+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulut's book of excuses

Bulut's book of excuses

sorry but the spotlight is right on him and rather than p1ss and moan and blame the ref, the clock, the wind, the rain and so on b1oody well do something about it.

if not Bulut should get the bullet. So has he written Dec off until he can go shopping? What the hell is he going to buy?

can't understand why people blow smoke up this guy.

enough is enough.

Turkish delight is very bitter right now!

Re: Bulut's book of excuses

He's done a great job to turn us from relegation certainties yet again to mid table and possibly better

I think he's made a big mistake with the keeper and needs to change that situation

He's been stung by the Ramsey injury but what's hampering us is inability of the front line to take chances and the midfield and wide players to provide those chances

I have no faith in any of our forwards and players like bowler , colwill etc need to start showing up when given the chance

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's done a great job to turn us from relegation certainties yet again to mid table and possibly better

I think he's made a big mistake with the keeper and needs to change that situation

He's been stung by the Ramsey injury but what's hampering us is inability of the front line to take chances and the midfield and wide players to provide those chances

I have no faith in any of our forwards and players like bowler , colwill etc need to start showing up when given the chance
    How many chances have you seen our front line miss lately Sludge? Hardly any is my answer, we don’t create the scoring opportunities for them to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How many chances have you seen our front line miss lately Sludge? Hardly any is my answer, we don’t create the scoring opportunities for them to miss.
    Decent strikers show for the ball , ours just ain't good enough

Decent strikers show for the ball , ours just ain't good enough
    What does this even mean

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What does this even mean
    Movement , wanting the ball , running channels etc

Our forward line is far too slow and when we havnt got the ball are standing still

We have missed enough chances for a opinion that they are not up to the task to be valid

Our forward line is far too slow and when we havnt got the ball are standing still

We have missed enough chances for a opinion that they are not up to the task to be valid

Yep totally agree. There were so many times when we were in possession that players were still still with an opponent between them and a potential pass. MOVE! Make a run, make yourself available. Colwill was doing it or coming deep to get it but it's no good just one player doing it. I also think we're lacking a natural leader on pitch particularly looking at last nights line up.

It's not all doom and gloom though. I think with Rambo and Ralls we win last night and add to that hopefully a new striker in January we don't look too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Yep totally agree. There were so many times when we were in possession that players were still still with an opponent between them and a potential pass. MOVE! Make a run, make yourself available. Colwill was doing it or coming deep to get it but it's no good just one player doing it. I also think we're lacking a natural leader on pitch particularly looking at last nights line up.

It's not all doom and gloom though. I think with Rambo and Ralls we win last night and add to that hopefully a new striker in January we don't look too bad.
    Yep , a few tweaks and we are a capable team at this level

He's done a great job and I think it's evidenced in the turnaround based on last year. I do think he's struggling to get a tune out of players who are either overplayed because of lack of quality alternatives (NG,Siopis,Goutas) and the fact that there's still a legacy there of lads who just aren't good enough and know they'll be off in Jan or May.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Last night (Especially during the 1st half) Colwill made some fantastic runs across the line, just advanced of Wintle and siopis, really intelligent and hard working runs, he also peeled off his man on a few occasions putting himself in space. He didn't receive the ball once. Siopis and wintle were either too slow of thought to play him in or just didn't fancy taking on the pass, probably a bit of both. Instead, they 'Started again' allowing Brum to get back in wnen Colwills run had them stretched. It really pissed me off, and if i was Colwill then i wouldn't have been happy because he's done everything possible, and he's worked that opening.

The problem we have is that with siopis and Wintle, and to a lesser degree, Ralls, we don't have speed of thought, that's why they're championship players. The pair of them slow everything down, neither of them make things tick, neither of them can dictate the pace of the game, they almost always look for the easy option, it ****s things up when we have momentum.

I'm not going to in on Siopis too hard, he's a 'Buzzer' of a player, a pain in the arse when the opposition have the ball, he isn't at his best when we are in possession, we all know that, and we need a player like him. Wintle on the other hand is a problem. It's his job to dictate from that withdrawn position and he just doesn't do it. The amount of times that we were in a position to make that telling pass was often last night, especially during the first half, they're the money passes, they're the balls that will win us tight games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Last night (Especially during the 1st half) Colwill made some fantastic runs across the line, just advanced of Wintle and siopis, really intelligent and hard working runs, he also peeled off his man on a few occasions putting himself in space. He didn't receive the ball once. Siopis and wintle were either too slow of thought to play him in or just didn't fancy taking on the pass, probably a bit of both. Instead, they 'Started again' allowing Brum to get back in wnen Colwills run had them stretched. It really pissed me off, and if i was Colwill then i wouldn't have been happy because he's done everything possible, and he's worked that opening.

