+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulut, Bulut, sort it out!

Bulut, Bulut, sort it out!

By my message title it should be obvious that I'm not calling for Bulut to be given the, er, sack, but in recognition that we have a big problem at the moment and hope he can sort out our slide quickly.

Since we convincingly beat Bristol City, we've scored 5 in our last 8, including just the 1 in our last 5. Not only are we looking incapable of scoring, or even creating good chances, we seem to have a lethargy to our play, a lack of urgency that seems easy to play against.

We scored 10 goals in our first 6 games when Ramsey was fit enough to play for us. Some say not having Ramsey has been a problem for our creativity, yet we managed to score 13 goals in the next 8 when he was injured, so this side is more than capable of scoring and being creative without Ramsey.

Fast forward to today and we've scored 1 goal in open play in our last 8 games. That is truly pitiful and as bad as anything that was served up last season. In fact, over the last 5 or 8 games, we're the lowest scorers in the Championship. Considering we were 4th highest scorers little over 2 months, ago, that's some decline. We've shown we can cope without Ramsey, we have to find ways as we know he'll never manage a full season.

I was interested to hear that Kieffer Moore isn't necessarily the answer to our problems, echoed by both Jason Perry and Nathan Blake, on the grounds that our wingers don't get many crosses into the box and we don't get attacking midfielders running beyond the striker when Moore holds up the ball.

I hope Bulut knows what the answers are. This is his first major problem and how he comes out of it will decide his City future. This season is still about survival, I couldn't care less about being 5 points from the playoffs. It's about building for next season, the one after and so on. We'll have spells like this, it's about how we pull ourselves out of it.

Re: Bulut, Bulut, sort it out!

I think today looking at that starting 11 shows how thin the squad is, that 11 isnt great no matter the manager, but I guess that’s what’s happens working under an embargo. We are missing key players and we just don’t have the squad but must do better.

Totally disagree on the Moore point,, firstly he would be a focal point which would bring others into the game which currently none of our strikers can (Maybe Etete?). The crosses point is a bit draft, Ugbo other than Preston isn’t someone who want it’s in the air, Meite has missed a few decent crosses. I’m sure if instructed they could put a decent cross as can NG and Collins.

Obviously we can’t play the same with Ugbo or Meite upfront as we would with Moore.

Bulut has to take his fair share as well, Runnerson coming in was a poor decision.

I hope Moore doesn't sign for us - for his sake. We are truly dire and couldn't give him supply last time he was with us and he was flogged to death with high balls with his back to goal. He deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I hope Moore doesn't sign for us - for his sake. We are truly dire and couldn't give him supply last time he was with us and he was flogged to death with high balls with his back to goal. He deserves better.
    Why do you care about Kieffer Moore?

Better? He’s sat on the bench at Bournemouth at best.

He's at the end of his career , sitting on his arse

We need a target man

I think it's a mutual benefit situation

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's at the end of his career , sitting on his arse

We need a target man

I think it's a mutual benefit situation
    I think the point from Perry and Blake was that a target man isn't what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think the point from Perry and Blake was that a target man isn't what we need.
    Do you agree?

I couldn’t disagree more, we need a striker who will put a shift in that’s decent with his back to goal to bring others into play and also add goals. If it isn’t Moore we are crying out for alone just like him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Do you agree?

I couldn’t disagree more, we need a striker who will put a shift in that’s decent with his back to goal to bring others into play and also add goals. If it isn’t Moore we are crying out for alone just like him.
    No, I think our ineffective midfield is the biggest problem. When Ramsey played he was the link. We haven't found that link and our midfield has got deeper and deeper.

Our forwards are crap because of the way we set up and don't support them.

I think they are both wrong

If we can't get Moore then someone like him or a Peter Thorne type player would be ideal to get some goals and provide for others

I think they are both wrong

If we can't get Moore then someone like him or a Peter Thorne type player would be ideal to get some goals and provide for others
    Who is going to provide the assists and support?

At the moment we can't even generate half decent scoring opportunities. We don't have midfielders who get beyond attackers as they're all defensive. We haven't got wingers.

No, I think our ineffective midfield is the biggest problem. When Ramsey played he was the link. We haven't found that link and our midfield has got deeper and deeper.

