+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 PDC World Darts Championship Thread

Official 2024 PDC World Darts Championship Thread

Welshman Jim Williams beats twice World Champ Peter Wright 3-0.

Re: Official 2024 PDC World Darts Championship Thread

16 year old Littler wins with a 106 average

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    16 year old Littler wins with a 106 average
    I saw the end of that and, forget Josh Rock, he's going to be amazing as long as he keeps himself grounded.

Luke Littler unbelievable talent .16 years of age WOW. Don't know what the odds are on him winning the whole thing but he got to be worth a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Welshman Jim Williams beats twice World Champ Peter Wright 3-0.
    Peter Wright is a shell of his former self, changing his darts mid match can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Peter Wright is a shell of his former self, changing his darts mid match can't help.
    He's done that before. I was amazed he ditched his darts for the first leg of the second set, threw a shocker, then picked the old set up again. His mind can't be right. I know his wife, Jo, hasn't been well and if she is his biggest priority for whatever reason, then she has to be, but he wasn't with it at all tonight. I think we're seeing the end of Snakebite as a top pro.

If Luke Littler is 16 my name is Sludge Factory.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hasn't been asked for ID since he was 12.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I used to teach piano to someone who was 16 who looked much older than Littler.

3rd round update.

Price beaten by Dolan. Scott Williams forced into giving an apology for a "2 world wars and 1 world cup" comment after beating German Martin Schindler. Luke Littler through. Wins so far for Chisnall, Cross, MVG, Michael Smith, Bunting, Cullen and Dobey.

Second favourite Luke Humphries 3-1 down to Ricardo Pietreczko.

3rd round update.

Price beaten by Dolan. Scott Williams forced into giving an apology for a "2 world wars and 1 world cup" comment after beating German Martin Schindler. Luke Littler through. Wins so far for Chisnall, Cross, MVG, Michael Smith, Bunting, Cullen and Dobey.
    Another poor showing from Price at this year's worlds.

Path opens right up for Littler now. Jim Williams or RVB to reach the quarters and Dolan or (probably) Anderson for the semis? You'd take that at the start of the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Another poor showing from Price at this year's worlds.

Path opens right up for Littler now. Jim Williams or RVB to reach the quarters and Dolan or (probably) Anderson for the semis? You'd take that at the start of the tournament
    I'm looking forward to the Williams/Barney match tomorrow afternoon. I know Williams doesn't bother much with the sport as his kitchen business is going well, but I think he could be a top 16 player if he were to dedicate more time to it. Practices sometimes with Terry Jenkins.

Update:

4th round: World Champ Michael Smith is out, losing 4-0 to Chris Dobey. MVG beats Bunting 4-0. Smith won't be world no 1 after this tournament and, if both MVG and Humphries face each other in the semifinal, Humphries will need to win the tournament to stop MVG being no 1 again.

3rd round: Jonny Clayton is the only Welshman through to the 4th round, Jim Williams folds against Barney in a poor match. Gary Anderson wins easily but Damon Heta comes from 2 sets down to beat Van Peer 4-3.

MVG looked unstoppable last night. More focused and more ruthless than he's looked for a while. He still hasn't lost a set.

Luke Littler

Unbelievable darts - best match I’ve seen for years
    105.01 average to beat RVB

Re: Luke Littler

Unbelievable!

Update:

Luke Littler stuffs Barney 4-1 in a high quality match. Leaves 170 to win the match, hits two 60s then decides against the bull. Boo!! lol!

Dolan beats Anderson 4-3.

Welsh interest ends as Clayton is stuffed 4-0 by Rob Cross. Chisnall beats Gurney and Williams beats Heta.

Humphries on course if he wins for a semi against MVG.

Update:

Luke Littler stuffs Barney 4-1 in a high quality match. Leaves 170 to win the match, hits two 60s then decides against the bull. Boo!! .
    1-4 looks like Barney wasn’t at it but amazing he averaged just shy of 100 and didn’t get a look it. I think Dolan is a different proposition though, he’s a spoiler and will not let Littler play to his rhythm

Heard all about him for a fortnight but not watched Luke littler, til tonight.
    Wow, is he some player!

He hadn't played any big names and has had a fairly comfortable draw until RVB but he just dealt with him 4-1.
    Barney's average was only slightly under 100!

Dolan next who you have to feel a bit sorry for as nobody will want him to win even though he's beaten three former world champions.

He'll never get a better chance of getting to the final with Luke Humphries being the highest ranked player left on his side of the draw.

Edit: or is it two?

The stick he’s been getting on X is awful, luckily more people than not backing him. 16 jeezzz

He's youth world champion and has been playing since he was four apparently.

Still, after watching that against RVB, he is a hell of a talent with some future in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Heard all about him for a fortnight but not watched Luke littler, til tonight.
    Wow, is he some player!

He hadn't played any big names and has had a fairly comfortable draw until RVB but he just dealt with him 4-1.
    Barney's average was only slightly under 100!

Dolan next who you have to feel a bit sorry for as nobody will want him to win even though he's beaten three former world champions.

He'll never get a better chance of getting to the final with Luke Humphries being the highest ranked player left on his side of the draw.

Edit: or is it two?
    Humphries and MVG are in the same half of the draw. They'd meet in the semis.

Littler, Dolan, Dobey and Cross are in the other half.

Cock up of the night - Luke Humphries throws 7 perfect darts, then misses 5 at double and Cullen wins set 2 with a 15 darter against the throw!

Humphries and MVG are in the same half of the draw. They'd meet in the semis.

Littler, Dolan, Dobey and Cross are in the other half.
    Ah yes
    Cross at 8 then, an even better chance!