+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mark Drakeford to resign?

International

Re: Mark Drakeford to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We have gone backwards in education, transport and healthcare. Probably easier to name the policies they succeeded at.

Whataboutism with Westminster doesn't help. Personally I'd do away with the lot of them and start from scratch.

Absolute shambles here and Westminster.

Anyone thinking Labour have improved things here have their heads firmly in the sand. Or is a win these days when it's perceived to be less bonkers than Westminster.

We all deserve better.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Can you just post normal,
    when you try to be funny you just seem to be 11years old.
    Hmm, that old?

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    For comedy value I hope he changes his mind. But in terms of everything else - Cancer wait times worse than other parts of the UK, bottom of the PISA education results table (again), Ambulance service that does not work, no more roads, brynglas tunnels debacle, tourist tax, anti business, second home council tax tripling, Over spending the budget by 900,000,000 this year and has just now cut every single dept - apart from climate change. Buying an airport and pouring 90,000,000 into it (valued recently at 15 million)
    Is this really a man / party that is caring and genuinely cares ?

Oh I forgot about the 20mph that cause more air pollution and longer journey times - this after he spent £1,000,000 on a bus lane on Cathedral road aka millionaires row - where he lives...
    Longer lockdowns to be different and dictatorship thou shalt not travel more than five miles to go to an outdoor beach!

International

Can you just post normal,
    when you try to be funny you just seem to be 11years old.
    I know my audience, don't want to confuse the Drippy lovers

International

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...r-who-28280981

Has Mark Drakeford been a good First Minister?
    Yes
    23%
    No
    77%

For all the people who thought Mark Drakeford was the right man in the pandemic, there were a sizeable number who thought he was too cautious, too slow to give freedom back and who made the wrong call time after time. There was a growing number within his party too who thought he had it wrong. He was too focused on his legacy, not the basics like awful education or health standards, his style, the way he did things, there was growing discontent and anger towards him within his party, and in polls.

Not only had his personal approvals plummeted, but Welsh Labour's too. The popularity of Sir Keir Starmer had grown. An ITV Cymru Wales/Barn Cymru poll last week saw Mark Drakeford's popularity with the Welsh public is at an 18-month low as more than half of respondents (56%) believe he is doing a bad job of being First Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I know my audience, don't want to confuse the Drippy lovers
    Does not confuse me but still not funny

International

Does not confuse me but still not funny
    Well it has because I wasn't being funny

Well it has because I wasn't being funny
    You try to hard.

International

You try to hard.

Do you mean too?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I wasnt comparing Glennys kinnock to Thatcher closing pits - Bob surely you understood that.

I merely pointed that when Thatcher died - certain people on here wanted to jump on her grave and that when Baroness Kinnock died (also a politician in her own right) it is interesting that no one from a right perspective here did the same.

To the other point - Harold Wilson closed more pits than Thatcher did - yet never gets called out for it.
    Funny, I can’t remember anyone called Pipster posting on here when Thatcher died. You’re not yet another right wing multi are you?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do, you come on a thread about Drakeford stepping down comparing Thatcher to Glenys Kinnock, then start going on about pits being closed. What’s any of it got to do with Mark Drakeford?

International

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eteran-go.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...den-death.html

Mark Drakeford quits: How the ex-probation officer and university lecturer went on to become Welsh First Minister after rising from Labour's left-wing - while also battling family difficulties with his rapist son's imprisonment

TFFT - Drakeford has pushed back the Wales economy 5 years plus with his pathetic short sighted useless policies

M4 relief road cancellation being one of many

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Funny, I can’t remember anyone called Pipster posting on here when Thatcher died. You’re not yet another right wing multi are you?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do, you come on a thread about Drakeford stepping down comparing Thatcher to Glenys Kinnock, then start going on about pits being closed. What’s any of it got to do with Mark Drakeford?
    He's the pits - Jeepers now I'm being funny, go on laugh

You’re being boring, I’ll give you that.

You need to try and fill your time with something else, why not try going down The City? You may enjoy football......on the other hand, going down The City...hmmmmm

Yes
    23%
    No
    77%

For all the people who thought Mark Drakeford was the right man in the pandemic, there were a sizeable number who thought he was too cautious, too slow to give freedom back and who made the wrong call time after time. There was a growing number within his party too who thought he had it wrong. He was too focused on his legacy, not the basics like awful education or health standards, his style, the way he did things, there was growing discontent and anger towards him within his party, and in polls.

Not only had his personal approvals plummeted, but Welsh Labour's too. The popularity of Sir Keir Starmer had grown. An ITV Cymru Wales/Barn Cymru poll last week saw Mark Drakeford's popularity with the Welsh public is at an 18-month low as more than half of respondents (56%) believe he is doing a bad job of being First Minister.
    You are quoting a poll from wales online? Frequented by the biggest group of nutters you could dare put together in one place.

Glad he's gone and saying no more other than sometimes, it's better the devil you know.
    Just look at the shithouse America has degenerated into in the past 3 years.

It's a shame he's going to be hanging around till Easter as he's very toxic now

Can't he just leave and be done with it ?

I don't have any sympathy for hi though he should have resigned after we came out of lockdown

I hope a relatively quiet type is appointed so the Tories get back in their box and Plaid just wave their arms about

Do you mean too?
    Sorry my two,too and to a tad mixed up.
    But you are as funny as a bad case of piles.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Rhun's statement on Drakeford's resignation. I'm glad to see him putting the boot in. Drakeford and Labour have failed Wales - badlyAttachment 5957
    Same old story

We want independence shout Plaid

But when it comes down to it people just won't vote for it

If Drakeford was replaced by a decent leader and Labour pulled back on a few clear policy screw ups it would be the end of the show again

A junior partner in a coalition is fair enough but once the idea of a independent Wales comes about the majority of the population turn up their noses

Yes
    23%
    No
    77%

Hmmmm a Poll that a section of posters here won't agree with the outcome, that'll never wash, I can hear calls for another poll right now, with exact options, a simple yes or no just doesnt work these days

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    You must be furious at the tories in Westminster then?

But go on, be specific, what policies are you referring to?

Drakeford is a decent person who genuinely cares about average people unlike the current conservatives.
    Drakeford a decent person? You're fkn deluded, ypthe man is a complete asshole. Good riddance to the c unt

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’re being boring, I’ll give you that.
    Dont cry

International

Sorry my two,too and to a tad mixed up.
    But you are as funny as a bad case of piles.

Common sense and understanding of what is needed are the best qualities, academics should stick to writing pages of nonsense that no one cares about, not implement policies that are nonsense and messing up the Country.
    So initially you argued that Drakeford wasn't fit for the role as it would be above his understanding as he was "just" a social worker. Now it's been pointed out that he's intellectually very capable and has plenty of political experience it's "common sense" that is needed. Make your mind up.

I'm no fan of Drakeford's, but he's clearly not an idiot and we certainly could have had a far worse FM than him