+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: HULL CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I've not been able to get a working stream - how is Adams doing?
    AT least three good streams posted...what's the problem? Although maybe you should not look...it will only depress you.....

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because we don't have the right players yet. I think Bulut can turn us into a good side if he gets what he wants. He's obviously got the right idea. He wants us to control the ball more. He wants everyone on the pitch to work hard and take responsibility off the ball. I think even the acquisition of KM could make a big difference. Two or three others could really shake things up.
    Not sure what KM can do when we spend our 30% possession kicking it about the back 4. Christ after watching that first half I’m wondering why he’d want to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Ugbo and Colwill should not be anywhere near this team! Both offer nothing! When Bulut gets his signings which he will… you won’t see either again..
    Agreed.

It's not hard to see why Bulut doesn't want Colwill starting games. And why he shouldn't be.

Sooner or later we need to be looking at including some of the younger players......seen a few games and some promising displays...can they do any worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Ugbo and Colwill should not be anywhere near this team! Both offer nothing! When Bulut gets his signings which he will… you won’t see either again..
    You can't say that about Colwill. According to some on this forum, he's the creative spark we desperately need.
    I'd argue he's simply not athletic enough for the modern game.

HT Stats:

Goals: 1-0
    Shots: 8-2
    On target: 3-0
    Fouls: 5-8
    Corners: 7-0
    Bookings: 0-0
    Red cards: 0-0
    Possession: 66%-34%
    Attendance: 20,352

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    AT least three good streams posted...what's the problem? Although maybe you should not look...it will only depress you.....
    Well, Mo... there is the small issue of me being in China and my VPN is no longer working.

You can't say that about Colwill. According to some on this forum, he's the creative spark we desperately need.
    No one can turn a game on their own, especially for a team like us. We just don’t want it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Agreed.

It's not hard to see why Bulut doesn't want Colwill starting games. And why he shouldn't be.
    If he didn't want him starting games he wouldn't have started the last two. The problem is the same as it's been for years, we don't have a midfielder who can link defence and attack. Siopis won't pass forwards more than 5 yards and Adams isn't comfortable on the ball. We've seen all season that the 10 regardless of who it is has had to drop incredibly deep just to get a touch on the ball. That's fine when it's Aaron Ramsey because he's just better than everyone else on the pitch, it's not fine when it's Robinson or Colwill. The manager has to see that.

I have no idea what we're trying to achieve with this front three, none seem to value possession and smash it away at the first opportunity. Our only chance of scoring is a set piece

Well, Mo... there is the small issue of me being in China and my VPN is no longer working.
    HAve they blocked VPN'S? I use NordVPN..paid for but good.

The younger Colwill looks good....as does Crole, who also seems well built.

Bowler fro Ugbo...who really needs to go back from where he came....

I would LOVE Colwill senior to crack on....but what is he now ? 21/22? He should be further ahead than he is.

Bowler for Ugbo

He doesn’t exactly grab the game by the scruff of the neck, does he? He’s there to be the fulcrum of the side, it’s looking increasingly more that he’s isn’t capable of the role unfortunately. Ugbo off, Bowler on.

HAve they blocked VPN'S? I use NordVPN..paid for but good.
    NordVPN doesn't work in China, neither does Surfshark or Express VPN.

sigh..

NordVPN doesn't work in China, neither does Surfshark or Express VPN.

sigh..
    Well..any consolation...you would only be further depressed....

what about the built in VPN from Chrome/Opera/Brave?

A lot of criticism for Colwill here, but has Adams actually touched the ball?

Our passing accuracy in the final third was 43% against their 75% I think- suggests City don't know what they're doing with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A lot of criticism for Colwill here, but has Adams actually touched the ball?
    Adams isnt the golden child though!!

Siopis has just earned himself the most ridiculous yellow card of the season and they've scored off the back of a free kick form his poor pass

Great work lads.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Siopis has just earned himself the most ridiculous yellow card of the season and they've scored off the back of a free kick form his poor pass

Great work lads.
    Bullying there from the taller Stroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No one can turn a game on their own, especially for a team like us. We just don’t want it.
    Agreed, however, Colwill is part of the malaise.

Siopis!!! His wayward cross field ball led to the free kick, then booked, the 0-2!!!

I’m pretty sure there was a foul on one of our players before he then gave them the free kick. Unfortunately we’ve got what we deserved so far. No attacking threat, poor ball retention, etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Adams isnt the golden child though!!
    So we should accept a poor performance from some players? Our midfield are terrified of passing the ball forward, how is the number 10 meant to perform with that?