+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: HULL CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: HULL CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    What we need to do is bypass the crap midfield and play it long. Bulut needs a plan b,c and d. Instead of the same rubbish tactics he,s trying to play. Oof it up the park and get the team to the halfway line.
    Exactly, two out of three of Hull's goals were from playing it long. As much as I appreciate what Bullut has done for the club so far this season, we have got to stop this passing around at the back, making it as far as midfield, or halfway into the opposition half and then losing it, time after time after time.

Re: HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I think it can, a Rambo in the team makes it a better team ( even if it is just for 70 mins a game )
    We are missing someone who normally doesn't play then.

You look at that starting 11 today and to be fair it’s not a very good team is it. We knew the squad was thin but when we have injuries we need players to step up, they haven’t and even the better likes like Siopis, Collins etc are playing below par.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    AT least three good streams posted...what's the problem? Although maybe you should not look...it will only depress you.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ramsey won't be making much impact on this team this season

In fact that might well be that
    Sadly, I think you might be right.

Weren't we told not so long ago that Ramsey was likely to return before O'Dowda?
    Now we're hearing Ramsey isn't likely to return until some time after the middle of next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sadly, I think you might be right.

Weren't we told not so long ago that Ramsey was likely to return before O'Dowda?
    Now we're hearing Ramsey isn't likely to return until some time after the middle of next month.
    Much as I admire him....It's as I feared before the season.....and was shot down a bit for suggesting that I hoped he was on an appearance/availability contract.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So we should accept a poor performance from some players? Our midfield are terrified of passing the ball forward, how is the number 10 meant to perform with that?
    Maybe he's the reason they're afraid to pass forward. He's capable of brilliance, but more often than not he'll lose the ball. The more I see of him, the more one-dimensional of a player I think he is. He's clearly not interested in defending. He just wants to get the ball and make something happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    ...... He's clearly not interested in defending. He just wants to get the ball and make something happen.
    yes...but he rarely does....as I said he's what 21/22 now? There are players younger than him tearing up the PL...and even in the Championship are much more productive. Sadly I don't think he's going to make even at this level....he is too laid back.

Maybe he's the reason they're afraid to pass forward. He's capable of brilliance, but more often than not he'll lose the ball. The more I see of him, the more one-dimensional of a player I think he is. He's clearly not interested in defending. He just wants to get the ball and make something happen.
    Yeah, maybe this is why we don't like passing to any of our other players too, so we just pass to the opposition to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's literally the only crumb of comfort we have right now. Defensively we're shot. We've barely created a really good chance in open play in a couple of months. Confidence is low. But no problems, we're 5 points from the playoffs and all will be great again soon.....
    I dread to think what your life would be like if we were back in division 4

Collins, Siopsis, Ugbo, Meite and Grant were really poor but Colwell gets the most comments

Colwell is like a classy outside half, behind a dominant pack he'll tear you apart but on the back foot he looks a liability.

Everyone has the template on how to beat Cardiff, the manager needs to show he is as good as the talk and change that....

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Agreed but did you enjoy the football that was served up?
    Nobody enjoys losing

We have done too much of that recently

Our good start now seems like a miracle. We were a basic league 1 squad last season and should have gone down, but although we're now playing dreadfully, at least with new faces in January we will stay up. Not having seen Rotherham, can anyone tell me of a Championship club that has a worse squad ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Our good start now seems like a miracle. We were a basic league 1 squad last season and should have gone down, but although we're now playing dreadfully, at least with new faces in January we will stay up. Not having seen Rotherham, can anyone tell me of a Championship club that has a worse squad ?
    Us , according to some of our idiots

Nobody enjoys losing

We have done too much of that recently
    And some are very concerned by this. There doesn't appear to be an end in sight to these woeful performances. Fans can forgive a few bad results as long as the team gives everything and there are decent performances. That's not even happening. Maybe this squad hit its peak in September and that's as good as it'll be this season. I don't believe it's just a case of new faces in January, either. Something doesn't seem right.

