+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mark Drakeford to resign?

Re: Mark Drakeford to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Working with vulnerable kids , ex prisoners ?

That to me shows a level of compassion and the value of society

I think that's good

Now he's been poor since lockdown I would agree but his background is laudable

The leader of the conservatives in Wales is a farmer

As are several of his team

What does that bring to the table ?

What understanding do they have of the matters that concern many people ?

OK love , you get off to bed I am bringing the cows in the shed
    Vulnerable kids? Didn’t his own get put into care and us currently in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I agree to a certain extent, but you need some qualities, and a level of competence, not just a social worker he comes across as dull as dishwater making top-level decisions that are clearly above their level of understanding and competence.
    He's also a respected academic who was a professor at Cardiff Uni as well as Rhodri Morgan's advisor

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's also a respected academic who was a professor at Cardiff Uni as well as Rhodri Morgan's advisor
    Common sense and understanding of what is needed are the best qualities, academics should stick to writing pages of nonsense that no one cares about, not implement policies that are nonsense and messing up the Country.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Not really - stating you would jump on the grave of someone - not exactly a good mindset.

ps How many pits did Thatcher close down ?
    More than Glenys Kinnock, what a ridiculous comparison.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not before time I think he and his team have been poor on several big issues and the 20 mph thing is a disaster

I think Rebecca Evans the finance minister would be a good shout

Eluned Morgan is hopeless which is a shame as her background and family roots suggested she would be good

Anything but the Tories and Plaid need to be kept as a junior partner in a coalition as they are nationalist nutters
    All those are rubbish

All those are rubbish
    https://x.com/therustler83/status/17...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Let’s hope no-one is bright enough to ask ….”

A reminder of the Welsh First Minister, Mark Drakeford, being caught on camera admitting the ‘Covid’ restrictions were guidance only and not ‘law’

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL the old "Ive had loads of texts cos im important" post.
    because I've got mates, you get none

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Um - have you seen any opinion polls in the last year?
    Labour won’t lose in Wales, god only know what they’d have to do for the brain dead to wake up….ban sky sports maybe?

Rhun's statement on Drakeford's resignation. I'm glad to see him putting the boot in. Drakeford and Labour have failed Wales - badlyScreenshot_20231213_134522_Facebook.jpg

because I've got mates, you get none
    I'm pretty sure if you had mates you wouldn't be posting about speed limits on here every 5 minutes

Common sense and understanding of what is needed are the best qualities, academics should stick to writing pages of nonsense that no one cares about, not implement policies that are nonsense and messing up the Country.
    You must be furious at the tories in Westminster then?

But go on, be specific, what policies are you referring to?

Drakeford is a decent person who genuinely cares about average people unlike the current conservatives.

Yes but they could completely oust Labour if they play this right, I would vote for them, any party that will scrap 20mph and all the other nonsense.
    You know Plaid have no interest in scrapping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you had mates you wouldn't be posting about speed limits on here every 5 minutes
    Savage

If he had mates he wouldnt change his username every few months pretending to be someonelse in his own little fantasy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Drakeford is a decent person who genuinely cares about average people unlike the current conservatives.
    We have gone backwards in education, transport and healthcare. Probably easier to name the policies they succeeded at.

Whataboutism with Westminster doesn't help. Personally I'd do away with the lot of them and start from scratch.

Absolute shambles here and Westminster.

Anyone thinking Labour have improved things here have their heads firmly in the sand. Or is a win these days when it's perceived to be less bonkers than Westminster.

We all deserve better.

No one is dancing on his grave - as he has not died. I do remember when Thatcher died and certain posters on here said they would happily dance on her grave, which displays a rather warped mindset.
    Baroness Glennys Kinnock died last week, and I think it showed a measure of a non warped mindset that did not mention graves or dancing on them from any poster on here.
    Given that Thatcher died 10 years before you joined the Board we can only ponder the impact it had on you!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    More than Glenys Kinnock, what a ridiculous comparison.
    I wasnt comparing Glennys kinnock to Thatcher closing pits - Bob surely you understood that.

I merely pointed that when Thatcher died - certain people on here wanted to jump on her grave and that when Baroness Kinnock died (also a politician in her own right) it is interesting that no one from a right perspective here did the same.

To the other point - Harold Wilson closed more pits than Thatcher did - yet never gets called out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We have gone backwards in education, transport and healthcare. Probably easier to name the policies they succeeded at.

Whataboutism with Westminster doesn't help. Personally I'd do away with the lot of them and start from scratch.

Anyone thinking Labour have improved things here have their heads firmly in the sand. Or is a win these days when it's perceived to be less bonkers than Westminster.

