+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tom Lockyer

Tom Lockyer

Worryingly he's collapsed on the pitch again and is receiving treatment on the pitch.

Re: Tom Lockyer

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Worryingly he's collapsed on the pitch again and is receiving treatment on the pitch.
    So worrying

Any consideration for football out of the window right now. Thoughts with Tom.

From Bournemouth doctor he is "Alert and responsive" 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Any consideration for football out of the window right now. Thoughts with Tom.
    Yes puts it all into perspective. He apparently suffers from atrial fibrillation, which nearly killed me last year ( when it becomes ventricular fibrillation or VF you are having a cardiac arrest and need immediate CPR and a defibrillator to survive)

He is,apparently alert now,

so best wishes for him

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes puts it all into perspective. He apparently suffers from atrial fibrillation, which nearly killed me last year ( when it becomes ventricular fibrillation or VF you are having a cardiac arrest and need immediate CPR and a defibrillator to survive)

He is,apparently alert now,

so best wishes for him
    He collapsed in the play off final last summer and returned to playing after treatment and a pacemaker I believe.

Best wishes to him. Good to hear he's 'alert and responsive'

Referee has called the game off.

The match has now been abandoned.

Game abandoned

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    From Bournemouth doctor he is "Alert and responsive" ��
    That’s good news, but I think that could be the end of his career now. I’ve got atrial fibrillation and, obviously, am nowhere near as fit and healthy as he is, but I’ve never collapsed once in the sixteen years I’ve had it, let alone twice. It’s a condition which varies from person to person and it can be something that can be lived with quite easily by many, but it looks like the version Tom has is not in that category.

I wish him all the best with whatever he decides to do from here.

Best wishes to him

Good luck Tom! Hope everything is alright. Your health is far more important than football

Luton Towns Twitter

Our medical staff have confirmed that the Hatters captain suffered cardiac arrest on the pitch, but was responsive by the time he was taken off on the stretcher.

He received further treatment inside the stadium, for which we once again thank the medical teams from both sides.

Tom was transferred to hospital, where we can reassure supporters that he is stable and currently undergoing further tests with his family at his bedside.

We would like to thank everyone for their support, concern and loving messages for Locks. 🧡

Wishing him all the best, just been sent a Video of the Bournmouth fans chanting his name

Best wishes for his recovery. Very worrying and shows how fragile we are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s good news, but I think that could be the end of his career now. I’ve got atrial fibrillation and, obviously, am nowhere near as fit and healthy as he is, but I’ve never collapsed once in the sixteen years I’ve had it, let alone twice. It’s a condition which varies from person to person and it can be something that can be lived with quite easily by many, but it looks like the version Tom has is not in that category.

I wish him all the best with whatever he decides to do from here.
    This being the second time it has happened and now resulting in the game being abandoned, will almost certainly signal the end of his playing career.

Speedy recovery, Tom!

Good luck wherever your path may take you.

I know this is about Tom but….

Rob Edwards, what a class act, everything the guy does and says is with honesty and openly.

A future Wales manager, no doubt about it.

Rob Edwards, what a class act, everything the guy does and says is with honesty and openly.

One I suggested for us, I think he was out of work when we needed a manager. But yes what a job he has done, and seems a genuine guy.

Hope Tom is ok, two incidents now, health is everything.

Absolutely

International

Agreed he comes across so well.

Seems the issue with him last weekend was different to the one in May.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cardiac-arrest

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems the issue with him last weekend was different to the one in May.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cardiac-arrest
    That's some bad luck to have two separate issues with his heart.