+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another 'Oven-Ready Brexit' Shambles!

Another 'Oven-Ready Brexit' Shambles!

Joe Biden signals he has no interest in signing US-UK trade agreement

Ministers have given up on signing a trade agreement with the US before the next election, after the Biden administration signalled it had no interest in agreeing one.

British officials had been hoping to agree a “foundational trade partnership” before both countries head to the polls in the next 12 months, having already decided not to pursue a full-blown free trade agreement.

However, sources briefed on the talks say they are no longer taking place, thanks to reluctance among senior Democrats to open US markets to more foreign-made goods. The story was first revealed by Politico.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rade-agreement

Over 7 years since the referendum.

Almost 4 years since the UK left the EU

Over 42 months since the trade deal talks supposedly started.

Result? Nothing!

Re: Another 'Oven-Ready Brexit' Shambles!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Ministers have given up on signing a trade agreement with the US before the next election, after the Biden administration signalled it had no interest in agreeing one.

British officials had been hoping to agree a “foundational trade partnership” before both countries head to the polls in the next 12 months, having already decided not to pursue a full-blown free trade agreement.

However, sources briefed on the talks say they are no longer taking place, thanks to reluctance among senior Democrats to open US markets to more foreign-made goods. The story was first revealed by Politico.

Result? Nothing!
    I may be wrong here but didn’t a majority vote of free thinking individuals decided the Brexit result after the vote was given to us as part of the democratic process.

Isn’t this the same processes that gave Scotland the vote on independence and like many because the result didn't go the way the minority wanted we still have the fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I may be wrong here but didn’t a majority vote of free thinking individuals decided the Brexit result after the vote was given to us as part of the democratic process.

Isn’t this the same processes that gave Scotland the vote on independence and like many because the result didn't go the way the minority wanted we still have the fall out.
    I have no idea what your point is.

The Brexit campaign and the post-Brexit May and Johnson governments claimed that as US-UK trade deal (with Trump at the time) would be easy.... would be quick.... would be the crown jewel of trade deals.... and Trump talked his usual bullshit about trade between the UK and US being four or five times higher than pre-Brexit.

It was supposed to be 'oven ready'.

It has been anything but. It has been mired in hard nosed negotiations (and the thread about the NHS and the cost and danger of us opening up to US facilities and drug companies touched on this).

Liz Truss thought it might take as long as the autumn of 2023 to get it done. In the summer Sunak started to play down the idea. Now it has disappeared into the far distance - after US and UK elections.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/06/b...gbr/index.html

Incompetence, lies (or to be generous, fantasies) and mis-selling = shambles!

I have no idea what your point is.

The Brexit campaign and the post-Brexit May and Johnson governments claimed that as US-UK trade deal (with Trump at the time) would be easy.... would be quick.... would be the crown jewel of trade deals.... and Trump talked his usual bullshit about trade between the UK and US being four or five times higher than pre-Brexit.

It was supposed to be 'oven ready'.

It has been anything but. It has been mired in hard nosed negotiations (and the thread about the NHS and the cost and danger of us opening up to US facilities and drug companies touched on this).

Liz Truss thought it might take as long as the autumn of 2023 to get it done. In the summer Sunak started to play down the idea. Now it has disappeared into the far distance - after US and UK elections.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/06/b...gbr/index.html

Incompetence, lies (or to be generous, fantasies) and mis-selling = shambles!
    Talking about fantasies, here is WalesBales's triumphant opening salvo in 2019!

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ght=trade+deal

You lost me at ‘free-thinking’

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You lost me at ‘free-thinking’

Can’t you read or understand the democratic process ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Talking about fantasies, here is WalesBales's triumphant opening salvo in 2019!

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ght=trade+deal
    What’s Wales Bales got to do with this post , what are you talking about now , trying to be a **** again right ?

What’s Wales Bales got to do with this post , what are you talking about now , trying to be a **** again right ?
    You must miss him. Still he was always telling us how gifted he was in predicting the future and how stupid sheeple were in comparison. This is just one example of his overblown hubris.

Can’t you read or understand the democratic process ?
    They were led by the nose with a pack of lies.