And some are very concerned by this. There doesn't appear to be an end in sight to these woeful performances. Fans can forgive a few bad results as long as the team gives everything and there are decent performances. That's not even happening. Maybe this squad hit its peak in September and that's as good as it'll be this season. I don't believe it's just a case of new faces in January, either. Something doesn't seem right.
    They've run out of steam. Bulut has worked the bollocks off this lot and they've hit a wall. Everything is sloppy, there's no composure, players reactions are half a second slower than they were a month ago. Bulut has to arrest this decline, although God knows how he is going to do it. Not one player is showing up at the moment, which tells me that it's a group problem.

It’s a tough ask to get wins if you don’t set out to do so. God knows what he tells his players. I don’t see many away games but at home when we should be forceful and on top from the off, we always give the opposition a free pass, usually until we go behind and have to resort to desperate stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They've run out of steam. Bulut has worked the bollocks off this lot and they've hit a wall. Everything is sloppy, there's no composure, players reactions are half a second slower than they were a month ago. Bulut has to arrest this decline, although God knows how he is going to do it. Not one player is showing up at the moment, which tells me that it's a group problem.
    I think we have players who know Bulut doesn't fancy them and who know they'll be moved on or fall down the pecking order. I think maybe Bulut overestimated their maturity expecting them to work hard to show him they've got what he wants. It looks like that may have backfired. We have some players that are knackered and some that are starting to sulk. I get the impression Bulut expects everything from every player. And we have players that just want to play the way they're used to and the way they prefer.

The last couple of months have not been great, but Bulut has shown me enough that I want to see what he can do in January and beyond. Even these past few games I still see things I like from this team. I'm content to live on those scraps for now.

I think we have players who know Bulut doesn't fancy them and who know they'll be moved on or fall down the pecking order. I think maybe Bulut overestimated their maturity expecting them to work hard to show him they've got what he wants. It looks like that may have backfired. We have some players that are knackered and some that are starting to sulk. I get the impression Bulut expects everything from every player. And we have players that just want to play the way they're used to and the way they prefer.

The last couple of months have not been great, but Bulut has shown me enough that I want to see what he can do in January and beyond. Even these past few games I still see things I like from this team. I'm content to live on those scraps for now.
    Good shout, agree with you about Bulut. He puts responsibility on to the players, i know it's not popular, but i don't mind it, and i don't mind him calling people out either, if they deserve it. I think that he had an initial plan with this group. Work really hard, keep the ball away from the middle of the pitch, get it wide etc. It was working, but it's gone to shit now as it was probably easy to work out. I'm still onside with him, but he needs to get at least three players in who can make a difference in january, otherwise he's ****ed.

I think look at Ramsey and Colwill as maybes and not count on them

Ramsey may or may not be fit

Colwill may or may not turn out to be the player we would like

So bulut should look for 2 new faces in the middle and 2 new faces up front ....or maybe three

Ir Ramsey gets fit and colwill shows what he's about great if not these new signings should see us through

Then next season he can sweep right through

I think that's too dramatic

4 new faces and we have a good side

I think that's too dramatic

4 new faces and we have a good side
    Even 3 new faces, Ramsey, ODowda, Ralls playing makes a totally different look to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Even 3 new faces, Ramsey, ODowda, Ralls playing makes a totally different look to the team.
    Ralls is a very important player for us and whilst he doesn't do anything fancy he's missed when he's not on the pitch

Can't see Ramsey playing much this season or any future seasons. We can't rely on him.

Ralls is a very important player for us and whilst he doesn't do anything fancy he's missed when he's not on the pitch
    Agree, also think we need better or at least another option.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Agree, also think we need better or at least another option.
    Ramsey is a great link between the midfield and attack but he's getting on and he's injured

A would prefer a playmaker in the middle who can play box to box and if he continues to struggle to get fit that's what I think we should sign

I think a kav type player would be perfect