+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are not understanding this are you ?
    So no then.

Don’t make silly comments then.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Cardiff manager Erol Bulut told BBC Radio Wales:

"It was hard work. We knew it would not be easy because Wednesday had won three of their last four games.

"It was not a game where you could play nice football. Today was about fighting and running. First half maybe not so much but second half we showed team spirit, teamwork.

"At the start of the week, we had a meeting and said we had to change our work on the field and, today, we fought as a team and deserved the three points."
    Ah thank you :-/

That is completely untrue. We robbed them blind. Even a point would have been an injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    So no then.

Don’t make silly comments then.
    Shut it

We have 3 points

Merry Xmas you soppy git

Shut it

We have 3 points

Merry Xmas you soppy git
    Glad you enjoyed the game.

Glad you enjoyed the game.
    I really couldn't care less , we had a good following up there , I bet they did

In the grand scheme of things we have to take a flukey win

3 points off the play offs going into Xmas 🎄
    On Radio Wales, Nathan Blake said that it's a good ability to have, pinching games when playing badly, but eventually that luck will run out unless performances improve.

Do you agree with that or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On Radio Wales, Nathan Blake said that it's a good ability to have, pinching games when playing badly, but eventually that luck will run out unless performances improve.

Do you agree with that or not?
    I would say our bad luck ended today and we got a leg up

Do you agree ?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Wintle is coming

Very good

Ah thank you :-/

That is completely untrue. We robbed them blind. Even a point would have been an injustice.
    This is what football is all about,
    the better team do no win,and sometimes they do not.As of to day.And that is we love football.

I would say our bad luck ended today and we got a leg up

Do you agree ?
    If the last couple of months have been bad luck stories, I presume we're watching different teams.

Let's look at the stats since we beat Bristol City.

Stoke 0-0. Crap game. Neither side played well or created much.
    Norwich 2-3. Poor performance, we took our chances, Norwich should have scored more. Deserved defeat.
    Preston 2-1. Poor performance, deservedly behind when Preston went down to 10 men and capitulated in injury time. Took advantage of the situation.
    West Brom 0-1. Poor performance. Deserved defeat.
    Southampton 0-2. Even worse performance. Saints could have had 6.
    Millwall 1-0. Dreadful game, crap performance. Millwall better side until we scored through their keeper's mistake, then they missed a great chance to equalise. Undeserved win, got lucky by staying in the game.
    Birmingham 0-1. Another crap performance, deserved defeat.
    Hull 0-3. Woeful performance, made them look like Barcelona. Could have been several more.
    Wednesday 2-1. Crap performance, 1 shot on target, 2 goals scored. Got lucky by staying in the game.

That's 9 games on the trot where I make it that we deserved every defeat and were more than a bit fortunate to win the games we have, apart from perhaps Preston, though we'd have been gutted to have lost that game had we been in their position.

It's great to win a game. How we're 3 points off the playoffs is a mystery as I don't feel we deserve that and shows how close the division is. I hope today will give the players a bit of confidence as they've not looked as if they've had any for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This is what football is all about,
    the better team do no win,and sometimes they do not.As of to day.And that is we love football.
    Absolutely. I remember the Burnley home game in the PL.

Most of us are feeling a bit better tonight, even if the victory was undeserved. Hopefully it will give confidence for Plymouth.
    I think a few of us have been suggesting Grant would be better up top. Hopefully it’s not the last time we see him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Most of us are feeling a bit better tonight, even if the victory was undeserved. Hopefully it will give confidence for Plymouth.
    I think a few of us have been suggesting Grant would be better up top. Hopefully it’s not the last time we see him there.
    I don't think he was all that fussed on playing out wide for West Brom, which contributed to a loss of form.

I don't think he was all that fussed on playing out wide for West Brom, which contributed to a loss of form.
    You maybe right but I thought I read he wanted to play wide and it was his preferred position.

If the last couple of months have been bad luck stories, I presume we're watching different teams.

Norwich 2-3. Poor performance, we took our chances, Norwich should have scored more. Deserved defeat.
    Preston 2-1. Poor performance, deservedly behind when Preston went down to 10 men and capitulated in injury time. Took advantage of the situation.
    Millwall 1-0. Dreadful game, crap performance. Millwall better side until we scored through their keeper's mistake, then they missed a great chance to equalise. Undeserved win, got lucky by staying in the game.
    Hull 0-3. Woeful performance, made them look like Barcelona. Could have been several more.
    Wednesday 2-1. Crap performance, 1 shot on target, 2 goals scored. Got lucky by staying in the game.

That's 9 games on the trot where I make it that we deserved every defeat and were more than a bit fortunate to win the games we have, apart from perhaps Preston, though we'd have been gutted to have lost that game had we been in their position.

It's great to win a game. How we're 3 points off the playoffs is a mystery as I don't feel we deserve that and shows how close the division is. I hope today will give the players a bit of confidence as they've not looked as if they've had any for some time.
    If we are 3 points off the play offs then that suggests to me that we are not as bad a side as people think we are

We have had a poor run but every club has those

If we are 3 points off the play offs then that suggests to me that we are not as bad a side as people think we are

We have had a poor run but every club has those
    Out of curiosity, do you always ignore what people post and just reply without any reference to what has been said?

Out of curiosity, do you always ignore what people post and just reply without any reference to what has been said?
    I don't always do it but I always do with you as you seem to write from a prepared script of moaning and whingeing

I think if Liz Hurley turned up with a Chinese takeaway you would complain it wasn't an Indian

We don’t deserve to be where we are? Totally disagree, half the season has gone and teams are where they are on merit. The league doesn’t lie over half a season.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We don’t deserve to be where we are? Totally disagree, half the season has gone and teams are where they are on merit. The league doesn’t lie over half a season.
    Rephrase, I don't feel that we should be 3 points off the playoffs given the crap we've served up over the last couple of months. That seems a bit surreal. But you're absolutely right that the table doesn't lie.

Extended highlights: (The full 90 is available but I don't think anyone wants to see that)

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    agreed, you can have a few lucky / fortunate moments, but 1/2 a season to all evens out imho