+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    How old is Cadamaterie? 17? 18? full of running ...nothing like our youngsters (except Tasner when in form)
    He’s showing our forward players up.

BBC saying we’ve had two shots (none on target of course) -one was a ridiculous effort from thirty yards by McGuinness which almost went out of the ground, not a clue what the other was.

The wurzels showed last night that Hull aren’t as good as we made them look and I don’t think we’re up against much today, but Wednesday don’t need to be very good to be comfortably better than us.

Bulut talked as if we had some sort of reset this week, well, there’s no sign of any change so far and unless the second half brings an improvement, we’re definitely one of the three worst teams in the Championship currently.

At this rate we will need to buy players in January to avoid relegation, let alone playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

BBC saying we’ve had two shots (none on target of course) -one was a ridiculous effort from thirty yards by McGuinness which almost went out of the ground, not a clue what the other was.

The wurzels showed last night that Hull aren’t as good as we made them look and I don’t think we’re up against much today, but Wednesday don’t need to be very good to be comfortably better than us.

Bulut talked as if we had some sort of reset this week, well, there’s no sign of any change so far and unless the second half brings an improvement, we’re definitely one of the three worst teams in the Championship currently.
    Have to agree with that...it is dreadful to watch.....how can I get my boys to follow them when they play like this....?

Only watching on Internet updates but as soon as they score first we are in trouble as our stikeforce looks incapable of getting goals from open play.

We seem like the Championship equivalent to Man United.

What a dreadful end to 2023 after so much promise early season.

Take a draw! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You sometimes wonder where a goal is coming from when your team is playing badly. We are struggling to create a single chance. Sheff. Wed. are a very basic, pump it quick and long type of team, yet they're absolutely strolling through this game..
    That we cannot compete against a side containing Wil Vaulks and Patto speaks volumes about Citys dismal managerial and player recruitment over the last several years.

Watching this it's clear that something is fundamentally wrong in the squad. The players look like they've never met and are slow and lethargic in everything they do. Something has to change quickly otherwise we're in big trouble.

Have to agree with that...it is dreadful to watch.....how can I get my boys to follow them when they play like this....?
    Tell them we are Brazil but going through a bad patch

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You sometimes wonder where a goal is coming from when your team is playing badly. We are struggling to create a single chance. Sheff. Wed. are a very basic, pump it quick and long type of team, yet they're absolutely strolling through this game..
    Quite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

At the moment I'm glad we made a good start to the season .

Bulut always comes out with obvious but vague statements. I have no idea what he is trying to achieve. The worse sides we saw in League 2 at least gave it a go. I can’t remember anything as bad, as in lack of positivity in play married to quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Were a better team when Ralls plays
    Your past tense is very apt.

Even worse second half according to the radio

Wintle coming on to turn the game around. Jesus wept.

Wintle for Siopis? Tanner for Bowler?

One right...but WHAT is Bowler contrbuting? Tanner is a RIGHT winger...not left!!!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Even worse second half according to the radio
    The radio is quite right...

Must be Etete for Bowler soon surely? In addition to non existent attack we are all over the place in defence......

Bowler off for Etete, moving players about into different roles

Feels somewhat desperate at the moment

It takes some doing for a team both collectively and individually to become worse. Fair play to whoever implemented that strategy.

Siopis going off after fifty five minutes says so much about where we are currently.

One of the most telling previous posts is that this display is against a team containing Paterson and Vaulks.

At this rate our friends down west could well be above us after Boxing day...

It isn’t that we have had zero shots on target: we haven’t looked like threatening the opposition goal for weeks now.

It is just so boring.

One of the most telling previous posts is that this display is against a team containing Paterson and Vaulks.

At this rate our friends down west could well be above us after Boxing day...
    Their commitment could never be questioned. I’ll leave it there.

We are so predictable.

Pass it about a bit between centre halves. Pass it up to midfield then either:

(A) pass it back
    (B) pump a diagonal ball and lose it
    (C) get muscled off the ball and lose it.

1-1

Grant

We didn't deserve that.

Where the feck has that come from