Result? Nothing!
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, only another year to wait.
    This is a resident who
    Has never looked for peace in Ukraine
    Isnt interested in sorting out Gaza
    A distasterous withdrawal from Afghanistan
    Inflation running away
    And was going to bring decency to the Whitehouse.
    COCAINE found there the other month,
    The week gone one of the staffers being filmed
    bent over taking some backdoor treatment
    One of his skirt wearing but have a dick picks, caught stealing luggage.
    The Marco polo report clearly demonstrating his sons disgusting habits, his son defying to turn up for his subpoena last weeks, the 3 junior Trump's turned up and got questioned, the bloke and his family are a disaster and he will be replaced, I'm not so certain it will be big Mike as a web is being cast over the Obama at the moment and their name will be dirt in the not too distant future, one of His staff has recently drowned!!!!!!! on his estate and after the cover up, info is being dripped out, could you just imagine the front page coverage if one of Trump's chef drowned in a swimming pool at Mar a Largo, he knew too much, he was going to the press etc. etc. Here's my Forcast for 2024.

Two cases against Trump will collapse with the prosecutors looking stupid, he still might get porridge however.
    The election steal will become clear it cannot be done this time.
    Scare events will take place (nuclear)
    It's already in the news regularly, a cyber attack will be declared and the election canceled. But counter measures are in place and the US will get paper ballots. The Q brigade are adamant that the military will step in at some point, the reason for Trump creating spaceforce who are outside the branch of government who control the army and airforce, I don't buy this but the cyber attack play book IMO is almost a certainty, the deep state always fore shadow and project, Obama via Netflix has just put out a film on this very subject. I'll person up when I'm wrong, it's no big deal 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    This is a resident who
    Inflation running away
    The Marco polo report clearly demonstrating his sons disgusting habits, his son defying to turn up for his subpoena last weeks, the 3 junior Trump's turned up and got questioned, the bloke and his family are a disaster and he will be replaced, I'm not so certain it will be big Mike as a web is being cast over the Obama at the moment and their name will be dirt in the not too distant future, one of His staff has recently drowned!!!!!!! on his estate and after the cover up, info is being dripped out, could you just imagine the front page coverage if one of Trump's chef drowned in a swimming pool at Mar a Largo, he knew too much, he was going to the press etc. etc. Here's my Forcast for 2024.

Two cases against Trump will collapse with the prosecutors looking stupid, he still might get porridge however.
    It's already in the news regularly, a cyber attack will be declared and the election canceled. But counter measures are in place and the US will get paper ballots. The Q brigade are adamant that the military will step in at some point, the reason for Trump creating spaceforce who are outside the branch of government who control the army and airforce, I don't buy this but the cyber attack play book IMO is almost a certainty, the deep state always fore shadow and project, Obama via Netflix has just put out a film on this very subject. I'll person up when I'm wrong, it's no big deal ��
    Project Killware you heard it here first

This is a resident who
    Inflation running away

It's already in the news regularly, a cyber attack will be declared and the election canceled. But counter measures are in place and the US will get paper ballots. The Q brigade are adamant that the military will step in at some point, the reason for Trump creating spaceforce who are outside the branch of government who control the army and airforce, I don't buy this but the cyber attack play book IMO is almost a certainty, the deep state always fore shadow and project, Obama via Netflix has just put out a film on this very subject. I'll person up when I'm wrong, it's no big deal 😂
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Project Killware you heard it here first
    tbf, we heard Giuliani's Georgia census people bollocks here first as well Mozz and that just caught him for 150m!

Wow!
    I give you something to extract the urine next year

So, are you saying Brexit is failing because of Remoaners? Okay.

International

Result? Nothing!
    Amazing he's still alive, he's asleep half the time but still hanging on, he won't be there forever and things will move on ..........

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Amazing he's still alive, he's asleep half the time but still hanging on, he won't be there forever and things will move on ..........
    The resident pervert and his sick family will be removed by his own party before the elections next year, he's, a big liability for them, Obama is already making noises about the pervert not being able to get it across the line this time, Kamala will get it on a temp basis only but to bypass her she will have to be replaced with a black Woman, if not the optics would be awful for the Demonrats. Book mark it.!!!!!

The resident pervert and his sick family will be removed by his own party before the elections next year, he's, a big liability for them, Obama is already making noises about the pervert not being able to get it across the line this time, Kamala will get it on a temp basis only but to bypass her she will have to be replaced with a black Woman, if not the optics would be awful for the Demonrats. Book mark it.!!!!!
    I'm not sure why but I am imagining that the above was written in orange crayon and by someone still in school uniform.

I voted to stay

It's nothing to do with me you feckwits

I give you something to extract the urine next year
    Guaranteed!