+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: HULL CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Sooner or later we need to be looking at including some of the younger players......seen a few games and some promising displays...can they do any worse?

The younger Colwill looks good....as does Crole, who also seems well built.

34% possession, 2 shots, neither of them on target, 0 corners.

Shite

Well, that was a first half of nothing - best thing about it is that it’s only 1-0.

Both full backs having a torrid time.
    Ugbo....Colwill....Grant...offering nothing up front. Meite drifted out from the game after one or two moments.
    Siopis nowhere to be seen....Goutas not his usual self.....
    Adams given too many free kicks and cannot pass.

All is as usual..........I don't really see any changes that would alter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Ugbo and Colwill should not be anywhere near this team! Both offer nothing! When Bulut gets his signings which he will… you won’t see either again..
    You can't say that about Colwill. According to some on this forum, he's the creative spark we desperately need.
    I'd argue he's simply not athletic enough for the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You can't say that about Colwill. According to some on this forum, he's the creative spark we desperately need.
    He doesn’t exactly grab the game by the scruff of the neck, does he? He’s there to be the fulcrum of the side, it’s looking increasingly more that he’s isn’t capable of the role unfortunately. Ugbo off, Bowler on.

HT Stats:

Goals: 1-0
    Shots: 8-2
    On target: 3-0
    Fouls: 5-8
    Corners: 7-0
    Bookings: 0-0
    Red cards: 0-0
    Possession: 66%-34%
    Attendance: 20,352

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    AT least three good streams posted...what's the problem? Although maybe you should not look...it will only depress you.....
    Well, Mo... there is the small issue of me being in China and my VPN is no longer working.

Well, Mo... there is the small issue of me being in China and my VPN is no longer working.
    HAve they blocked VPN'S? I use NordVPN..paid for but good.

No one can turn a game on their own, especially for a team like us. We just don’t want it.

Bowler fro Ugbo...who really needs to go back from where he came....

I would LOVE Colwill senior to crack on....but what is he now ? 21/22? He should be further ahead than he is.

Bowler for Ugbo

AT least three good streams posted...what's the problem? Although maybe you should not look...it will only depress you.....
    HAve they blocked VPN'S? I use NordVPN..paid for but good.
    NordVPN doesn't work in China, neither does Surfshark or Express VPN.

sigh..

NordVPN doesn't work in China, neither does Surfshark or Express VPN.

sigh..
    Well..any consolation...you would only be further depressed....

what about the built in VPN from Chrome/Opera/Brave?

Stupid free kick to give away by Collins.....just shepherd the player sideways......even more stupid booking by Siopis.
    Game over.....
    Think this could get ugly....4-0?

...I wrote that before their third.......ok 5 -0

A lot of criticism for Colwill here, but has Adams actually touched the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A lot of criticism for Colwill here, but has Adams actually touched the ball?
    Adams isnt the golden child though!!

Siopis!!! His wayward cross field ball led to the free kick, then booked, the 0-2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Adams isnt the golden child though!!
    So we should accept a poor performance from some players? Our midfield are terrified of passing the ball forward, how is the number 10 meant to perform with that?

So we should accept a poor performance from some players? Our midfield are terrified of passing the ball forward, how is the number 10 meant to perform with that?
    Of course not but I’m sure Adams hasn’t been lauded the way Colwill has. What’s a number got to do with things? Good players make thing happen, Colwill, amongst others does so very rarely. His case has been put forward more than any other, he flatters to deceive unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Of course not but I’m sure Adams hasn’t been lauded the way Colwill has. What’s a number got to do with things? Good players make thing happen, Colwill, amongst others does so very rarely. His case has been put forward more than any other, he flatters to deceive unfortunately.
    What does his position have to do with things? Are you expecting him or Robinson to consistently collect the ball from the back 4 and create chances? It's essential to have a midfield that can actually provide the ball to our forward players with consistency otherwise we won't create anything, as we've seen over the past month. Just saying "good players make things happen" isn't an answer to our attacking problems, they're the same with Colwill or Robinson in that position.

We changed the way we played at the start of the season to have more defensive stability, that's vanishing as well now. We need to mix things up, they're incredibly stale

Is Colwill lauded? Some people rate him, some people don't. He gets far more shit than almost anyone else

Maybe he's the reason they're afraid to pass forward. He's capable of brilliance, but more often than not he'll lose the ball. The more I see of him, the more one-dimensional of a player I think he is. He's clearly not interested in defending. He just wants to get the ball and make something happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    ...... He's clearly not interested in defending. He just wants to get the ball and make something happen.
    yes...but he rarely does....as I said he's what 21/22 now? There are players younger than him tearing up the PL...and even in the Championship are much more productive. Sadly I don't think he's going to make even at this level....he is too laid back.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe he's the reason they're afraid to pass forward. He's capable of brilliance, but more often than not he'll lose the ball. The more I see of him, the more one-dimensional of a player I think he is. He's clearly not interested in defending. He just wants to get the ball and make something happen.
    Yeah, maybe this is why we don't like passing to any of our other players too, so we just pass to the opposition to save time.