+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shine On You Crazy Diamond by The Daily Doug

Shine On You Crazy Diamond by The Daily Doug

Moving away from the Politics for an hour !!!!!

Most are aware of Rick Beato and the brilliant analysis he does, next best to Beato IMO

if you like the theory behind the music, a fabulous analysis of, (and only if you like Prog)
    one of the classic prog tracks, pissed up on Newccy brown, lying on your back, on the floor with lights out, and some good quality cans, (back in the day ) prefer this album over DSOTM if you were into esoteric 80's hifi and i was, but couldn't afford the top end stuff at the time, this was an album to demonstrate the quality of the equipment I used to go to the hifi shows at Bristol yearly just so i could get to listen to the top end gear and distinctly remember hearing for the 1st time Floyd's Final Cut on a Linn Sondek LP12, around £400 to £600 back then depending on which tone arm and cartridge you went for, the reviewer does make a comment on the quality of the recordings back then (analogue), circumstances at the moment dictates that my Turntable and gear is packed up and in the attic awaiting return to the fore and thus all music is currently listened via headphones, or in the car or via Bluetooth speakers at the moment.

Re: Shine On You Crazy Diamond by The Daily Doug

I hugely enjoy Rick Beato and often watch the Daily Doug (although I sometimes think that he is more interested in naming the notes played rather than 'getting into' the music, as it were). Pleasant chap though. My secret vice is watching this opera singer review heavy rock, heavy metal and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I hugely enjoy Rick Beato and often watch the Daily Doug (although I sometimes think that he is more interested in naming the notes played rather than 'getting into' the music, as it were). Pleasant chap though. My secret vice is watching this opera singer review heavy rock, heavy metal and the like.

T.B.G I'm no musician but love the explanations of step ups, key changes, using the 5th and the rest not sure why but just find it interesting and adds to music I listen to

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    T.B.G I'm no musician but love the explanations of step ups, key changes, using the 5th and the rest not sure why but just find it interesting and adds to music I listen to
    I am also clueless regarding music theory but I endlessly listen to Beato's technical explanations too!