Our forwards are crap because of the way we set up and don't support them.
    Ramsey isn't a Kav type player .....and he's the sort of midfield general we need

That's what we need long term to play in the middle with defensive midfielders like siopis , ralls and Wintle doing the dirty work

Who is going to provide the assists and support?

At the moment we can't even generate half decent scoring opportunities. We don't have midfielders who get beyond attackers as they're all defensive. We haven't got wingers.
    Don't need wingers

Overlapping full backs , wing backs etc

Chris Barker used to bang in great crosses

We need a box to box midfield general who pulls the strings you are not going to get that with colwill or an injury prone Ramsey now

It's no good bringing in a manager who thinks he can get a mediocre squad playing like a pep guardiola team. He would probably make a great manager with a talented squad.

Don't need wingers

We need a box to box midfield general who pulls the strings you are not going to get that with colwill or an injury prone Ramsey now
    Neither are box to box generals. Neither does Bulut get full backs that forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    It's no good bringing in a manager who thinks he can get a mediocre squad playing like a pep guardiola team. He would probably make a great manager with a talented squad.
    I think he's done a very good job getting us 30 points

Now until we get new faces he's going to have to work with what he's got

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    In fairness, you've got no interest unless we're playing long ball.

I think he's done a very good job getting us 30 points

Now until we get new faces he's going to have to work with what he's got
    That's going well.....

Neither are box to box generals. Neither does Bulut get full backs that forward.
    You don't need wingers or number tens if you have wide backs

Were you watching us when kav was pulling the strings and we had earnie up top with Thorne?

In fairness, you've got no interest unless we're playing long ball.
    Well playing from the back is working well lol

That's going well.....

Listen Mr Miserable

You were quiet when we were accumulating points

Now you are back at the school gates , selling ciggies to the kids

Clear off !

I heard we are in for Gary Hooper.

Don't need wingers

Agree with that last point Sludge....Much as I would have liked him to succeed, Colwill is 22 next April and should be starting to dictate play - he isn't. He is also lethargic. I suspect his younger brother will have more success. As for Ramsey, again I wanted to believe, but there seems to be a view on here that when he returns all will be well. Sadly, I suspect that he will soon get injured again and miss most of the rest of the season.

Bulut needs time and a few transfer windows...and needs to get rid of some of the dross. It would be encouraging to see some of the youngsters on the bench at least instead of the usual duds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Agree with that last point Sludge....Much as I would have liked him to succeed, Colwill is 22 next April and should be starting to dictate play - he isn't. He is also lethargic. I suspect his younger brother will have more success. As for Ramsey, again I wanted to believe, but there seems to be a view on here that when he returns all will be well. Sadly, I suspect that he will soon get injured again and miss most of the rest of the season.

Bulut needs time and a few transfer windows...and needs to get rid of some of the dross. It would be encouraging to see some of the youngsters on the bench at least instead of the usual duds.
    This last point intrigues me. Sawyers and rino have been honest squad players for us. But clearly have no future as city first squad members. So with Joe, wintle and Rambo out why not have Joel colwill on bench yesterday. We have 30 points, we’re mid table and I know you can never count chickens, but surely a game to bring him into squad. Odd for me.

My only criticism of Bulut is he has been very slow almost blind to the predicament we have now. Ralls and Siopsis with NG tucking in almost gave us parity against most teams in the middle of the park and gave the four "attackers" a chance of decent controlled ball.

We do not have ready-made replacements for those players but we still persevere with the same formation and tactics. Robinson adds nothing to our midfield whereas Colwell does and he has the same strike and assist rate as Callum.

The wingers have been poor because we do not give them decent ball, the same for Colwell. How many times has Colwell played in front of Ralls and Siopsis ?

Yesterday the third midfielder should have been Ronomhota not Colwell, we are in the keep it tight and nick one stage as we just need to dig it out. Adams as the base of a double pivot is madness in the championship, he is a lower league dog, let him be that if you must play him. Whack it forward and scrap.
    We are not good enough to go away to any team and control the ball unless everyone is available then that is only for the bottom half.

I think the championship has caught out the manager, he is a bright guy I am sure he'll suss what needs to happen but IMO he has been very naive.

And I very much doubt O'Dowda will be inverted and he knocks in Whitt like balls