+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut comments after Hull defeat

Erol Bulut comments after Hull defeat

From WalesOnlie:

“We saw the quality difference between the two teams. When you want to be in the play-off positions we have to show much, much more – we are far away from that (reaching the top six).

“We didn’t show anything. Maybe in the past I said we want to be around the play-offs, and maybe that was too much pressure on the players.

“I have to ask myself about that. Maybe it was too much for some of the players. I try to get the maximum from the team. Maybe I try to ask too much of the players too quickly.”

Bulut added: “You need to change inside the club or nothing will change today or tomorrow. We have changed a few good things in the club. I have tried to change quickly but maybe it puts too much pressure on the players. I only have one year and I have to change the maximum of what I can do.

“For some players the speed, where I want to go, is too quick, too fast, all of these changes. Maybe we have to put our foot on the brake, not on the speed pedal. But I don't have the time. I'm just trying to change many things.

"Everyone’s frustrated – me, the players and fans – but in this situation we are all together. Before we were in the play-offs, we did it together. Now we also have to do it together.

From CCFC Website:

"I think that the difference in quality was clear today," Erol began. "At least we see the level where we have to be when we want to be there. I know what we can reach it, and we are working hard for that.

"We're trying to build something here in Cardiff City Football Club, so we are new, and many new players came to the Club too. We've started to build something, but it doesn't change much between today and tomorrow, so we need time for this to happen.

"We will continue to work with the players, and with new players who will come perhaps in January to the team. We've lost points again today, and everyone is frustrated, but we need to stick together to get out of this situation and back around the Play-Off spots."

"Today you saw the difference, and you have to be honest," said Erol. "For some teams, they invest a lot over many years. I understand that in the Championship, everything is possible, so when we are back to our ways, we can be close.

"Right now, we have to work hard. It's a frustration for me, for the players and for the fans. You have moments like this, but in these moments you have to stay together.

"It's easy to separate or find problems to put on somebody else, but these problems are our problems, so we need to sort it out all together. We win points together, so now we solve it out together, and quickly."

Re: Erol Bulut comments after Hull defeat

The trouble with being critical of anything our manager says is that it sounds like you’re not prepared to credit him for the good things he’s done, so I’ll emphasise that I definitely don’t want him sacked or anything, but what we’ve seen since the West Brom game is more than “moments”.