselves like Rio. It's a South London thing, And what a wonderful part of the world South London is, from food, Culture, Music, Art, and the people. Like i said, i don't really understand why you have had to include Rio Ferdinands character in this thread, seems bizzare.

Strange thing to throw in, it has nothing to do with this case. I've spent quite a lot of time in South London, best part of three years with work. Plenty of the Black folk sound like Rio, talk like Rio, express themselves like Rio. It's a South London thing, And what a wonderful part of the world South London is, from food, Culture, Music, Art, and the people. Like i said, i don't really understand why you have had to include Rio Ferdinands character in this thread, seems bizzare.
    Subconscious victim blaming

South London has a high crime rate. Known for it.

Yeah, I lived in Brixton for a while in the late 80s/early 90s. A great vibrant place back in those days. Lived in a squat just off Brixton Hill. Not sure what it is like now as I left in '93 and not been back.

Basically, I was making a comment that I didn't like image that Ferdinand portrayed of himself, when a Man Utd player. One of best mates a plastic manc (Mansfield lad) first brought this to my attention, as plenty of Man ure fans at the time thought the same. I shouldn't really have to explain myself to you, but as you waffled on about South London and a load of other bollox, I thought I had better put you straight. Sludgey made a remark about someone guy abusing Ferdinand, and was an 'absolute crumpet, which he is, or a sheer and total utter kent in my eyes. I also don't like Ferdinand and thus commented. That is all. You love Rio as a person, I don't. There we go....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Subconscious victim blaming
    Sorry, don't understand your comment here, can you enlighten me further?