+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid jab boosters?

Covid jab boosters?

Are they still happening? last time I had one was November 22…..

Re: Covid jab boosters?

Had mine with my flu jab a few weeks ago

Over 65's and those in high risks groups should have had them.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Over 65's and those in high risks groups should have had them.
    My missus, in neither group, has received a letter inviting her to have her jab in early January. Had mine with my flu jab back in November.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    and me the same

I have one every 6 months

Me too.

I've had both my shingles jabs too.

Anyone young ones, around 50?
    Guess we will get one in the new year……

I haven't had one jab, i thought the vaccines were rushed through with a focus on opening the economy ahead of how safe the jabs actually were

Had my latest covid jab a couple of weeks ago.

They asked if I'd had a flu jab - I haven't, never had one in my life before.

Since Covid arrived in 2020 I've had it once (with a bit of a snuffle for 24-48 hours) and I've not had a cold, a sneeze or a sore throat or anything else cold related since.

To me it's like the vaccine has cured the common cold.

My arm doesn't have hurt after the covid jab

Daily Vitamin C, Vitamin D, & Zinc, not had Covid, cold or flu since it all started. was poorly in the 1st or 2nd week when it started.

My mum had her latest jab around 6 weeks ago. She currently has covid which she has caught during her stay in hospital!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Mine did too, but only after the first or second. Latest one didn't hurt at all.

Doesn’t have hurt? That’s a good thing, isn’t it?

I had both my covid and flu jabs together and arms felt grim afterwards. 4 weeks ago got pneumonia and was on 2 runs of antibiotics. now got stinking cold, cough, aches and feeling yuck. covid test neg this morning. 5 grandkids means plenty of chance for picking up things. think the best advice is avoid crowded spaces if you can and also space the jabs out as it's a big whack on the system in one go.

My aunty's daughter was one of those anti vax nutters

She caught covid and was in hospital for three weeks , a week on assisted breathing

She's first in the line now for a jab

I don't have any sympathy for smart arses who play to the crowd and then get covid and use up the nhs , no sympathy at all

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I had both my covid and flu jabs together and arms felt grim afterwards. 4 weeks ago got pneumonia and was on 2 runs of antibiotics. now got stinking cold, cough, aches and feeling yuck. covid test neg this morning. 5 grandkids means plenty of chance for picking up things. think the best advice is avoid crowded spaces if you can and also space the jabs out as it's a big whack on the system in one go.
    I have had pneumonia it was shocking , I was totally off my head and thought the nurses were trying to poison me

Once they got the infection under control they told me how ill I had been

The general consensus that if you get covid and it gets hold of you it can be as bad as pneumonia

That's reason enough to take the jab , I never want to go through that again , 10 days of hell in hospital

Mine did too, but only after the first or second. Latest one didn't hurt at all.
    Every time it's a throbber

Every time it's a throbber
    sadly getting old sucks and everything seems to take ages to mend. spent the afternoon watching tv with the grandkids which has helped despite grandma moaning about us watching too much tv.

talking of Vaccines, my youngest missed her Meningitis jab in school ( and school and virgin healthcare mixup ) , so we were told we would have to get it down at the doctors, been attempting to get it done since August, well today we got it done, Meningitis in one arm, Tetanus in the other, she cant lift one arm, good job we have no game this weekend, she wouldnt be playing

her arm is just dead, cant lift it at all

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone young ones, around 50?
    Guess we will get one in the new year……
    Over 65s this time. 50+ (and members of their household) will only get one if they're in a vulnerable group. Had mine (I'm 55) last month.
    Wonder how many 50-64 year old will need hospitalisation as a result of the change?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Over 65s this time. 50+ (and members of their household) will only get one if they're in a vulnerable group. Had mine (I'm 55) last month.
    Wonder how many 50-64 year old will need hospitalisation as a result of the change?
    It’s a bit weird I guess as doing it by Christmas when lots of people mix might lessen the chances of hospitals getting busy in January.
    A Dr I know though who was one of the top consultants in s wales for covid seems to think it’s done and will only get weaker as the years go by…. some will always get it worse I guess and maybe the vaccine will help with other coronavirus’. My 90 year old mum had it this time last year and she didn’t even know until they tested here on release from llandough…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s a bit weird I guess as doing it by Christmas when lots of people mix might lessen the chances of hospitals getting busy in January.
    A Dr I know though who was one of the top consultants in s wales for covid seems to think it’s done and will only get weaker as the years go by…. some will always get it worse I guess and maybe the vaccine will help with other coronavirus’. My 90 year old mum had it this time last year and she didn’t even know until they tested here on release from llandough…..
    The doctor on the TV this morning saying the current flu going around is alot worse than covid at the minute

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    The doctor on the TV this morning saying the current flu going around is alot worse than covid at the minute
    No doubt….