+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wintle

Wintle

I always thought he was decent and still do but I don’t think he fits this formation. I think Siopis struggles to play alongside him sometimes. I don’t think he does enough defensively or offensively. Not to say he is poor at either end but he just doesn’t make an impact often enough. Neat and tidy. Probably better in a 3 maybe?.

A good squad player but feel we look so much stronger with Ralls alongside Siopis. Probably an area we need to add to progress.

Re: Wintle

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I always thought he was decent and still do but I don’t think he fits this formation. I think Siopis struggles to play alongside him sometimes. I don’t think he does enough defensively or offensively. Not to say he is poor at either end but he just doesn’t make an impact often enough. Neat and tidy. Probably better in a 3 maybe?.

A good squad player but feel we look so much stronger with Ralls alongside Siopis. Probably an area we need to add to progress.
    I agree with that.
    I was expecting to open a thread slating him, so pleasantly surprised.

He’s a solid enough player that has been a battler for un in struggling teams over the last few seasons.

I like him, but I hope that we can upgrade and he can still do a job as a squad player.

He took a couple of corners today that were woeful and a couple of balls into the box that their goalie gratefully gathered. He couldn't tackle a steak and he passes backwards more than he passes forwards. As a midfielder he contributes zilch

I think he's a solid enough defensive midfielder for a lower league Championship side or a very solid squad option, but I totally agree he can't play with Siopis in the midfield 2. We are far too negative with both of them playing together, especially when we have Robinson as the 10 going completely missing. Far too often the two of them were playing sideways or backwards today in a game we really should have been on the front foot from the off.

Agree with OP, In January We need 2 midfielders and a centre forward for a play off push
    Although i'm still not convinced by Bulut, so, should we open a war chest for him?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Ralls every time for me

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Ralls every time for me
    Thought Ralls and siopis were building a decent bond too, wintle isn’t strong enough but does possess other good traits like crossing but not consistently enough….

He is a solid lower championship "6" whereas Ralls has been (is) a top-end championship "8" and we need an "8". Father time is catching up with Joe so we need to find a starting replacement. But a bench with Ralls and Wintle will tell me we are fighting for promotion rather than looking down.

Robinson as the Attacking centre midfield kills any movement as he rarely finds the space a real ACM naturally finds

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Agree with OP, In January We need 2 midfielders and a centre forward for a play off push
    Although i'm still not convinced by Bulut, so, should we open a war chest for him?
    I don’t think there is going to be any kind of war chest despite rumblings on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    You can’t argue that he’s been pretty good in the transfer market particularly with no budget. The signings of Goutas and Siopis alone are reason to trust him with some cash in January