+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thoughts on Graham Linehan?

Thoughts on Graham Linehan?

I always that he was a bit of a tube when he put his political thoughts out on Twitter.
    He was as Self Righteous as can be, until he
    stood up regarding the camel’s back breaking straw (Which I think may have been somewhat sanctimonious in itself).

I still don’t like him very much, but it’s sad to see how much of a pariah he is.
    He was a Guardian golden boy and is now reduced to being offered a lifeline by the likes of Andrew Doyle and Rod Liddle to sell books to survive.

It’s bonkers to see how intersectionality can devour one of its own and casually regurgitate a shell of the Man.

Re: Thoughts on Graham Linehan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I always that he was a bit of a tube when he put his political thoughts out on Twitter.
    stood up regarding the camel’s back breaking straw (Which I think may have been somewhat sanctimonious in itself).

I still don’t like him very much, but it’s sad to see how much of a pariah he is.
    He was a Guardian golden boy and is now reduced to being offered a lifeline by the likes of Andrew Doyle and Rod Liddle to sell books to survive.

It’s bonkers to see how intersectionality can devour one of its own and casually regurgitate a shell of the Man.
    Very good writer , father Ted and IT crowd were great

I don't know why he got involved in the pro or anti trans are men or women debate as its a minefield ......maybe it was his Catholic upbringing

It surprised me that he did as he was clearly left leaning in his politics but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up presenting a show on GB News

He comes over as a complete waste

He's my favourite comedy writer. I followed him on twitter off the back of that, scrolling past his tweets mostly without looking closely, as I'd do with most I follow. Then it dawned on me, that I only ever saw him arguing about trans stuff and it's not my bag, so I unfollowed him.

And then it was his thing, and whenever he popped up he was just being angry about trans people. Surely, friends family agents colleagues associates etc must have advised him to tone it down a bit, but he didn't, it was a hill he wanted to die on, and he pretty much has.

The weird thing is that the IT Crowd has probably the most sensitive depiction of a trans character in a sitcom that I can remember, especially as it was about 15 years ago, when Douglas falls in love with a woman who used to be a man and ends the episode crying about losing someone he connected so deeply with.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's my favourite comedy writer. I followed him on twitter off the back of that, scrolling past his tweets mostly without looking closely, as I'd do with most I follow. Then it dawned on me, that I only ever saw him arguing about trans stuff and it's not my bag, so I unfollowed him.

And then it was his thing, and whenever he popped up he was just being angry about trans people. Surely, friends family agents colleagues associates etc must have advised him to tone it down a bit, but he didn't, it was a hill he wanted to die on, and he pretty much has.

The weird thing is that the IT Crowd has probably the most sensitive depiction of a trans character in a sitcom that I can remember, especially as it was about 15 years ago, when Douglas falls in love with a woman who used to be a man and ends the episode crying about losing someone he connected so deeply with.
    I am also amazed how involved he got in it all

He's written some of the best alternative comedy of my generation and its descended into fights over twitter and the end of his career

He looks like he's hitting the bottle too

Linehan is an atheist. In January 2009, he helped to publicise the Atheist Bus Campaign. He is also an honorary associate of the National Secular Society. Maybe that was due to his Catholic upbringing too? Just saying like. Whatever, he is a brave man to stand up and criticise the transgender movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Linehan is an atheist. In January 2009, he helped to publicise the Atheist Bus Campaign. He is also an honorary associate of the National Secular Society. Maybe that was due to his Catholic upbringing too? Just saying like. Whatever, he is a brave man to stand up and criticise the transgender movement.
    He's got off lightly then as most religious types are raving homophobes and totally against all this transgender stuff

I mean it's 2023 and they are still arguing as to wether two men being in love is a sin

It amazes me why people get so involved in other people's lives

I couldn't care less and why he got so caught up in it is beyond me

I watched an interview with him and Rod Liddle on YouTube and he is a broken Man I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's got off lightly then as most religious types are raving homophobes and totally against all this transgender stuff

I mean it's 2023 and they are still arguing as to wether two men being in love is a sin

It amazes me why people get so involved in other people's lives

I couldn't care less and why he got so caught up in it is beyond me
    Many gay people don’t want to be associated with the Trans movement and see it as an attack on their sexuality.

Talking of which, my Wife’s friend came over last night as she needed to talk.
    Her husband of 30 years and father her 4 children has revealed to her that he is gay and has been since he was 18.

She’s in bits and obviously he must be as well.
    It’s so sad that he felt the pressure to repress his sexuality for this whole time and for her, who has spent the last 30 years building a life with someone that wasn’t truly himself.