The problem we have is that with siopis and Wintle, and to a lesser degree, Ralls, we don't have speed of thought, that's why they're championship players. The pair of them slow everything down, neither of them make things tick, neither of them can dictate the pace of the game, they almost always look for the easy option, it ****s things up when we have momentum.

I'm not going to in on Siopis too hard, he's a 'Buzzer' of a player, a pain in the arse when the opposition have the ball, he isn't at his best when we are in possession, we all know that, and we need a player like him. Wintle on the other hand is a problem. It's his job to dictate from that withdrawn position and he just doesn't do it. The amount of times that we were in a position to make that telling pass was often last night, especially during the first half, they're the money passes, they're the balls that will win us tight games.
    Players have also got to come and get the ball , the front line don't do any of that

Good post, we've always lack dynamism in the middle.

Up against their 3 central midfielders the writing was on the wall.

List a few of those chances then because I’m sorry, I I can’t agree that we’ve got a midfield just waiting to get creative if they had the right strikers in front of them. Siopis is an improvement on our other midfield players, but, essentially, they’re all much the same apart from. Ramsey - perspiration not inspiration merchants. There was a time when Sawyers would have offered something different, but not any more. Last night we were without our two most creative midfielders and didn’t it show.

He’s done a great job, clearly we are lacking at the moment.

Not sure we have had a manager who doesn’t make excuses after a loss. Most managers do.

I've noticed an increasing impatience towards Bulut in recent weeks.

I just don't really get it, no one enjoys last night but more often than not I've come away thinking we have improved a lot on last year.

There have been performances like yesterday and Saturday where it's like last season but that's not too surprising when it's largely the same squad that were no hopers last season.

It's like the groans after a couple of passes between our defenders and the odd shout of gerrit forward, so weird. It's a season of mid table mediocrity, anything more would have been a bonus, but I've much preferred it to last season however low that bar may have been.

Colwill has many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I've noticed an increasing impatience towards Bulut in recent weeks.

I just don't really get it, no one enjoys last night but more often than not I've come away thinking we have improved a lot on last year.

There have been performances like yesterday and Saturday where it's like last season but that's not too surprising when it's largely the same squad that were no hopers last season.

It's like the groans after a couple of passes between our defenders and the odd shout of gerrit forward, so weird. It's a season of mid table mediocrity, anything more would have been a bonus, but I've much preferred it to last season however low that bar may have been.
    Pretty much sums it up for me, I find it odd as well. I’m not sure what people expected under an embargo.

Also those who want him out (yes there are some), what type of manager do they really think we will bring in, it’s almost like the last two seasons didn’t happen and people think we should be pushing for promotion,

For me, Bulut has been great, yes he does somethings I don’t like, some players I wish he wouldn’t pick but also plenty of positives. We are certainly higher than I expected. If people want better football, we need better players.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Colwill has many times.
    I bet to differ

He's clearly a talented lad but it's all ifs and maybes

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Pretty much sums it up for me, I find it odd as well. I’m not sure what people expected under an embargo.

Also those who want him out (yes there are some), what type of manager do they really think we will bring in, it’s almost like the last two seasons didn’t happen and people think we should be pushing for promotion,

For me, Bulut has been great, yes he does somethings I don’t like, some players I wish he wouldn’t pick but also plenty of positives. We are certainly higher than I expected. If people want better football, we need better players.
    People who want bulut replacing are fecking clueless idiots

People who want bulut replacing are fecking clueless idiots
    Inclined to agree.So far Freebies and loans,only one window,much better football that last season.Inconsistent I know but he played the team everyone seemed to want but still they came up short.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Inclined to agree.So far Freebies and loans,only one window,much better football that last season.Inconsistent I know but he played the team everyone seemed to want but still they came up short.
    The pretty stuff at the back is bollocks but if he stopped it someone would say bring it back

It's what our lot do

The pretty stuff at the back is bollocks but if he stopped it someone would say bring it back

It's what our lot do
    Tell me how we'd be better off launching everything from the back at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Tell me how we'd be better off launching everything from the back at all times.
    Some of our early season success was in your face direct football

None of this pretty pretty keep ball as Hugh Johns called it

Some of our early season success was in your face direct football

None of this pretty pretty keep ball as Hugh Johns called it
    You still won't acknowledge a difference between direct football to feet and hoofball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You still won't acknowledge a difference between direct football to feet and hoofball.
    We would have done them last night with a bit of physicality

They played like a bunch of poncey hairdressers