We all deserve better.
    For comedy value I hope he changes his mind. But in terms of everything else - Cancer wait times worse than other parts of the UK, bottom of the PISA education results table (again), Ambulance service that does not work, no more roads, brynglas tunnels debacle, tourist tax, anti business, second home council tax tripling, Over spending the budget by 900,000,000 this year and has just now cut every single dept - apart from climate change. Buying an airport and pouring 90,000,000 into it (valued recently at 15 million)
    Is this really a man / party that is caring and genuinely cares ?

Oh I forgot about the 20mph that cause more air pollution and longer journey times - this after he spent £1,000,000 on a bus lane on Cathedral road aka millionaires row - where he lives...

Aw, lovely. Maybe the Cistercian Nuns should run Wales - they're decent and care about people. [and puppies, too]

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Savage

If he had mates he wouldnt change his username every few months pretending to be someonelse in his own little fantasy world.
    Never changed it, and it's simple to text a mate, and post on here unless you're thick butt!

International

So much so, that he smashes the NHS to bits so they can't get treatment, smashes the economy to bits, and closes down pubs and businesses for daft points scoring extra lockdowns, the list could go on and on, ordinary people want health treatment and job's not look ow slow we drives butt!

I wasnt comparing Glennys kinnock to Thatcher closing pits - Bob surely you understood that.

I merely pointed that when Thatcher died - certain people on here wanted to jump on her grave and that when Baroness Kinnock died (also a politician in her own right) it is interesting that no one from a right perspective here did the same.

To the other point - Harold Wilson closed more pits than Thatcher did - yet never gets called out for it.
    Wilson's government (and the other Labour and Tory post-1945 governments before him who also closed hundreds of pits) made its' decisions based on factors like economic cost of extraction, exhaustion of seams, technical constraints, pollution levels from certain coalfields and falling demand for coal. Thatcher and her government made their decisions based on an ideological drive to destroy the NUM and the communities that supported them.

https://leftfootforward.org/2013/04/...nder-thatcher/

So much so, that he smashes the NHS to bits so they can't get treatment, smashes the economy to bits, and closes down pubs and businesses for daft points scoring extra lockdowns, the list could go on and on, ordinary people want health treatment and job's not look ow slow we drives butt!
    Can you just post normal,
    when you try to be funny you just seem to be 11years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

We all deserve better.
    I agree with most of that, though I will always endorse the idea that Wales should decide how to look after itself rather than be ruled from Westminster.

It does come down to funding. 13 years of austerity, coupled with a belief there's lots more fat to trim in savings, have caused huge problems across the UK. We've got one of the biggest economies in the world that can create billionaires but can't provide decent education or health care for everyone. Instead they blame it on benefit cheats and immigrants, arguments that don't carry any water if examined, but lots believe that narrative.

There's a similar sleight of hand going on at local authority level. LA funding has been slashed and replaced with councils keeping business rates instead. Councils in poorer areas end up having to find more savings, so cut services while raising council tax. People rightly ask what is the point of paying council tax when they get less for it, but the narrative that is swallowed is councils wasting money, too many councillors etc. Lots of people simultaneously want councils to cut business rates to encourage growth in town centres (though the exorbitant rates are usually from landlords), which means less council income.

Trying to have a factual conversation about things like this with your average Joe is almost impossible. The public, in general, seems to be uninterested in facts and stats, but their own, often wrong, opinions. In Wales I think we suffer by not having our own media of note, so we get the English version of things. I'd be very interested to see how the Senedd works, for example, but as it is rarely covered in the papers and broadcast media, we don't get that.

For comedy value I hope he changes his mind. But in terms of everything else - Cancer wait times worse than other parts of the UK, bottom of the PISA education results table (again), Ambulance service that does not work, no more roads, brynglas tunnels debacle, tourist tax, anti business, second home council tax tripling, Over spending the budget by 900,000,000 this year and has just now cut every single dept - apart from climate change. Buying an airport and pouring 90,000,000 into it (valued recently at 15 million)
    Is this really a man / party that is caring and genuinely cares ?

Oh I forgot about the 20mph that cause more air pollution and longer journey times - this after he spent £1,000,000 on a bus lane on Cathedral road aka millionaires row - where he lives...
    Don’t forget his new housing bill…..resulting in many landlords selling up and even more of a housing crisis for the young as they can’t find or afford spiralling rents….seen it first hand. It doesn’t really matter though, nothing will change with a new leader, does it in Westminster? Nope…..I’m glad he’s seen the light, albeit a bit too late. As much as I don’t like him he’s a had one hell of a few years since covid, his wife dying and son in prison. Time for a break….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t forget his new housing bill…..resulting in many landlords selling up and even more of a housing crisis for the young as they can’t find or afford spiralling rents….seen it first hand.
    Something has to be done about the housing market. In 1974 my dad was able to buy a decent 3 bedroom house in a tidy enough area and, with my mother unable to work, could pay for it from a very modest wage. Nowadays, working couples struggle to cope with mortgages and it's getting worse.