+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut says that Millwall stifled our play in the first half.

Bulut says that Millwall stifled our play in the first half.

I saw it differently.
    I saw CCFC players unable to control the ball, unable to make passes, not finding space, a team that wanted to play the ball backwards, silly passing across a back line before playing the pass forward that they could have done minutes earlier, a team that has no pace or momentum. It was shocking.
    Thankfully the second half was better and the goal was a great relief.
    Should start against Brum with the team that ended today.

Re: Bulut says that Millwall stifled our play in the first half.

The audacity of Millwall stifelling the way we want to play. He should concentrate on our performance not the opposistions.

Very dire first half , both teams cancelled each other out
    We deserved it based on the second half performance…just about
    Ralls made the difference

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    I saw it differently.
    I saw CCFC players unable to control the ball, unable to make passes, not finding space, a team that wanted to play the ball backwards, silly passing across a back line before playing the pass forward that they could have done minutes earlier, a team that has no pace or momentum. It was shocking.
    He's surprisingly quiet when we stifle the opposition.

I saw it differently.
    I think that was his point? the team struggled to pass it well enough and couldn’t find the space because of how Millwall set up so he changed it to go more narrow. I thought it was a fair assessment when I listened?

It was a very poor game, it hell of a 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think that was his point? the team struggled to pass it well enough and couldn’t find the space because of how Millwall set up so he changed it to go more narrow. I thought it was a fair assessment when I listened?

It was a very poor game, it hell of a 3 points
    I think it says something of how predictable we've become.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For sure, we have limited options, I think it’s very clear we need new players in key positions.

I think we might see some changes midweek.

I don’t see anything wrong with what he said though. It’s almost like some fans are looking for ways to knock him. He’s not perfect, no manager is but I also think he’s doing a very good job when you consider the last few seasons and the embargo.

For sure, we have limited options, I think it’s very clear we need new players in key positions.

I think we might see some changes midweek.

I don’t see anything wrong with what he said though. It’s almost like some fans are looking for ways to knock him. He’s not perfect, no manager is but I also think he’s doing a very good job when you consider the last few seasons and the embargo.
    I guess it depends on what context he was using. Surely Millwall would look to stifle us, so it seemed like either a statement of the bleedin' obvious, or he was moaning about Millwall stifling us, forgetting that our recent defensive performances have been designed to do the same to the opposition. Who knows. All I'd like to see is us getting back to some of the decent football earlier in the season, even when Ramsey was injured.

It was a terrible game. really bad.
    We have been bad for a few weeks, however we stuck it out and got three points….lucky as they might have been.

The limitations that we have had with our squad over the last few years are really showing.
    It is a minor miracle to see where we are in the league with the lack of options that we have.

I’m sure that Bulut knows this better than anyone and I’m sure that he will be doing his best to improve the squad in January.

Let’s not forget that we were amongst the favourites for relegation in August.

I have said very clearly that I think he should have his contract extended and that he should be given time. Undoubtably we need some new players but having said all that he is not beyond criticism. I don’t blame him for our players not being able to control the ball or pick out the right pass. We can all be critical about selection - that’s what fans do.
    But I cannot pretend that I like to see us having three defenders tippy tapping the ball left right and back to the keeper only to start doing it again and losing the ball. Nor do I think a free kick ten yards into the opposing half should be played backwards into our half. Our first half performance was mostly static bereft of pace and drive.

I guess it depends on what context he was using. Surely Millwall would look to stifle us, so it seemed like either a statement of the bleedin' obvious, or he was moaning about Millwall stifling us, forgetting that our recent defensive performances have been designed to do the same to the opposition. Who knows. All I'd like to see is us getting back to some of the decent football earlier in the season, even when Ramsey was injured.
    I think it was just a comment rather than a huge statement that this thread has made something out of nothing. To me it sounded like he was just talking though the game.

Not every game goes as planned, the championship is a hard league. We struggled, he responded, we won.

I have said very clearly that I think he should have his contract extended and that he should be given time. Undoubtably we need some new players but having said all that he is not beyond criticism. I don’t blame him for our players not being able to control the ball or pick out the right pass. We can all be critical about selection - that’s what fans do.
    But I cannot pretend that I like to see us having three defenders tippy tapping the ball left right and back to the keeper only to start doing it again and losing the ball. Nor do I think a free kick ten yards into the opposing half should be played backwards into our half. Our first half performance was mostly static bereft of pace and drive.
    Probably why he made 2 HT subs,

I think it was just a comment rather than a huge statement that this thread has made something out of nothing. To me it sounded like he was just talking though the game.

Not every game goes as planned, the championship is a hard league. We struggled, he responded, we won.
    So stating the obvious then! Not sure his response won us the game, but we'll celebrate their keeper's cock up

I knew you'd say that.

Predictably 7th

So stating the obvious then! Not sure his response won us the game, but we'll celebrate their keeper's cock up
    Well he’s talking about the game, I guess most of what he says will be obvious. I don’t really get your issue with it lol.

Of course, will always celebrate a win.