+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inflation Falls Again

Inflation Falls Again

Re: Inflation Falls Again

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes, although food inflation remains stubbornly high.

Strange how it wasn’t the Government’s fault when it was going up, but they claim the credit when it comes down - Labour would do the same mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, although food inflation remains stubbornly high.

Strange how it wasn’t the Government’s fault when it was going up, but they claim the credit when it comes down - Labour would do the same mind.
    Labour would've caved into all the union strikes in recent years, handing out big pay rises, this would've fed inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Labour would've caved into all the union strikes in recent years, handing out big pay rises, this would've fed inflation.
    how do you know what labour would do,typical Tory rather than look at what they did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    If that’s the case, how was inflation so bloody high when the working classes had little or no pay rises?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    If that’s the case, how was inflation so bloody high when the working classes had little or no pay rises?
    Ukraine/Russia mainly. Starmer agreed with Boris Johnson on Ukraine.
    I personally didn't.

The right wing press and TV are in overload trying to keep the Tories in

Inflation drops

A slight drop in boat arrivals from France

Now they are saying starmer as a barrister who defended naughty people in the past is some kind of terrorist or sex offender sympathiser

In some ways it's good that the circulation of these dreadful papers are on the decline

Having said that can the idiots they are aimed at have the ability to read ?

Another thread that descends into the tiresome and repetitive left v right Punch and Judy show (as LoM may have hoped in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Another thread that descends into the tiresome and repetitive left v right Punch and Judy show (as LoM may have hoped in the first place).
    I actually like this message board and if I take a break and use one of the others, which I do occasionally when I'm particularly exasperated, I come back to it before long. This aspect is so tiresome though I can see a point in the not too distant future when I don't, especially since football related posts are so few and far between. It's hard not to join in though which I do sometimes.

We have the weekly shop delivered at the moment and have done for some time (thus i do not see the bill, her indoors does that stuff), previously we used to go on a Saturday morning, Doris just tops up as need in the week, like many companies this time of year, our lot did the collect for the food bank bit for the community this week, meaning i had to pop into the shop to get some stuff I was genuinely shocked at how little you get for the money.

Some bad news to set against lower inflation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67799713

0.1% if I read it correctly tbw

So rather than tax businesses and sectors to extinction - how about encouraging businesses to start up and have a go.
    Rather than be anti business and anti tourist like we are in Wales how about we encourage people to come and invest, to and have a holiday etc.
    I would rather have 10 businesses and be able to lower the business rate tax than kill off 9 of them and have just one business left.
    That is where Labour seem to always screw it up, not that the Tories are without form in this either.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    0.1% if I read it correctly tbw

So rather than tax businesses and sectors to extinction - how about encouraging businesses to start up and have a go.
    Rather than be anti business and anti tourist like we are in Wales how about we encourage people to come and invest, to and have a holiday etc.
    I would rather have 10 businesses and be able to lower the business rate tax than kill off 9 of them and have just one business left.
    That is where Labour seem to always screw it up, not that the Tories are without form in this either.
    Why are Tories obsessed by tax?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why are Tories obsessed by tax?
    Basically they are greedy , they want to keep all their money which they think they and only they have worked for ....nobody else works as hard as them ......and they don't like helping anyone else

And they don't want any money being spent on anything except if they use it .....like if they have a heart attack .....and even then if the service isn't very good its not their fault for voting for the party that keeps tax low

That's a summary

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Basically they are greedy , they want to keep all their money which they think they and only they have worked for ....nobody else works as hard as them ......and they don't like helping anyone else

And they don't want any money being spent on anything except if they use it .....like if they have a heart attack .....and even then if the service isn't very good its not their fault for voting for the party that keeps tax low

That's a summary
    And more often than not they don't know what hard work is. They're very lucky people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And more often than not they don't know what hard work is. They're very lucky people.
    I work hard for my summer holiday , for my new car , for my new carpet , weekend bottle of wine , meals out etc etc

That's the tory line

They work hard

Posties , care workers , bus drivers ......they don't work hard ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

That's a summary
    And a damn good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    And a damn good one.

It's irony of the highest order when tory voters complain about public services when they vote for a government that screws these things into the ground

The politics of envy and the greatness of virtue in one thread.
    Merry Xmas, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    The politics of envy and the greatness of virtue in one thread.
    Merry Xmas, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. 👍
    I am not envious of conservative voters or their allies or people with plenty of cash in any way whatsoever