Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
Weirdly I booked a boiler service appointment from them the day before this thread started that was due for today. Soon as I read this I started fearing the worst.

Appointment was from 12-18:00 and all day long tracking wasn't working. I had texts at 14 + 16:00 saying all going to schedule I'm still in list. 17.30 I get a the guy is likely to be late message. Then a text at 17.56 saying he's on his way to me next and then nothing more.

I go to website to ask where he's got to to be told he couldn't gain entry at 18.15.
There were 3 of us in the house all day and our takeaway curry arrived at 18.15 without any hassle. We were sat within five feet of the door throughout. No calling card no text to say he'd tried to visit nothing. Can't rearrange til Feb 1st.

I swear he fecked off early for the night
This story sounds very familiar, had with BT as well as British Gas.

You can get some compensation if you can be arsed chasing and chasing, talking to umpteen customer service agents repeating the same thing, after minutes of waiting and security questions of course, armed with a record of their misdemeanours.

It almost seems like they factor this into their pricing and that they don't care a monkeys

Some decent pointers on here