+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: HULL CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I know I have been critical...but I believe Bulut is the right manager and needs at least two transfer windows to make his mark.

No one had played well today but Collins has been awful, which is surprising.

Also, Grant, Ugbo, Etete and Meite are SO frustrating to watch in that they constantly concede possession so easily. It must drive their team mates mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I know I have been critical...but I believe Bulut is the right manager and needs at least two transfer windows to make his mark.
    Spot on. We are currently missing Ramsey and Ralls big time. 3 quality additions in January will help and also hopefully strengthen the overall squad

Hard to understand how we've got this bad after a promising run.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Hard to understand how we've got this bad after a promising run.
    It really is.

wow dreadfull today... piss poor

this is just a fitness training session, we need key players to do much better than this, and then add a few players in jan

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Spot on. We are currently missing Ramsey and Ralls big time. 3 quality additions in January will help and also hopefully strengthen the overall squad
    We need two in midfield and a holding forward and someone to score off him

None of our current forwards do either

Re: FT: HULL CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I'd love to know who watched Ugbo play and thought he was good enough. Terrible player.

Don't see why we don't try Grant up front, he played there before and is hardly impacting the game from the wing. We're so rigid.

Sheff Wed picking up...another banana skin?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Can it really be said the we are missing Ramsey when he has only appeared 6 times in 22 games (and was substituted each time)?
    The default position is that he doesn't play by default, as it were.

Ends 3- 0 to Hull. Another awful performance from Cardiff. Can't pass, can't hold up the ball, can't score, can't defend. We're struggling.

Dire

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What does his position have to do with things? Are you expecting him or Robinson to consistently collect the ball from the back 4 and create chances? It's essential to have a midfield that can actually provide the ball to our forward players with consistency otherwise we won't create anything, as we've seen over the past month. Just saying "good players make things happen" isn't an answer to our attacking problems, they're the same with Colwill or Robinson in that position.

We changed the way we played at the start of the season to have more defensive stability, that's vanishing as well now. We need to mix things up, they're incredibly stale

Is Colwill lauded? Some people rate him, some people don't. He gets far more shit than almost anyone else
    Sorry, I don’t do no.10s, no.8s etc, they’re midfielders. Yes I do expect our supposed creative midfielders to make themselves available 100% of the time when our defenders are in possession. That’s they’re bloody job.

No point blaming individuals when everyone from one to eleven is poor. The team’s confidence is completely shot and we’re in a rut where it’s hard to see where the next point is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Can it really be said the we are missing Ramsey when he has only appeared 6 times in 22 games (and was substituted each time)?
    Ramsey won't be making much impact on this team this season

In fact that might well be that

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think it can, a Rambo in the team makes it a better team ( even if it is just for 70 mins a game )

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No point blaming individuals when everyone from one to eleven is poor. The team’s confidence is completely shot and we’re in a rut where it’s hard to see where the next point is coming from.
    5 points off the play offs

It really isn't all death and famine

Meanwhile elsewhere, Sheffield Wednesday have come back to win again and will now undoubtedly hammer us next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The way we’ve played in the last month we may as well be twenty five points off them. The only saving graces from today are that we only lost 3-0 and that some of them raised their game a bit in the last half an hour when it could have got very bad.

That's literally the only crumb of comfort we have right now. Defensively we're shot. We've barely created a really good chance in open play in a couple of months. Confidence is low. But no problems, we're 5 points from the playoffs and all will be great again soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sorry, I don’t do no.10s, no.8s etc, they’re midfielders. Yes I do expect our supposed creative midfielders to make themselves available 100% of the time when our defenders are in possession. That’s they’re bloody job.
    He's playing in behind the striker so no it's not his job to pick the ball up from the defenders. The setup is that he should be receiving the ball from the holding midfielders, not dropping back 30 yards and isolating the striker

Thing is he (and Robinson and Ramsey) have had to make themselves available for the ball from the defenders all season because of the lack of passing ability in our midfield. Like I said that's fine when Ramsey does it due to his quality, Robinson and Colwill aren't anywhere near his standard (obviously) and can't pick the ball up in the right back position and create something the way he can.

Everything has gone flat in that team and it's not down to one individual, none of them are playing well. What's annoying is that we seemingly refuse to mix things up, it's like for like changes and seems as though we're just waiting for January

...and I still don't get why Wales Onlne is HULL based....with it's pictures....news...commentary etc...

What we need to do is bypass the crap midfield and play it long. Bulut needs a plan b,c and d. Instead of the same rubbish tactics he,s trying to play. Oof it up the park and get the team to the halfway line.

Agreed but did you enjoy the football that was served up?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ...and I still don't get why Wales Onlne is HULL based....with it's pictures....news...commentary etc...
    Are you on Hull Live?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...f-live-8979594

Same company run the local newspaper sites so they all look similar and are full of the same shite clickbait.

Or WalesOnline are using the data from their sister paper