+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player of (Half) The Year

Player of (Half) The Year

Ramsey would have been in it, But for obvious reasons....

So my Nomination goes to Goutas, closely followed by NG and McGuiness.

Most Improved a toss up between NG, Mcguiness and Tanner-I'll go Tanner for obvious reasons

A new category for Ugbo-Player with absolutely zero noticeable attributes on a football pitch.

Re: Player of (Half) The Year

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Most Improved a toss up between NG, Mcguiness and Tanner-I'll go Tanner for obvious reasons

A new category for Ugbo-Player with absolutely zero noticeable attributes on a football pitch.
    Ramsey head and shoulders above anyone so even with the injury still can be considered

Most improved I’ll agree with Tanner because he started from such a low base

Ng for me, Tanner for most improved although he’s in danger of going backwards a bit in recent weeks.

I'd go for NG too. He's so consistent and consistently good.

Ramsey, just for being here

NG and Goutas performance wise.

Although I would say Siopis is our most important player.

Easy to overlook NG because of his consistent improvement. But if he was a new signing we'd be raving about him :)

other than that similar to the OP, mcguiness followed by goutas..if goutas started how he has played lately he'd be a closer second.

Must be said though.. Ralls seems to be the biggest impact to our ability to attack. But personally ive always thought Ralls was wayyyy under rated on here

Any of the back 4 are contender but I'd go Goutas. The back 4 are as good as anyone outside the top 4.

Ugbo is absolutely awful, until he gets a chance and then he's quite good. He's a really weird player.

Ralls has improved loads, too. And his corners are outstanding, he must have a fair few assists.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Any of the back 4 are contender but I'd go Goutas. The back 4 are as good as anyone outside the top 4.

Ugbo is absolutely awful, until he gets a chance and then he's quite good. He's a really weird player.

Ralls has improved loads, too. And his corners are outstanding, he must have a fair few assists.
    Ralls is playing with much more quality, As alluded to by Blooburd as well. He seems more relaxed. Ugbo must've been one of those kids who scored 150 goals a season during his junior years and nothing else. I've never seen a player like him. He does **** all.

Ralls is playing with much more quality, As alluded to by Blooburd as well. He seems more relaxed. Ugbo must've been one of those kids who scored 150 goals a season during his junior years and nothing else. I've never seen a player like him. He does **** all.
    Doesn’t say much for Isak Davies record, Ugbo scored for fun in that league.

Have to agree, Ugbo closely followed by Robinson for the what the **** does he actually do award🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Doesn’t say much for Isak Davies record, Ugbo scored for fun in that league.
    He then scored 3 goals in 18 for a better club in that same league the next season, he also failed badly in League 1 but was part of the good England u17 side that won the Toulon Tournament alongside the likes of Reece James and David Brooks. A really weird player

NG for me

Does Alnwick deserve a shout for most improved?

Yeh, agree with all of that. Ralls is a good player who has been held back by a succession of crap managers. It is great to see him playing so well.

Ugbo is the laziest player I've ever seen. He can't pass, beat a man, hold the ball up and then half a chance and he scores. I think he'll make way in Jan.

Re 2b2bdoo's point on Isaak Davies, he's scoring for a crap side. All Davies has to be is a half decent Champ player, same as Colwill. He shouldn't be judged against Ramsey etc.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He then scored 3 goals in 18 for a better club in that same league the next season, he also failed badly in League 1 but was part of the good England u17 side that won the Toulon Tournament alongside the likes of Reece James and David Brooks. A really weird player
    He clearly knows where the goal is, I think he needs a certain team and style, probably someone alongside him.

Perry Ng.
    He has been fantastic most games.

Another vote for Ng.

NG for me, followed by McGuiness.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Does Alnwick deserve a shout for most improved?
    Yes, he flapped at everything last season, he really worried me. I didn't think it was crazy Allsop was number 1, and every manager thought the same. Now, I'm positive we kept the right keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He clearly knows where the goal is, I think he needs a certain team and style, probably someone alongside him.
    I think he'd score if he played alongside Moore but I don't think you can carry him in this league, certainly if you want to get into the top 6. He'd probably be worth it for a Huddersfield etc.

I think he'd score if he played alongside Moore but I don't think you can carry him in this league, certainly if you want to get into the top 6. He'd probably be worth it for a Huddersfield etc.
    Agree, he’s not for me. A useful sub at the moment but little else.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ng for me, Tanner for most improved although he’s in danger of going backwards a bit in recent weeks.
    Agreed

International

We've got some decent players, nice to have so many in contention.

Perry NG was both the Players' Player of the Year and the Supporters' Player of the Year last season. Based on that, while his game (thankfully) is still improving, I'm not sure he can be considered for the 'Most Improved' category.

Someone like Jack Alnwick would be more suitable for such an accolade.