I watched an interview with him and Rod Liddle on YouTube and he is a broken Man I think.
    Liddle is a tosspot

Liddle is a tosspot
    I 100% expected that response :)

Thoughts :
    Talented.
    Outspoken.
    Now cancelled.
    So much for free speach.

I 100% expected that response :)
    He's a complete arse

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thoughts :
    Talented.
    Outspoken.
    Now cancelled.
    So much for free speach.
    He was cancelled by fruitcakes with nothing better to do

Most people don't care about people's private lives or what they do with their body

There is of course concerns when we are talking about adolescents wanting body and sex change but it can be dealt with sensibly

Linehan has dug his own grave by arguing with idiots

Many gay people don’t want to be associated with the Trans movement and see it as an attack on their sexuality.

Talking of which, my Wife’s friend came over last night as she needed to talk.
    Her husband of 30 years and father her 4 children has revealed to her that he is gay and has been since he was 18.

She’s in bits and obviously he must be as well.
    It’s so sad that he felt the pressure to repress his sexuality for this whole time and for her, who has spent the last 30 years building a life with someone that wasn’t truly himself.
    I would think most trans people are gay or bisexual so they have common ground with homosexuals

Very sad that someone has to hide their sexuality but it always surprises me that a bloke can father children if he isn't turned on by women ?

Bisexual blokes can obviously but if a bloke is attracted by other men surely he can't get aroused ?

I would think most trans people are gay or bisexual so they have common ground with homosexuals

Very sad that someone has to hide their sexuality but it always surprises me that a bloke can father children if he isn't turned on by women ?

Bisexual blokes can obviously but if a bloke is attracted by other men surely he can't get aroused ?
    Their argument is…let them be gay and not jump on puberty blockers and transform themselves with coercion.

My Mrs and I were talking last night about it and think he is probably Bi.
    Apparently he’s not had any homosexual encounters and they went through a couple of months of relationship therapy, which has resulted in this bombshell.

Their argument is…let them be gay and not jump on puberty blockers and transform themselves with coercion.

My Mrs and I were talking last night about it and think he is probably Bi.
    Apparently he’s not had any homosexual encounters and they went through a couple of months of relationship therapy, which has resulted in this bombshell.
    It's a hornets nest

I am amazed women are with a bloke or blokes with women for years and they are devastated when their partner gets caught in the gents or their wife runs off with her yoga teacher

Must be a hell of a shock 🤯

It's a hornets nest

I am amazed women are with a bloke or blokes with women for years and they are devastated when their partner gets caught in the gents or their wife runs off with her yoga teacher

Must be a hell of a shock 🤯
    My Best Mate over here was married for 27 years.
    His Mrs told him she was gay a few years ago and is now married now to a right thundercnt of a militant woman.
    Their Child is a beautiful young late teenager with Down Syndrome and they have trodden all over his rights as a parent.

He is the most obnoxious Wolves fan you can imagine mind…but still, it breaks my heart to see what he has been and still goes through.

My Best Mate over here was married for 27 years.
    His Mrs told him she was gay a few years ago and is now married now to a right thundercnt of a militant woman.
    Their Child is a beautiful young late teenager with Down Syndrome and they have trodden all over his rights as a parent.

He is the most obnoxious Wolves fan you can imagine mind…but still, it breaks my heart to see what he has been and still goes through.
    Some people have to deal with a right mess

He is one of your lot who had the temerity to voice an opinion and as a result your lot cancelled him from having free speech

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    He is one of your lot who had the temerity to voice an opinion and as a result your lot cancelled him from having free speech
    My lot?

I’ve a wide range of views, which do not fit seamlessly hand in glove into any current party political pigeon hole…

I’ve been concerned of the dangers of intersectionality/Post Modern philosophy for years and have been accused of being a libertarian/tory/enlightened centrist…purely because I hate what has become of political discourse and what seems like the exponential growth of political and social partisanship.

I long for common sense, the return of grown up debate, including the ability to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I think tory boy may have been referring to me

I think linehan has proved himself to be an arsehole for continuing to argue about this issue

In 20 years society will think what was all that about ? Who cares

Blog Entries

Graham Linehan is a hero standing up for women, more men should be like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    he clearly thinks he's doing the right thing, and is prepared to speak out even though by this point it is clearly damaging his career prospects.

he seems to have a bit of an obsessive personality and just can't let it go because he's sure he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Linehan is a public figure and has far more sway than your average bloke

I think that people like him and jk Rowling are right to raise concerns but the problem is knowing when to step back and let the law deal with all this

Because there are lots of nutcases who can't see the difference between someone having concerns about women's rights and safety in the trans debate and linehan who has shot himself in the foot and become target practice for lunatics