+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coming soon to a football ground near you, Cardiff City, the team which cannot be creative.

Coming soon to a football ground near you, Cardiff City, the team which cannot be creative.

Rooney's Birmingham only threatened from set pieces.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

International

Re: Coming soon to a football ground near you, Cardiff City, the team which cannot be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Meite was quite good, he looks the best right-winger at the moment, Bowler and Tanner have badly lost form, if teams come to defend in numbers and try and hit us on the break they have a good chance as we can't break teams down.

The goal was terrible, if NG is out we are in real trouble, we've played badly each time he's missing at right back, Romeo is terrible, and we've got no left-back cover for Collins either.

Re: Coming soon to a football ground near you, Cardiff City, the team which cannot be creative.

My own opinion Bob is that somehow the players have lost a lot of confidence. Our attacking players are extremely poor, and several of the team aren't top half of the Championship standard at all.

Colwill was my MITM too, but like you I would have only given him a 6.

Runarsson needs to be shipped back to Arsenal asap.

Romeo isn't up to the job, I've always thought this. I shuddered when he came on to replace NG last night

Wintle cannot play with Siopis in midfield. He is someone else I have never rated.

Ugbo should never wear the shirt again

I turned to my mate at the Coventry home a game when Etete came on as a sub and told him "he's not up to Championship standard and is a bit of power-puff". Etete then scored, but doesn't seem to have done anything much since then, that I can think of. So I stand by what I said. He's a top half of League 1 player at best.

I have watched the U21's a few times this season, so how about bringing Joel Colwill and the No. 9 (whose name escapes me at the moment) into the first team matchday squad. Also bringing back Isaac Davies from Belgium?

Perhaps we're seeing the limitations of our hamstrung transfer window and why the parent clubs were happy to let the loan players go. Most of our signings were done on the cheap, including, in relative terms, Robinson. The lack of attacking cohesion is a worry (and irritating to watch) but maybe not possible with the set of players we have, so we're dependent on moments of magic. And when those finally arrive they're usually followed by a bad final ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Perhaps we're seeing the limitations of our hamstrung transfer window and why the parent clubs were happy to let the loan players go. Most of our signings were done on the cheap, including, in relative terms, Robinson. The lack of attacking cohesion is a worry (and irritating to watch) but maybe not possible with the set of players we have, so we're dependent on moments of magic. And when those finally arrive they're usually followed by a bad final ball.
    Our supporters have an elevated opinion of where we are as a squad. Back four aside, we are currently as weak as anyone in this league. I know we lost Ramsey, but seriously, would any other club put a side out with Etete and Ugbo up front ?

Our play is predictable and the one thing I would change is this shitty formation that allows Ugbo to do naff all and forces our wider players into playbook routine runs down the flank.

New ideas please Bulut

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Our play is predictable and the one thing I would change is this shitty formation that allows Ugbo to do naff all and forces our wider players into playbook routine runs down the flank.

New ideas please Bulut
    You're asking for a new cake with the same old ingredients. Not much can change. We'll be alright, it just won't be very exciting.

Good read, same story when teams suffocate us in the middle. Bulut doesn't have the players to tweak shape so we're limited with options. They were very poor yesterday, we just don't have the quality and match winners who can turn a game (without Rambo).

Coventry took them to the cleaners with Callum O'Hare and Sakamoto causing all sorts of issues last week. We struggled to get into the final 3rd completely.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

New ideas please Bulut
    It's as if Bowler and Grant are completely isolated from the main body of the team. When the ball does eventually reach them they're invariably closed down by 2 or more players. We're very rigid, but then again we have been like that for 5 seasons..

The strange thing for me is that just a month or so ago, we went on a run of five or six games where we looked like world-beaters. Five wins from six games took us storming up the table, and not only that, the football was great to watch. Then just as suddenly, all that flair and skill was gone, and we're back to churning out some of the worst football I've seen at Cardiff (and I've seen a lot). What happened? It's not down to Ramsey's injury - he dropped out just as our little purple patch was getting started.

If can't say with any certainty where the rot set in, but right about the same time that Bulut said he expected Colwill and Tanner to defend, things came apart. Tanner is not the same threat, when he has to track back all the time. Colwill isn't being the creative maestro, if he's worrying about the back four. I'm not saying that's the whole reason, but the two things do seem to coincide.

Just watched the highlights. The first half was not as bad as I expected but the second was pretty dire. The most noticeable thing for me was the number of empty seats - wow. Any estimates what the actual attendance might have been? I suspected it must have been quite low as I could hardly hear any City fans on the Cardiff City TV audio commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Just watched the highlights. The first half was not as bad as I expected but the second was pretty dire. The most noticeable thing for me was the number of empty seats - wow. Any estimates what the actual attendance might have been? I suspected it must have been quite low as I could hardly hear any City fans on the Cardiff City TV audio commentary.
    It was a very cold night, midweek, and the game was on Sky (red button). There was Champions League on the tv, and we've been playing rubbish football. All these things add up to a low turn-out.

I am appalled by the tactics and the individual performances some of which were even worse than others. Namely Siopis and Wintle who both seem incapable of making an incisive pass and whose general play in terms of tackling, passing and creating momentum was awful.

On 85 minutes losing 0-1 we were still tippy tapping the ball across the back line and then giving it away.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    I am appalled by the tactics and the individual performances some of which were even worse than others. Namely Siopis and Wintle who both seem incapable of making an incisive pass and whose general play in terms of tackling, passing and creating momentum was awful.
    Because it's not there game. Wintle is a tidy up player, Siopis is a pain in the arse close them down, disrupt play ind of player, although he does possess more impetus than Wintle. They were both poor last night, and i suppose when it's not working then at least get the basics right, which they didn't do last night. Although i don't really know what people expect from wintle or siopis as i don't think that they've ever been creative player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because it's not there game. Wintle is a tidy up player, Siopis is a pain in the arse close them down, disrupt play ind of player, although he does possess more impetus than Wintle. They were both poor last night, and i suppose when it's not working then at least get the basics right, which they didn't do last night. Although i don't really know what people expect from wintle or siopis as i don't think that they've ever been creative player.
    Yes, they couldn’t even get the basics right.
    As for its not there game….I did start by saying that I was appalled at the tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Yes, they couldn’t even get the basics right.
    As for its not there game….I did start by saying that I was appalled at the tactics.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It was a very cold night, midweek, and the game was on Sky (red button). There was Champions League on the tv, and we've been playing rubbish football. All these things add up to a low turn-out.
    OK. Never understood why a Champions League game on TV would deter me from going to watch "my" team playing though, mid week or any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    OK. Never understood why a Champions League game on TV would deter me from going to watch "my" team playing though, mid week or any other time.
    You are a loyal supporter

Sadly Cardiff City doesn't have enough people like you