+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Let’s see who the Turk blames this week

Really not sure what people want from Colwill. Every time at least in the second half he showed for the ball, made intelligent passes and generally drove us forward. Without him we'd have barely got into the final third.

Shocking performance all round. Runnarsson is crap. Siopis and Wintle, how many more times do we need to see it to know it doesn't work, especially at home against weak opposition. Meite runs about like a bull in a china shop but offers nothing, Grant mostly the same. Once Ugbo came on we might as well have been playing with 10 men. If Ng is out, we're fecked at right back. Other than that, things are fine.

Having seen the goal back if that's not enough for Runnarsson to be dropped, barring injury, he's our keeper for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Really not sure what people want from Colwill. Every time at least in the second half he showed for the ball, made intelligent passes and generally drove us forward. Without him we'd have barely got into the final third.

Shocking performance all round. Runnarsson is crap. Siopis and Wintle, how many more times do we need to see it to know it doesn't work, especially at home against weak opposition. Meite runs about like a bull in a china shop but offers nothing, Grant mostly the same. Once Ugbo came on we might as well have been playing with 10 men. If Ng is out, we're fecked at right back. Other than that, things are fine.
    So what’s the answer, we have to play someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Let’s see who the Turk blames this week
    He can reuse the one about the referee and the subs not running enough, I imagine.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

No excuses. Poor display again v an average side. I would be happy to see Alnwick back and Ralls in midfield. Apart from that players are a muchness and we have become goal shy after a oromising start to the season. Can see us slipping down the table now.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Having seen the goal back if that's not enough for Runnarsson to be dropped, barring injury, he's our keeper for the rest of the season.
    I’d like to see the goal again, first view I didn’t think he was at fault but others do. That aside I thought he looked bright and made a couple of decent saves and collections.

I'd rather give Joe Colwill a chance in midfield. Siopis was poor again today. Wintle offers nothing.

Once again shows how much we miss Ralls.

Robinson offers nothing, can't pass, can't create.

Grant can't pass.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    I'd rather give Joe Colwill a chance in midfield. Siopis was poor again today. Wintle offers nothing.

Once again shows how much we miss Ralls.

Robinson offers nothing, can't pass, can't create.

Grant can't pass.
    Squad full of average players. Miracle we're this far up the table really.

Do our players get introduced to each other in the tunnel or on the pitch? and Colwill gives the phrase a waste of space a whole new meaning.

International

Made a good save earlier on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    What the hell has Bulut done to turn us into an ineffective attacking force from open play. We looked decent at the start of the season
    Agreed strange, I think teams have sussed us out, playing deep and blocking us out, we can't pass through the line, and just pass around till we lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed strange, I think teams have sussed us out, playing deep and blocking us out, we can't pass through the line, and just pass around till we lose it.

We don't have an high IQ attacking players apart from Ramsey.

Squad full of average players. Miracle we're this far up the table really.
    Squad of free transfers and loanees. I haven't the energy to look at the team Birmingham put out but I'm willing to bet it was stronger - on paper - at least. The Runarsson thing has really annoyed me. Our back 4 and keeper have been rock solid - why tamper.

International

Teams watch film and figure out that our style is being played by average players, target the average players and the style is rendered useless.

We're also missing our best player.
    We need Rambo, O'Dowda, Kieffer and the Greeks/Turkish players asap!

We need Rambo, O'Dowda, Kieffer and the Greeks/Turkish players asap!
    So most of the side is shit?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So most of the side is shit?
    No some have been good for periods, but we need a bigger squad and some new blood, some look a bit off the pace now.

Rambo and Kieffer are much better than we have, and I do think O'Dowda will add more than Grant. Miete was good first half down the right.

I would like to see the passing stats for tonight

I would imagine our success rate of forward passes would be low

McGuinness made so many unforced errors on the passing side as did many others

Made a good save earlier on.
    It was routine at best.

Watch the goal back, as I just have….. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    What the hell has Bulut done to turn us into an ineffective attacking force from open play. We looked decent at the start of the season
    I don’t think he’s improved us at all

It’s all down to Ramsey and current lack of

Siopsis has gone from the first name on the team sheet to a liability and if it’s because of fatigue then it’s the rest of the teams ability to retain possession of the ball for longer periods

Clueless. Brum pressed high they didn’t play deep. Stick to complaining about the speed limit and leave football to those who understand it you 🤡

Again, most pundits had us getting relegated and we have had several seasons of poor transfer windows since we were relegated.

The lack of options is as obvious as day.
    Our strikers are worse than Rudy Gestede at the moment.
    Our midfield is lacking, particularly without Ralls and especially Ramsey.

Let’s just keep some perspective and hope we can scrap some points until January.

There is always a team in the Championship that can go on that mad run to the playoffs after January.

Id like to see Grant up front

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Again, most pundits had us getting relegated and we have had several seasons of poor transfer windows since we were relegated.

The lack of options is as obvious as day.
    Our strikers are worse than Rudy Gestede at the moment.
    Our midfield is lacking, particularly without Ralls and especially Ramsey.

Let’s just keep some perspective and hope we can scrap some points until January.

There is always a team in the Championship that can go on that mad run to the playoffs after January.
    And also a team that goes into free after starting the season well, usually Bristol
    City or Reading. We are looking like that team this year we’ve got more points than our performances have warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Clueless. Brum pressed high they didn’t play deep. Stick to complaining about the speed limit and leave football to those who understand it you 🤡