+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton thoughts?

Re: Joey Barton thoughts?

Female commentators and pundits , good or bad are welcome in the game because a large number of the idiots behind the Mike on five live are absolutely hopeless

And as for sky when I have the misfortune to watch Roy Keane I remember why I refuse to pay for it

Money for old rope

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Thing is, he'll get it, through the power of Youtube. There's plenty of people out there who like the type of shit he's spouting. In fact, it seems like it's getting worse.
    Oh aye, grifters like him make a killing. Mugs paid for Tommy Robinson's house

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thank god you said it.

You can have differing views without being a dick about it like Barton is

I’m the same as you Des, some of the female comentators that scream at the top of their voice can be grating but they’re not all dreadful.

As for quotas I’m not a fan but if it’s temporary until they manage to build the women’s game well that’s fine too

It might be the wrong way of thinking but I prefer watching people that think like me, behave like me and sound like me etc and that’s why I much prefer the arseyness of Keane over the women who analyse the game in infinite detail that are far more insightful than me.
    That’s the thing, people have opinions, personally I like some female presenters/commentators but not others, similar to the guys to be honest. I think Sky especially are trying to hard to tick boxes but that’s for them to decide.

Barton’s tweets are vile, he’s got some real issue, and shouldn’t be one to speak on it with his record.

I just asked Google Bard (so the answer is probably wrong!):

‘How many football matches have each separate co-commentator worked on in the UK this season?

And this is the answer:

‘As of today, December 11, 2023, the following co-commentators have worked on football matches in the UK this season:

Lucy Ward: 244 matches
    Ian Wright: 108 matches
    Alan Shearer: 106 matches
    Gary Neville: 89 matches
    Jamie Carragher: 71 matches

This information is based on a publicly available dataset from Opta Sports. The dataset includes data on all Premier League, EFL Championship, EFL League One, and EFL League Two’

It doesn’t look correct but it does FEEL as though Lucy Ward is on every game!

I'm pretty sure there hasn't even been 244 days in the season so far so that would make her pretty busy

Chatgpt and bard etc are language models. They don't think and try to answer questions

Society has changed at a rapid pace over the last decade, too quickly for many.

Affirmative action has been gathering exponential momentum and it’s only natural that you are seeing a reaction.
    Be it a boycott reaction to cynical virtueism from massive global brands or populist voting trends.
    It’s there, clear to see that massive swathes of the Western World don’t like it or want it.

Liberalism has been hijacked by post modernism/deconstructionists IMO and it has been been a disaster for progressiveness.

The fact that a pig of a man, in Joey Barton is somehow getting press for this discourse is tragic, but inevitable really.
    Possibly an opportunist or somebody that doesn’t give a flying **** what he says.

It’s the tip of the iceberg and people are getting more bigoted, as a reaction.
    I have seen it happening for years.
    Some will say that it’s a manifestation of those who already held bigoted beliefs.
    I couldn’t disagree more.

It’s not even a left/right conversation anymore, we are riding a cultural pendulum that will swing back as far as gravity dictates.

They still seem to be chosen for their attractiveness. That seems to be a criteria for selection, regardless of past or present ability as presenter or pundit.

Sky sports news has had some top crumpet women presenters for the last 20 years - Some real eye candy sorts!! Phwoahhh!!
    As for the match day commentators / pundits though, as long as they know what their talking about dosn't really bother me what gender or how attractive / ugly they are - just as long as they can talk some sense.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They still seem to be chosen for their attractiveness. That seems to be a criteria for selection, regardless of past or present ability as presenter or pundit.
    Yes true, will they boot them off when they get old?

Joey is a kent of the highest order and if he was my son I would be embarrassed

Football focus on Saturday spent 10 to 15 minutes on Leah Williamson the captain of the English woman's team learning how to play the piano.

442 has really stepped up its coverage of the women’s game. I’m just not interested in it, so it’s annoying to me that I’m flipping pages. Of course the female game has its place, it’s own place, it’s being pushed and pushed but, to me, it’s a separate sport to the men’s game and could be treated as such with its own pundits.

I got through the first sentence and decided whatever he was going to say is wrong.

I've seen this posted on Facebook, and almost every response has been in support of Barton - and I mean thousands. So someone is wrong.

David Squires majoring on Roy Hodgson this week - but manages a fine little side swipe at Barton on the way!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...crystal-palace

He’s a twat and I wish someone else was making the argument, but I agree with the main point. I’m fed up of the tokenism in men’s football.

Some female pundits are good, and I think they’re there in merit. Too many are rubbish and getting numerous jobs. I also don’t like women on commentary, and that’s not sexist, their voice is not suited and doesn’t create the same emotion or drama.

Shoot me down.

Presenters and commentators have a totally different skill set, Barton is talking about the "money for old rope" gig of punditry. Middle-aged white blokes get well served in that bracket, apart from most of them being millionaires. The sky girl who presents the Wales and City games is an excellent presenter/host.

Rugby never sounded the same without Bill McClaren until I got used to Butler, it takes time to adjust the same will be the same women commentators, the ones that grate will eventually lose the gig to the good ones.

Punditery is a load of cobblers though, who is really any good? Are they not just celebrity fans? Carrager-Liverpool. Neville/Keane Man U, Shearer Newcastle, etc........

The Neveille Carragher MNF is probably fully supported by a team of analysts, and this is what annoys me. Why hasn't sky recruited an experienced analyst who can speak and give real-time information? Have you seen how often Bulut goes to his iPad during a game, why can't we find out what he is seeing?

I do think I’d rather absolutely anyone, regardless of gender, or knowledge to take over the CCTV commentary.

They truly are abysmal!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've seen this posted on Facebook, and almost every response has been in support of Barton - and I mean thousands. So someone is wrong.
    People have a rich history of being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    That probably says more about you and the groups you frequent on Facebook

International

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Presenters and commentators have a totally different skill set, Barton is talking about the "money for old rope" gig of punditry. Middle-aged white blokes get well served in that bracket, apart from most of them being millionaires. The sky girl who presents the Wales and City games is an excellent presenter/host.

Rugby never sounded the same without Bill McClaren until I got used to Butler, it takes time to adjust the same will be the same women commentators, the ones that grate will eventually lose the gig to the good ones.

Punditery is a load of cobblers though, who is really any good? Are they not just celebrity fans? Carrager-Liverpool. Neville/Keane Man U, Shearer Newcastle, etc........

The Neveille Carragher MNF is probably fully supported by a team of analysts, and this is what annoys me. Why hasn't sky recruited an experienced analyst who can speak and give real-time information? Have you seen how often Bulut goes to his iPad during a game, why can't we find out what he is seeing?
    The other valid part is that they sometimes say things like he should have trapped it and done a clipped pass to the other winger as if that's what they would have done, but they have never played at anything like that level.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    The Neveille Carragher MNF is probably fully supported by a team of analysts, and this is what annoys me. Why hasn't sky recruited an experienced analyst who can speak and give real-time information? ?
    3 per sky live game by all accounts, one of my daughters uni friends is doing it as a placement

He's right, its all tokenism .

Perfect timing from the Premier League. Wonder what he thinks about female refs.

Rebecca Welch to become Premier League's first female referee - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67705029

Joey barton recently thought if i mix Waterloo with Dancing queen I would have Water queen and would win the Eurovision