+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mark Drakeford to resign?

Re: Mark Drakeford to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Have a nice evening

Xmas comes early.

Gone before being embarrassed by the ballot box .

Folk who interact with him will know he does not handle a difference of views other than his own ?

Straight out of the Maxist playback.

Taken Wales back decades.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Xmas comes early.

Folk who interact with him will know he does not handle a difference of views other than his own ?

Maxist Boyce? Uggy uggy uggy!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Glad he's gone and saying no more other than sometimes, it's better the devil you know.
    Just look at the shithouse America has degenerated into in the past 3 years.
    3 years!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    3 years!
    I'm no fan of Biden, in fact, i'm no fan of any of the recent American Presidents, far from it. But what's this shit about Biden? Is it the Trump supporters crying because he's not in power anymore? And how come they all know stuff that we don't? And why do they all love Twitter so much?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Xmas comes early.

What on earth are you babbling on about? He announced he'd stand down in this term years ago and easily won the last election

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What on earth are you babbling on about? He announced he'd stand down in this term years ago and easily won the last election
    Maxist Playback-Sounds like a 'Soul' Covers Band.

Hopefully Plaid can use this to their advantage, they really need to pray on the protest votes as it's a bit of a free swing for traditional Labour voters.

It's near enough impossible they will be able to get a full majority so they would lean on another party like Labour or Lib dems to give them that majority, they would have to play it safe as any if they tried forcing anything the public didn't like they'd never get in again.

I think voting a Welsh party in Wales is a logical choice, the "english" parties haven't served Wales particularly well. Plaid have rightfully stopped pushing independence, they need to get into power then prove why it's needed (which wouldn't be difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Hmmmm a Poll that a section of posters here won't agree with the outcome, that'll never wash, I can hear calls for another poll right now, with exact options, a simple yes or no just doesnt work these days
    If you're going to jump to conclusions regarding a poll, let's see the whole thing first

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-...public-and-why

Labour have dropped eight points in the voting intentions poll and yet still have a twenty two point lead over any other party. As for Drakeford, there's an explanation as to why he's less popular than he was a year ago, but it's also added that he is still more popular than any other Welsh party leader.

Just trying to add some LoM style balance, I'm no great fan of Drakeford and think it's time Labour had a new person in charge who'll make trying to change the poor Health and Education statistics in Wales a priority.

While the Tories are in power in Westminster, Labour will coast to electoral victories in Wales as much of the vote is effectively anti-Tory.

When Labour get in nationally then I'm sure Labour will still retain power in Wales but people will be more inclined to vote against them. This will be especially likely if Wales carries on getting progressively worse compared to the rest of the UK regions on socio-economic indicators, which they have done while Labour has been in power in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If you're going to jump to conclusions regarding a poll, let's see the whole thing first

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-...public-and-why

Labour have dropped eight points in the voting intentions poll and yet still have a twenty two point lead over any other party. As for Drakeford, there's an explanation as to why he's less popular than he was a year ago, but it's also added that he is still more popular than any other Welsh party leader.

Just trying to add some LoM style balance, I'm no great fan of Drakeford and think it's time Labour had a new person in charge who'll make trying to change the poor Health and Education statistics in Wales a priority.
    The figures you've quoted are for Westminster voting intention. The Senedd poll is much closer and Labour would be nowhere near a majority, especially in an expanded SeneddScreenshot_20231214_090826_Drive.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    The figures you've quoted are for Westminster voting intention. The Senedd poll is much closer and Labour would be nowhere near a majority, especially in an expanded SeneddScreenshot_20231214_090826_Drive.jpg
    Well I hope that the first thing any new labour leader does is scrap the idea of an expanded Welsh assembly

That's utter madness

And secondly bin the 20 mph nonsense

All we need now is an update from the club to say that Runnerson has left Cardiff city and returned to Arsenal.
    It will be a double win

International

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    All we need now is an update from the club to say that Runnerson has left Cardiff city and returned to Arsenal.
    It will be a double win
    If it was either or, I would keep Runnerson even if Arsenal insisted he play as Stiker, you have to take the biggest wins when you can.

Vaughan Gethin to stand

Rebecca Evans finance minister is backing him which is a shame as I think she would be a good leader

He's OK but got to be better than Drakeford

I would be better than Drakeford

If it was either or, I would keep Runnerson even if Arsenal insisted he play as Stiker, you have to take the biggest wins when you can.
    What is a stiker,is it like a centreforward.
    Touche my friend.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What is a stiker,is it like a centreforward.
    Touche my friend.
    You didn't have to wait long

I know more about half the english Labour MPs than I do about Vaughn Gethin

There's things I agree with Labour in Wales on, plenty I don't.

Lets see what Vaughn Gethin brings as I think it's pretty done and dusted that he's going to replace Mark Drakeford.

Gethin , another liar

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I know more about half the english Labour MPs than I do about Vaughn Gethin

There's things I agree with Labour in Wales on, plenty I don't.

Lets see what Vaughn Gethin brings as I think it's pretty done and dusted that he's going to replace Mark Drakeford.
    He's useless, likes breaking the rules eating chips in lockdown, talks nonsense, was hopeless as Health Minister and the Welsh economy is going from bad to worse, God help us!

It's like replacing Avram Grant with Trollope.

He's useless, likes breaking the rules eating chips in lockdown, talks nonsense, was hopeless as Health Minister and the Welsh economy is going from bad to worse, God help us!

You swear blind that the First Minister is the only one who makes decisions.

The fact that he was eating chips in lockdown shows what he thought of diktats brought in by his boss. I don’t think eating chips outside in lockdown is a big deal.

As an aside there are calls for outstanding fines to be revoked.
    People who “did not realise” they were breaking the law have been fined for Covid rule breaches, it has emerged amid calls for an amnesty on fines in the wake of “partygate..”.

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-12-13/...-remain-unpaid

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The fact that he was eating chips in lockdown shows what he thought of diktats brought in by his boss. I don’t think eating chips outside in lockdown is a big deal.

As an aside there are calls for outstanding fines to be revoked.
    People who “did not realise” they were breaking the law have been fined for Covid rule breaches, it has emerged amid calls for an amnesty on fines in the wake of “partygate..”.

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-12-13/...-remain-unpaid
    Nor do I really, but these lot were having heart attacks when Boris had a sausage roll so I know they will be devasted that he broke the rules

Sad state of affairs, Gething and his ego would be dangerous for Wales.