+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Drakeford blames NHS waiting lists on people not coming forward during Covid.

Mark Drakeford blames NHS waiting lists on people not coming forward during Covid.

Re: Mark Drakeford blames NHS waiting lists on people not coming forward during Covid.

I had cause to be at the Heath this week gone, I would praise those who looked after the patient (not me BTW) but the place was like a fuking zoo, on arriving at A & E, the very 1st thing witnessed was a lad be frogmarched about in hand cuffs, saying no more but the staff who have to put up this shit I just don't now how they do it, more police in A & E than staff, kicked off last night in the boozer in Newport last night, i had enough Friday night and as a lightweight drank soda water last night and wanted to be aware of what was going on in a not very nice town, it was obvious it was going to kick off and moved my wife and daughter away to another area in the pub before the inevitable happened the bouncers were on it in a flash and it was dealt with very well, the taxi rank in the port was like being being in the Star Wars bar at Mos Eisley, i have two more functions I'm committed to next week, but once they are done that's me finished for going out over the Xmas period.

Re: Mark Drakeford blames NHS waiting lists on people not coming forward during Covid.

A walking / talking / rambling example of the Peter Principle in action.
    The Peter principle is where someone gets promoted again and again to get them out the way - until they get to a level where they get found out and display their uselessness for all to see - and then pensioned off.

The problem is - once he has gone there is a long list of equally incompetents who believe their own hype. Like Vaughan Gething - the Health minister who never read the pandemic preparation report https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...-read-27255588
    Before him we had Dr Gibbons the Health Minister who voted down his own legislation after pressing the wrong voting button - TWICE - blaming it on his left handedness.
    It's not a Senedd it's a circus - with Drakeford the head clown

What’s he saying that is wrong? Appointments for treatment of non Covid conditions were postponed because the pandemic was the priority and there were others who did not attend hospital appointments because they were scared of catching Covid. You may disagree sith the decisions the WAG took, but they can’t be changed now and backlogs were created or made worse because, rightly or wrongly, Drakeford’s Government, and the ones in the rest of the UK, made dealing with the pandemic the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What’s he saying that is wrong? Appointments for treatment of non Covid conditions were postponed because the pandemic was the priority and there were others who did not attend hospital appointments because they were scared of catching Covid. You may disagree sith the decisions the WAG took, but they can’t be changed now and backlogs were created or made worse because, rightly or wrongly, Drakeford’s Government, and the ones in the rest of the UK, made dealing with the pandemic the priority.

The hospitals were empty, the population were told to stay home and protect the NHS , and many of the population were scared the pants off by the government messaging.

If in doubt blame his own population- gaslighting his own citizens

If you think he’s right then you’re entitled to your opinion.

Not sure why a virus with an average age of death in excess of a normal person is such a high priority over incurable diseases.

Still, The three leaders who oversaw the British response to Covid have now all resigned.…..

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I had cause to be at the Heath this week gone, I would praise those who looked after the patient (not me BTW) but the place was like a fuking zoo, on arriving at A & E, the very 1st thing witnessed was a lad be frogmarched about in hand cuffs, saying no more but the staff who have to put up this shit I just don't now how they do it, more police in A & E than staff, kicked off last night in the boozer in Newport last night, i had enough Friday night and as a lightweight drank soda water last night and wanted to be aware of what was going on in a not very nice town, it was obvious it was going to kick off and moved my wife and daughter away to another area in the pub before the inevitable happened the bouncers were on it in a flash and it was dealt with very well, the taxi rank in the port was like being being in the Star Wars bar at Mos Eisley, i have two more functions I'm committed to next week, but once they are done that's me finished for going out over the Xmas period.
    Which pub were you in?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The hospitals were empty, the population were told to stay home and protect the NHS , and many of the population were scared the pants off by the government messaging.

If in doubt blame his own population- gaslighting his own citizens

If you think he’s right then you’re entitled to your opinion.

Not sure why a virus with an average age of death in excess of a normal person is such a high priority over incurable diseases.

Still, The three leaders who oversaw the British response to Covid have now all resigned.…..
    My use of the term “rightly or wrongly” should tell you I’m not wholly behind him (I was watching highlights of our FA Cup game with Preston in 2022 this morning which was played behind closed doors because of a WAG decision I didn’t agree with at the time and still don’t now), but his answer in the video is factually true.

Do you think Johnson, Sturgeon and Drakeford resigned because of the response to Covid (I think I’m right in saying that Drakeford announced his intention to resign around now before the pandemic)? Maybe it was a contributing factor in Johnson going, but I can’t see it with Sturgeon or Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My use of the term “rightly or wrongly” should tell you I’m not wholly behind him (I was watching highlights of our FA Cup game with Preston in 2022 this morning which was played behind closed doors because of a WAG decision I didn’t agree with at the time and still don’t now), but his answer in the video is factually true.

Do you think Johnson, Sturgeon and Drakeford resigned because of the response to Covid (I think I’m right in saying that Drakeford announced his intention to resign around now before the pandemic)? Maybe it was a contributing factor in Johnson going, but I can’t see it with Sturgeon or Drakeford.
    There is plenty of chatter regarding the resignations of the leaders questioned so from what I’ve read I do think there is an indirect correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There is plenty of chatter regarding the resignations of the leaders questioned so from what I’ve read I do think there is an indirect correlation.
    'Plenty of chatter' you say?

Well I'm convinced. Never argue with 'plenty of chatter'!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Which pub were you in?
    In the port last night?, The potters, I've been there quite a few times to watch bands and usually it is O.K but last night almost from
    having to queue outside to get in it didn't feel quite right, I wont go there again, years ago i used to go to the Claude almost every weekend to watch the bands and it changed almost overnight from i thought, a friendly safe pub to an unpleasant one, I've not been in there for maybe 2 or 3 years now, my goto pub in town at the moment is the head of steam (the old harvester next to the Old A) it's been OK in there thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Plenty of chatter' you say?

Well I'm convinced. Never argue with 'plenty of chatter'!
    Quite that being said you can’t not disagree that he’s gaslighting people though can you ?

In the port last night?, The potters, I've been there quite a few times to watch bands and usually it is O.K but last night almost from
    having to queue outside to get in it didn't feel quite right, I wont go there again, years ago i used to go to the Claude almost every weekend to watch the bands and it changed almost overnight from i thought, a friendly safe pub to an unpleasant one, I've not been in there for maybe 2 or 3 years now, my goto pub in town at the moment is the head of steam (the old harvester next to the Old A) it's been OK in there thus far.
    Sadly the Claude has gone downhill in recent years although I believe a new, permanent manager is now in situ, so maybe it'll improve.

The internal structural changes just before covid ruined it for me and most of the, then, regulars by removing the Oak Room bar and thus creating one enormous warehouse of a pub.

Then again I'm probably just getting old and large, crowded and "lively" pubs are not my thing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Sadly the Claude has gone downhill in recent years although I believe a new, permanent manager is now in situ, so maybe it'll improve.

The internal structural changes just before covid ruined it for me and most of the, then, regulars by removing the Oak Room bar and thus creating one enormous warehouse of a pub.

Then again I'm probably just getting old and large, crowded and "lively" pubs are not my thing anymore.
    It was the drug culture CB, suddenly became a druggies paradise you could get high just going for a pi**

I quite like The Potters, always seems fine in there.
    Slipping Jimmy’s, McCans and Le Pub all by The Murenger/train station are good for live music all with more of an ”alternative feel/crowd” in them.