FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Saturday 23rd December, ko 3:00pm
    Hillsborough Stadium.

Match Officials:

Referee: SAM BARROTT
    Assistants: Bhupinder Singh Gill and Mark Stevens
    Fourth Official : David Webb

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

OK, so who else is giving up their last weekend before Christmas to be bitterly disappointed. Again?

20231219_003930887_iOS.jpg

Credit to you Mike, and the other intrepid supporters. I'll be at home, disappointed, but at least the disappointment won't have cost me an arm and a leg.

Alnwick

Ng
    Goutas
    McGuinness
    Collins

Siopis
    Ralls (if fit)
    Joel Colwill (**** it no one else is staking a claim to the third midfield spot in Ramsey's absence)

Grant
    Etete
    Meitie

This is a must not lose, if we want to stay in touch with 6th place. I'd start getting concerned that the board will be reluctant to give Bulut money if these performance's last much longer.

1-0 City.

Wednesday have picked up a bit

Happy with a point

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Alnwick

Ng
    Goutas
    McGuinness
    Collins

Siopis
    Ralls (if fit)
    Joel Colwill (**** it no one else is staking a claim to the third midfield spot in Ramsey's absence)

Grant
    Etete
    Meitie

This is a must not lose, if we want to stay in touch with 6th place. I'd start getting concerned that the board will be reluctant to give Bulut money if these performance's last much longer.

1-0 City.
    Isn't Joel more defensive than his brother?

Let's play them both so we can at least get an interesting stat out of the game

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Isn't Joel more defensive than his brother?

Let's play them both so we can at least get an interesting stat out of the game
    Get him behind Ralls would be the idea.

Seen enough from Colwill recently, would rather someone else got given a go in midfield.

To be honest, I wouldn't oppose Sawyers making an appearance. Anything to shake up the midfield.

Or players that w want in January have second thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Get him behind Ralls would be the idea.

Seen enough from Colwill recently, would rather someone else got given a go in midfield.

To be honest, I wouldn't oppose Sawyers making an appearance. Anything to shake up the midfield.
    Ralls as the most advanced player? Not sure that would work, certainly didn't when we tried it under Neil Harris

Colwill's started 2 games, was our best player against Birmingham, feels a bit soon to say "seen enough"? Sawyers is past it and we'll likely be looking to move him on, he also isn't as good as our other options. If we're going to shake things up then the player that should probably go is Siopis, miles off it recently and clearly tired

To be honest I don't really see why Sawyers & Rinomhota are selected on the bench. It's clear Bulut doesn't rate them, we might as well stick Joel Colwill or Cian Ashford on there in their place

Joel Colwill was missing from the u21s yesterday. Could be injured or might be lined up for some sort of involvement on Saturday.

I really not sure what the answer is without Ralls in this current set up.

I wonder if a change in formation with wingbacks 5-3-2, Grant played well as a wingback in the cup

Alnick

NG McGuiness Goutas

Grant wingback
    Collins wingback

Colwill Siopis Wintle

Robinson
    Etete

Ahh I don’t know, not even keen on that lol. Squad is looking thin at the moment

Another embarrassing defeat

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I really not sure what the answer is without Ralls in this current set up.

I wonder if a change in formation with wingbacks 5-3-2, Grant played well as a wingback in the cup

Alnick

NG McGuiness Goutas

Grant wingback
    Collins wingback

Colwill Siopis Wintle

Robinson
    Etete

Ahh I don’t know, not even keen on that lol. Squad is looking thin at the moment
    I'd go with that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ralls as the most advanced player? Not sure that would work, certainly didn't when we tried it under Neil Harris

Colwill's started 2 games, was our best player against Birmingham, feels a bit soon to say "seen enough"? Sawyers is past it and we'll likely be looking to move him on, he also isn't as good as our other options. If we're going to shake things up then the player that should probably go is Siopis, miles off it recently and clearly tired

To be honest I don't really see why Sawyers & Rinomhota are selected on the bench. It's clear Bulut doesn't rate them, we might as well stick Joel Colwill or Cian Ashford on there in their place
    Been saying this for years around our youngsters - we keep putting dead wood on the bench and not taking a risk with the youngsters when time and time again the dead wood would come on and not make a difference anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Been saying this for years around our youngsters - we keep putting dead wood on the bench and not taking a risk with the youngsters when time and time again the dead wood would come on and not make a difference anyway
    100% agree, I don’t see the point in including players that obviously don’t have a future here.
    It’s not like any of those players included have bust a gut to try and impress the manager

We have 3 midfielders who are standing by the exit door and if we can persuade anyone else to take them off our hands, will be gone in January

I’d rather see Colwill junior on the bench alongside a couple of others who will at least give it their all if called upon

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Saturday 23rd December, ko 3:00pm
    Hillsborough Stadium.

Match Officials:

Referee: SAM BARROTT
    Assistants: Bhupinder Singh Gill and Mark Stevens
    Fourth Official : David Webb
    You only Singh when you're winning.

Nice to see old grizzled pros giving something back to the game. I salute you David Webb, particularly for that Old Trafford goal in the Leeds replay

[QUOTE=Michael Morris;5476296]OK, so who else is giving up their last weekend before Christmas to be bitterly disappointed. Again?

Pick n shovel (and thermal undies...bit draughty in that upper stand)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nice to see old grizzled pros giving something back to the game. I salute you David Webb, particularly for that Old Trafford goal in the Leeds replay
    77 as well, fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Joel Colwill was missing from the u21s yesterday. Could be injured or might be lined up for some sort of involvement on Saturday.
    Don't know loads about him but he has looked great the odd development match I've caught.

Difficult to tell how that translates over into the championship but he seemed to have a bit of everything.

The team certainly needs a dose of energy. Perhaps someone like Joel might give the team that.

Match Review

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    OK, so who else is giving up their last weekend before Christmas to be bitterly disappointed. Again?

20231219_003930887_iOS.jpg
    I'll be there

Any ideas how many tickets we've sold?

International

They've had a big meeting and have been working hard on connections and speeding play up, so I think we might play a bit more direct tomorrow, something has to change.